Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Dec 15th is almost here! Who are you interested in for the Raps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    sanyo wrote: View Post
    I dont see why the Clips would do this trade...
    I'm not sure why they would either haha just a little day dream

    Comment


    • #17
      Bring in a pg. someone like Jeremy Lin who can be a spot up shooter when we play multi-pg lineups

      Comment


      • #18
        Joey wrote: View Post
        I'm telling you man. Fultz for Ariza. Makes sense for both teams. I wonder if Phoenix does it though.

        I'd love for Masai to try and get him though. He'd be a nice addition to the bench. Maybe get Bender in the process to put on the 905.

        Comment


        • #19

          Comment


          • #20
            Washington's winning games again. Don't think they abandon the Wall/Beal tandam after all.

            Comment


            • #21
              golden wrote: View Post
              Phoenix had strong interest in FVV in the off-season. They’ve been looking for a PG for ages. Miles needs heavy minutes to get his shooting stroke back. We can do something like this:

              FVV + CJ Miles for
              Ariza + Troy Daniels

              Our bench becomes:
              Wright / Daniels / Ariza / OG / JV

              That’s a playoff team in the East, on its own. Our wing depth becomes insane. We can pickup another depth PG from China or the G League to replace Freddy.
              I like Ariza but I don't want an asset that expires given our cap situation. Without Bird rights we just lose that value for next year I think.

              Comment


              • #22
                Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Washington's winning games again. Don't think they abandon the Wall/Beal tandam after all.

                Yeah the talk out of DC is that they want to retool around Wall/Beal. It would take a real car crash of a season for them to give up on those two. More likely they will try to find a taker for Otto Porter.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Washington's winning games again. Don't think they abandon the Wall/Beal tandam after all.
                  They've beat the Nets, Knicks (barely) and Hawks (they gave up a 45-point quarter). This is still a below average team....

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    slaw wrote: View Post
                    They've beat the Nets, Knicks (barely) and Hawks (they gave up a 45-point quarter). This is still a below average team....
                    That's never stopped dumb management teams into convincing themselves to hold on long past the expiry dates.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Yeah the talk out of DC is that they want to retool around Wall/Beal. It would take a real car crash of a season for them to give up on those two. More likely they will try to find a taker for Otto Porter.
                      Are there teams looking for Otto Porter? I'm not being a smart-ass, I just haven't seen anything.

                      Personally, it wouldn't shock me if no trades are made with Washington. They're on a streak and could overtake Charlotte/Orlando soon, depending on how things play out. They could be leaning on waiting until Dwight comes back to "properly assess."

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                        Are there teams looking for Otto Porter? I'm not being a smart-ass, I just haven't seen anything.

                        Personally, it wouldn't shock me if no trades are made with Washington. They're on a streak and could overtake Charlotte/Orlando soon, depending on how things play out. They could be leaning on waiting until Dwight comes back to "properly assess."
                        I think New Orleans had interest in Porter at one point.. but they may have offered Washington a bunch of scrubs. Porter is a good player but not worth his contract. And teams will be willing to take that contract but only if they unload the worst of theirs.

                        It's not going to be easy for the Wizards to rebuild unless they take pennies on the dollar or offer Beal. Beal can get them a nice haul. He's got a value contract and a long term deal to boot.

                        So they may just hope to get the 8th seed again and pay the tax to do it. If they fail though, that's what causes most GM's to get fired.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure if Masai is looking at the trade market this season. Delon is the first name that comes to mind. He didn't get an extension so is tradeable. But we kind of need him. We've seen Fred run the bench and he's not been very good. Wright hasn't been great, but the alternative is Brown.

                          CJ has been awful. Does he have any interest in the league? He still has a year on his deal after this one, so there is risk if he's now a below 30% 3pt shooter.

                          I would do a JV for Tristan swap (talked about it in a different thread). But that's really not going to move the needle that much.. and Cavs may not even care for it. Outside of Tristan, JV really is only going to be useful for the Raptors. We need his rebounding and understanding of our system, and he'd be more important to us than to any other team.

                          We're not moving any of the starters. Even if a guy like Beal is actually available.. our starters are untouchable. So that would be some weird combo of bench guys like JV+OG. And I don't see Washington taking that deal.. not when Beal has a really great contract and every team in the NBA will want him on their roster.

                          So I really think if a new guy is added to our roster it will be as a buyout candidate.

                          Maybe Ariza but I suspect he'll be going back to Houston if he is bought out. I bet there was some wink-wink thing going on behind the scenes this summer there. Houston lets him get a fat salary for a year.. and still gets to use him in the playoffs.

                          Another guy to look for is Wayne Ellington from Miami. Great shooter.. way more consistent than CJ IMO. If Miami continues to struggle and are looking at the lottery.. maybe they let Ellington play for a contender. He's a UFA in the summer. Although he's only making about $6.7M so a team could trade a 2nd rounder for him and Miami then gets something of value.
                          Yup I've been thinking of Ellington as well. I know he's killed us in particular which might cause me to overrate him but his numbers are good in general and he would be affordable. I love Danny Green for many reasons but with the system Nurse employs we need another shooter as CJ seems permanently lost.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            If all we want is a shooter and Miles can't deliver. Shouldn't we just sign Jimmer Fredette?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                              If all we want is a shooter and Miles can't deliver. Shouldn't we just sign Jimmer Fredette?
                              Yeah, I mean that's basically what people are saying Freddy's role should be limited to off the bench, i.e., spot-up, off-the-ball shooter with secondary ball handling responsibilities. Sounds just like Jimmer. Just hope he's improved his defense. Probably some other guys in China or G-league who could fill that role.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                golden wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I mean that's basically what people are saying Freddy's role should be limited to off the bench, i.e., spot-up, off-the-ball shooter with secondary ball handling responsibilities. Sounds just like Jimmer. Just hope he's improved his defense. Probably some other guys in China or G-league who could fill that role.
                                facepalm.gif

                                Just because we're asking Delon to be the primary QB on the bench does not mean Jimmer Fredette can walk in and replace the things Fred does. NBA rotation guys don't grow on trees. Once Jimmer is done shooting that 3 he actually has to play the rest of the 5 on 5 basketball game.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X