Ibaka

PHI:
    Simmons
    Redick
    Butler
    Chandler
    Embiid

(Hopefully) Interesting stats:

- Raptors rank 3rd in ORTG (114), 8th in DRTG (106.3), and 2nd in Net RTG (+7.7). We are 20-5. That's the most wins in the league (and best win %).
    - 76ers rank 11th in ORTG (108.8), 11th in DRTG (106.8), and 10th in Net RTG (+2.0). They are 17-8. That's the 2nd most wins in the league (tied for 5th in win %).
    - Since the Butler deal, the 76ers ranks are at 6th, 12th and 9th. Not a huge amount of movement there. But are 8-2 in that time.

Performance model predicts a Raptors win with 67% certainty.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

lol. You can actually buy this.

Comment

DanH, one of the top dogs, throws his hat in the ring while still in the first third of the season, keeping him well rested for a post all star break and then playoff run. Lets go!
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        DanH, one of the top dogs, throws his hat in the ring while still in the first third of the season, keeping him well rested for a post all star break and then playoff run. Lets go!
        I want to hit this upcoming road trip from hell with some momentum behind me, so gotta get a new win streak rolling starting now.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm buying the 76er hype a bit more since the trade. Embiid, Simmons and Butler and a formidable force and have more than one potential game breaker. I don't want to close this game only up or down a couple with a few minutes left.

Kawhi has to continue to be great, Lowry has to be more consistent, Danny do what he does, Siakam spin it up and Serge/JV add up to better than average C numbers. But I'm looking for one of the role players to step up and have a big unexpected game. Fred, Wright, OG? Come on down.

Comment

Ben Simmons had 11 turnovers last game vs the raps and Kawhi made his life hell for 48 minutes. Does Kawhi stay on Ben or does he start guarding Butler now? Gotta say I liked the Kawhi on Ben look.
            Lowry on JJ and Green on Butler?
            Go Raps!

Comment

Raps are coming off a loss to the Nuggets and are suitably pissed with that outcome. The Hinkies, like many teams, are looking to win a statement game against the big dogs of the East. Two motivated teams.

After perhaps their worst 3 point effort of the year combined with a below average defensive rebounding effort look for the Raptors to make amends for their performance against the Nuggets with a shit kicking of the Post Process Hinkies.
              Many are wary of Jimmy Butler but with Leonard or Anunoby on his six all night long Jimmy is just as wary. Judging by his post game and pre game comments Kyle Lowry is suitably agitated and ready to go and he just loves taking on fake tough guy Ben Simmons.

Keys to the Game:

1. Just fucking Rebound . Limit the second chance points.The Hinkies are a very good offensive rebounding team and if they win this battle they have a great chance to win the game.
              2. Cut off the lane for Simmons and make him a jump shooter which he is not. This falls to Siakam and Leonard .
              3. Stay with JJ Reddick. The man is tireless but he is their only reall 3 point threat despite Jimmy hitting some late game winners. Jimmy ain’t a three point savant.
              4. Make Joel “No Cardio” Embiid run the floor. Do it long enough and he will suck the oxygen out of the rafters at the ACC as he walks.. not runs… up the floor.
              5. The bench is afforded an opportunity to have a major impact on the game. Phillys bench is paper thin. Take advantage of that.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

After Embiid, Redick is the guy I'm most worried about. He's going to get a lot of open looks with Simmons/Butler/Embiid all tough covers. Would like to see Green check Redick and then have Lowry on Butler to be honest.

We can't have a let down game from our bench.. the better bench wins this game in my opinion.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  After Embiid, Redick is the guy I'm most worried about. He's going to get a lot of open looks with Simmons/Butler/Embiid all tough covers. Would like to see Green check Redick and then have Lowry on Butler to be honest.

We can't have a let down game from our bench.. the better bench wins this game in my opinion.
                  Would be a nice game for CJ to bust out throwing flames. Or for FVV to just not be cringeworthy.

Comment

Coming from a guy who joined a dynasty team.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                      Coming from a guy who joined a dynasty team.

Good. Sounds like Kawhi is angling to join Kawhi here

Very candid:
                      "So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic.

"Especially when the attention is bull [expletive] attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

Another key to tonight's game is not seeing the refs put Serge/JV/pskills or Danny in foul trouble early ....
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Dec 5, 2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

how hungry are you
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Lowry has got to be more of a scoring threat. Teams are going to start loading up on Kawhi (more) if he doesn't.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Lowry has got to be more of a scoring threat. Teams are going to start loading up on Kawhi (more) if he doesn't.
                              He's not that guy anymore. Can't expect Lowry to score big numbers. Masai gotta get a second a scorer.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                              X