X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Wasn't this the case with a guy named Jamal Crawford, 09-10 Sixth Man Of The Year Award winner Jamal Crawford? Sometimes it's not always the player themselves but the teams they play for. Crawford finally got the chance to be on a winning team and has flourished this season. I'd do a Calderon for Maggette swap in a heartbeat!
    perfect example. ive been vouching for magette since the warriors got him, i was hoping we'd snatch him but we got hedo instead. he would be good for us, maybe we can make him the next 6th man of the year.

Leave a comment:

• INFO
    replied
    Ohh ya done deal....
    i hate when people say things like that
    if it were done it would of happened at the deadline but the LA brass said that it wasnt true

strap in guys theres going to be "done deals" untill he's dealt

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    When was the last time that Maggette played on a team with a winning record?

Answer 2005-06. That has been the only year in Maggette's 11 years in the league that he has ever played on a winning team. In the meantime he has played on some pretty awful teams during those 11 years.

Why would the Raptors want a guy who for all intense in purposes has never played on a winning NBA team over 11 years?

You could say it is not his fault, but there is a reason that some guys spend most of their career toiling for lousy teams and it is not because they know how to win.

2 thumbs down to the Raptors acquiring Maggette.
    Wasn't this the case with a guy named Jamal Crawford, 09-10 Sixth Man Of The Year Award winner Jamal Crawford? Sometimes it's not always the player themselves but the teams they play for. Crawford finally got the chance to be on a winning team and has flourished this season. I'd do a Calderon for Maggette swap in a heartbeat!

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    mo-sales wrote: View Post
    So Maggette gets condemned for not playing on a winner in his career and Bosh gets praised for knowing how to deal with losses and a grueling 82 game schedule. Seems like they are both in the same boat. Both guys are great at putting up good numbers on bad teams.

I'm down to resign Bosh simply because the raptors won't see a player of his value come along very often, but his super max contract will be one of the worst in the league and if it can turned into a player of Bynums franchise altering potential, its ridiculous to not jump at that opportunity.

Aside from the obvious character disparities what is the difference between Chris Bosh and Zach Randolph?
    i think mobility and agility. bosh tends to get out of double teams while zach gets stuck. bosh uses more moves while zach relies on brute force.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    mo-sales wrote: View Post
    So Maggette gets condemned for not playing on a winner in his career and Bosh gets praised for knowing how to deal with losses and a grueling 82 game schedule. Seems like they are both in the same boat. Both guys are great at putting up good numbers on bad teams.

I'm down to resign Bosh simply because the raptors won't see a player of his value come along very often, but his super max contract will be one of the worst in the league and if it can turned into a player of Bynums franchise altering potential, its ridiculous to not jump at that opportunity.

Aside from the obvious character disparities what is the difference between Chris Bosh and Zach Randolph?
    i dont think it was mentioned in the same context. magette going from crappy team to barely playoff team is so-so, but bosh going to barely playoff team to contender makes more sense. id be happy to resign bosh too if bargs will be coming off the bench. i think the killer Bs experiment should be over and never be tried again, you cant have a jumpshooting PF playing with a 3 pt seeking center. you have to have a big inside.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Okay lets compare some numbers from this season.

Games played Bynum 65 Johnson 82
    Points per 36 minutes as a starter Bynum 17.8 Johnson 19.6
    Rebounds per 36 minutes Bynum 9.9 Johnson 9.8
    Total Rebounding % Bynum 15.3% Johnson 16.1%
    True Field Goal % Bynum .608 Johnson .639
    Effective Field Goal % Bynum .570 Johnson .623

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bynuman01.html

Defensive Rating - Team points allowed per 100 possessions when on the court vs when off the court. The bigger the negative number the better.

Bynum 103.33 vs 103.34 or -1.01
    Johnson 107.92 vs 116.17 or -8.25

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=TOR

Opponents Field Goal Percentage on court vs off court - The smaller the number the better

Bynum 48.6% vs 48.3% or plus .3%
    Johnson 48.0% vs 53.1% or minus 5.1%

Fouls per 36 minutes as a starter
    ----------------------------------------
    Bynum 3.6
    Johnson 4.0

So fouls per 36 minutes as a starter is the only category that Bynum beat Johnson in and the difference was not that much.

In addition

1. Johnson has no problem being motivated
    2. So far, cross fingers and toes, Bynum as been far more injury prone.
    nice analysis. but youre missing the 3 most key things for the raptors:

blks
    Johnson - .8
    Bynum - 1.5

height
    johnson - 6'9"
    bynum - 7'0"

position
    johnson - PF
    bynum - C

are you seriously considering playing a frontline of hedo, bargs and amir? against lets say shaq, jamison and lebron? or perkins, KG and pierce? id be happy to have Amir back, but he cant be a solid starter. he can be a starter if bargs goes down, but other than that, i think he's more a role player.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I love Johnson and his motor. The only problem is whether he can stay in games. He's a hack machine. He's gotta work on that. He's athletic enough to stay with bigs, he just has to use his hands and positioning better. You can't go wrong with both him and Bynum on the same team. Imagine Bynum at the 5 and Johnson at the 4? It's almost drool-worthy if you're a Raptors fan.

Leave a comment:

• mo-sales
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    From an X's and O's standpoint if you have to keep players like Bargs and Turkoglu, you need a rock in the post like Bynum. The Raps could then try an Orlando-type formula. But the Lakers would be significantly changed. Who would defend the post for them? Sure, they'd score like Derek Jeter in Ft. Lauderdale during the March Break, but offense alone will not carry the day.

Leave a comment:

• A00715890
    replied
    A00715890 wrote: View Post
    ya whatever...johnson has never been a starter....while bynum is the starter for the current champs...if you think johnson is better than bynum right now....then your outta you mind...
    You keep thinking that way.

Watch and learn over the next couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    A00715890 wrote: View Post
    ya whatever...johnson has never been a starter....while bynum is the starter for the current champs...if you think johnson is better than bynum right now....then your outta you mind...
    You keep thinking that way.

Watch and learn over the next couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• A00715890
    replied
    Okay lets compare some numbers from this season.

Games played Bynum 65 Johnson 82
    Points per 36 minutes as a starter Bynum 17.8 Johnson 19.6
    Rebounds per 36 minutes Bynum 9.9 Johnson 9.8
    Total Rebounding % Bynum 15.3% Johnson 16.1%
    True Field Goal % Bynum .608 Johnson .639
    Effective Field Goal % Bynum .570 Johnson .623

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bynuman01.html

Defensive Rating - Team points allowed per 100 possessions when on the court vs when off the court. The bigger the negative number the better.

Bynum 103.33 vs 103.34 or -1.01
    Johnson 107.92 vs 116.17 or -8.25

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=TOR

Opponents Field Goal Percentage on court vs off court - The smaller the number the better

Bynum 48.6% vs 48.3% or plus .3%
    Johnson 48.0% vs 53.1% or minus 5.1%

Fouls per 36 minutes as a starter
    ----------------------------------------
    Bynum 3.6
    Johnson 4.0

So fouls per 36 minutes as a starter is the only category that Bynum beat Johnson in and the difference was not that much.

In addition

1. Johnson has no problem being motivated
    2. So far, cross fingers and toes, Bynum as been far more injury prone.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    When was the last time that Maggette played on a team with a winning record?

Answer 2005-06. That has been the only year in Maggette's 11 years in the league that he has ever played on a winning team. In the meantime he has played on some pretty awful teams during those 11 years.

Why would the Raptors want a guy who for all intense in purposes has never played on a winning NBA team over 11 years?

You could say it is not his fault, but there is a reason that some guys spend most of their career toiling for lousy teams and it is not because they know how to win.

2 thumbs down to the Raptors acquiring Maggette.

Leave a comment:

• Marz
    replied
    James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    1) Now that Don Nelson has finally become the the NBA career wins leader, he's probably going to retire. A new coach will likely want to re-tool the the roster and inplement a different system. *As it stands, the Warriors don't have a true pass-first PG or a legit back-up PG.
    So then what is Stephen Curry? He creates offense for his teammates and for himself. He may not be pass-first, but he's certainly not selfish. The warriors may be more interested in Jack to back up Curry because Calderon's price tag is too steep.

Leave a comment:

• James Ballswin (Realizar)
    replied
    TIm W. wrote: View Post
    There's no way Golden State would want Calderon. Now if they want to trade Maggette for Bargnani, I'd do that.
    (NOTE: I realize this discussion is OT for this thread, but it was one I intiated ealier on page 2).

I respectfully disagree.

1) Now that Don Nelson has finally become the the NBA career wins leader, he's probably going to retire. A new coach will likely want to re-tool the the roster and inplement a different system. *As it stands, the Warriors don't have a true pass-first PG or a legit back-up PG.

2) Calderon and Maggette have nearly identical contracts (years and dollars). Trading them would be a even swap.

3) Maggette has been disgruntled with the Warriors and may not fit in their long-term plans (given his age and contract). They are stacked with young athletes at the SF/PF position and are going to get another lottery pick this year.
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Apr 29, 2010, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X