• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Bynum is 60 cents on the dollar?

Really? I'm pretty sure if they make that trade Bynum has better numbers than Bosh next year and at a much reduced price tag. Throw in the fact that he is a beast defensively, still improving and has a serious chip on his shoulder, i'd say the raps are getting the better exchange rate.
    Andrew Bynum
    Average games played per season: 55.6 (67.8%)
    Average games player per season when averaging more than 28 minutes per game: 50 (60.9%)

You can speculate on his production all day but with his injury track record and the types of injuries sustained we need to be aware of what's to come if he's a Raptor. When he plays over 28 minutes a game he misses 40% of the season. That's scary, hence 60 cents on the dollar. My comment can be justified in terms of games played alone without going into skills or talent.

Leave a comment:

• James Ballswin (Realizar)
    replied
    If we do end up trading Bosh for Bynum, I'd "still" like to see the Raps trade Calderon to the Warriors for Maggette.

How would this Raps team stack up against the best in the East:

Starters
    PG: Jack
    SG: Derozan
    SF: Maggette
    PF: Bargs
    C: Bynum

Bench
    PG: Hedo (Point Forward), Banks
    SG: Belinelli
    SF: Weems
    PF: Evans
    C: Amir

And we would also have our draft pick (the best player available).

Leave a comment:

• RPT23
    replied
    Call me crazy, but I think Lee would be a perfect fit... "rebounding-wise" only. He'd be the only player on the team to actually want to rebound. Everyone else usually watches Bosh grab the rebound. Ah, now I'm really getting irritated at that thought (of everyone else watching Bosh).

Leave a comment:

• mo-sales
    replied
    Bynum is 60 cents on the dollar?

Really? I'm pretty sure if they make that trade Bynum has better numbers than Bosh next year and at a much reduced price tag. Throw in the fact that he is a beast defensively, still improving and has a serious chip on his shoulder, i'd say the raps are getting the better exchange rate.

Bynum's biggest problem other than his injuries woes is that he doesn't mesh with Gasol on the court. He thinks he should be the go to guy on the lakers and instead he's third fiddle at best. They won last year without him and I think he wants his own to team to prove that he can be the man. He's being under utilized and its affecting his game play.

This trade would catapult the raps to upper echelon of the East. Turk would get his Dwight back, Bargs would flourish on both sides of the ball and even poor Jose wouldn't be the sacrificial lamb on defense any more.

If the Lakers want to make this trade, the raptors should do it regardless of whether Bosh wants to stay or not. Bynum is what Oden is supposed to be, once he puts it together the league better take notice. He is the home run that BC has been swinging at for over four years, big risk, big reward.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    If he's leaving for sure, this is the deal I'd make. There's nobody else that's going to give up a talent like Bynum so I'd take it and run if I were BC.

Vujacic and Brown coming back this way doesn't do anything for me. We'd have 5 SG's on the team(Weems, DeRozan, Belli, Brown, Sasha), there'd be too much of a backlog with not enough PT for everyone. We'd still need a serviceable backup 3, and they don't exactly have one(Luke Walton?). Some of you may say Weems or DeRozan can fill in at the 3 but I'd rather keep them at the 2 and have them develop there(playing together occasionally).

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Another question no one is asking is do we really want Bosh moving to the division rival Knicks? My answer is no.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I'd rather get a 1st rounder/TPE than acquire Lee for Bosh.

The Knicks would have to show Bosh that they're doing something to put a competitive team out on the court or else he's not jumping to that ship.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I love Lee, but he'd be a terrible fit to this existing line-up assuming that we're removing Bosh and replacing him with David. We'd hands down be the worst defensive team of all-time.
    Worst defensive front court(Andrea, Davis and Hedo) of all-time doesn't make me all that excited either...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    LOL, the league wouldn't allow three guys from one team in the dunk comp. Brown in town would make for a few more highlight reel dunks for sure though!

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Could you imagine next year's slam dunk competition with Weems, DeRozan and Brown, all from the same team? At least the practices would be exciting.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Man, if the Lakers get Bosh, then whats the point in playing? They would be the most complete lineup, Gasol, Bosh, Artest, Kobe, Fisher. Every spot is filled with the perfect player.

Id only give up Bosh if they take Calderon's contract, which would probably work since they need a PG who is pass-first, and can open the floor with 3's. They'd also make Gasol happy since theyre bringing in another spaniard to play with him. We'd probably get Bynum, Vujacic and Brown. This way, we get a young center beside Bargs, the expiring contract of Vujacic and a combo guard to play alongside weems and DD. I mean were not going to be outright contender's but it would be some good youth players to build on.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Apr 29, 2010, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marz
    replied
    It's not just Bynum's injury history that worries me, it's his motivation. Toronto doesn't have Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson, and Pau Gasol to be on Bynum's ass all the time to develop a player. Does he have enough self-motivation to continue progressing? I doubt we'd have seen Bynum develop so quickly if he were on another team.

Leave a comment:

• James Ballswin (Realizar)
    replied
    I think this rumour has some validity simply because the Lakers won the title last year and brought in Artest to replace Ariza. Based on that alone, I could see them winning the title again this year and still want to acquire Bosh to replace Bynum.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    If we got Bynum for Bosh, I'd be doing backflips. It's funny, because you if ask Laker fans about that deal, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even have to think about it. I think Bynum would be a beast being the #1 or even #2 option here. I'd take the rumour with a large shovel of salt. I remember the Lakers saying they made up the Bosh for Bynum rumours back in Jan-Feb just to get a kickstart out of Bynum. Jerry Buss LOVES Bynum. That's why it's hard to imagine that this would take place.

I like David Lee, but really, I'd hate to send Bosh to a team in the same division.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Apr 29, 2010, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I'm also in the "not a huge fan of Bynum" party, but at this point his sheer potential intrigues me and he would be one of (if not the best) better options we've heard regarding any sign & trade deals pertaining to Bosh.

I love Lee, but he'd be a terrible fit to this existing line-up assuming that we're removing Bosh and replacing him with David. We'd hands down be the worst defensive team of all-time.

BTW, welcome to the RR Forums RPT23.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X