Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    A couple weeks ago skip was blathering on how hed take DeRozan over Kawhi any day.

That's what I love about 82 games + playoffs. The cream always rises to the top.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't K ow about Skip takes but people/broadcasts keep bringing up "Spurs culture" a lot. Look, they had championship calibre talent for 20 years and they don't anymore. It's that simple. The Ghost of Tim Duncan could preside over the locker room and infuse all the "culture" he wants into it, that's still going to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league as long as the guys that are currently there are putting on those jerseys.

TBH what I am most surprised by is that RC Buford has allowed the talent to wind down like this. Really thought he would keep finding ways to restock the cupboard perpetuly. Maybe it won't take them too long to retool.
    Bayless is an idiot. This only makes sense if you thought the only reason the Spurs won was Popovich's coaching, which is absurd.

There are no saviors or white knights. Organizations succeed when everyone involved does their own job well. Popovich is a great coach but he was always only one guy who needed everyone else around him to be great, too. He may have had an outsized impact on the team but lots of other people mattered/matter, too. And while he deserves lots of credit for the Spurs achievements, he was never the only one.

As for their talent, I can't be critical of a front office that has sustained that level for that long. I think the issue has been that they have tried to cobble together a competitive team for Pop until he retires but Kawhi leaving made that really tough. Once they decide to rebuild it will be a different story.

Leave a comment:

• can't teach wingspan
    replied
    I hate close-outs when players jump in the air. Horrible strategy. Either you foul the player on the shot, or they do what George did, sidestep and get an open look

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I don't K ow about Skip takes but people/broadcasts keep bringing up "Spurs culture" a lot. Look, they had championship calibre talent for 20 years and they don't anymore. It's that simple. The Ghost of Tim Duncan could preside over the locker room and infuse all the "culture" he wants into it, that's still going to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league as long as the guys that are currently there are putting on those jerseys.

TBH what I am most surprised by is that RC Buford has allowed the talent to wind down like this. Really thought he would keep finding ways to restock the cupboard perpetuly. Maybe it won't take them too long to retool.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Thank you for continuing the tradition of someone calling every game against a sub .500 team the trap game
    I was totally going to post "trap game" in pink font, but cooler heads prevailed.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    The Nets are having a tough run... They lost Levert and they just haven't been able to close games they have in hand.

The coughed up a 20 point lead to the Thunder last night.... had a 7 point lead and the ball with less than a minute to go and lost that to Memphis....

Hoping the tradition continues against the Raps on Friday.... and they take their 9th L in a row. At least they have their draft choice this year.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    This is what you call a trap game. After Brooklyn we go up against 7 tough opponents in a row.

With LeVert out this should be easy. Just need a good game.. and not like the one against the Cavs. That one sucked.
    Thank you for continuing the tradition of someone calling every game against a sub .500 team the trap game

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    This is what you call a trap game. After Brooklyn we go up against 7 tough opponents in a row.

With LeVert out this should be easy. Just need a good game.. and not like the one against the Cavs. That one sucked.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    "Pop will make him amazing in his system"
    TBf derozan has not been the problem

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I had friends who were DeRozan stans ask me, "how will you feel if DeRozan goes on to win a championship this year?"

Didn't even need to dignify that with a response.
    "Pop will make him amazing in his system"

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    If DeRozan ever wins a championship, he was at best the 3rd best player on that team

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Brooklyn Bridge Taken Over By Raptors

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    Just realized that the Spurs have the 2nd worst record in the West. Yikes.
    But only 6.5 games back of 1st. That split would be good for 6th in the East. The Parity out West is scary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X