Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11
    replied
    Nurse has to stop gifting FVV minutes at the end of games. He's been atrocious and he still plays a lot of crunch time minute.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Can someone please show FVV film on how to pass the fucking ball on P'n'R's? He rarely passes it and drives into larger defenders at the rim.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Have to call out Nurse on that last Raptor play in regulation to win it. You have Pascal setting the high screen? Wtf? You’d want JV not only for the screen, but also for the potential put back at the rim. Pascal’s screen was so bad. Really ineffective clutch play call there.
    Pascal is really bad at setting screens so that play was definitely a head scratcher

Leave a comment:

• Mitch P
    replied
    The analytics approach allowing only 3 pointers and layups is fine if you have a team that can make 3 pointers and layups. In this game only Kawhi could make 3s and only JV could score at the rim. Seems to me we've lost a couple of times to teams that made a number of midrange twos and floaters. Remember Jrue Holiday for the Pels and tonight it was Russell. Kyle used to make a bunch of those shots and now won't take them. I'm guessing FVV and Delon must have shot them in college. I understand the "science" of the approach but if you don't have the players who can do it I don't think you can be a slave to it.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Three things happened tonight:

1. The team as a whole outside of Kawhi is shooting 3's like shit, as you mentioned
    2. Lowry in particular is in a slump
    3. They got out rebounded badly again. Very badly. Gave up 16 o-boards. Even with all the crap shooting, you even up the rebounding and the Raps still win somewhat comfortably. This team is not going to rebound well unless they're really intentional about it. Have to make it a priority.
    It's funny, in spite the glaring need for boards, and in spite of the fact that JV and Serge combined for 32 points and 16 boards and were at least mitigating that a bit , this is the game Nurse decides to "go small" and put siakam at the 5. Decides to have your second highest scorer of the game (JV), sit the whole 4th quarter, and also sit for the final possession in which you have a full 24 seconds to just get a bucket or free throw to win the game.

I know the point guards played terrible but this loss is on Nurse. I'm ok with experimenting, but choose the right game to go small next time please.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Slumps happen..but the whole team outside of Leonard has been really poor in the last two games from 3.
    Against Philly they went 8 for 29.
    Tonight they went 11 for 35.
    So a combined 19 of 64.....
    But if you peel out Leonard’s two 5 of 6 nights....
    The rest of the raps are shooting 9 for 52....17%.

It’s got to turn around soon....
    Three things happened tonight:

1. The team as a whole outside of Kawhi is shooting 3's like shit, as you mentioned
    2. Lowry in particular is in a slump
    3. They got out rebounded badly again. Very badly. Gave up 16 o-boards. Even with all the crap shooting, you even up the rebounding and the Raps still win somewhat comfortably. This team is not going to rebound well unless they're really intentional about it. Have to make it a priority.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Actually Lowry Im about to hold you to a lower standard. All stars have intermittent bad games not shit streaks. And fvv go to 905 already

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Irrelevant , but fun fact: all the Raptors losses (except the Bucks game) were called by Leo.

The whole Syracuse thing has always been annoying but now I'm noticing more and more the fawning over opposing players. Jokic, Simmons, Marc Gasol etc..Like, I know these guys are all good but he just overdrools about them.. Today he sounded really mad about unsuccessful closeouts by Nets players (leaving their feet on JV fakes). Just weird. I miss Jack, he'll give credit to opposing teams when it's due, but he's so much more objective and insightful on his commentary.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    We need Bradley Beal

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Have to call out Nurse on that last Raptor play in regulation to win it. You have Pascal setting the high screen? Wtf? You’d want JV not only for the screen, but also for the potential put back at the rim. Pascal’s screen was so bad. Really ineffective clutch play call there.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

so fucked.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    We've seen Kyle get cold before. Then he goes a spree. I just hope it's not some underlying nagging injury that's effecting his shot. There could be more to the back injury that kept him out of Cleveland. Hope not, hope its just a slump

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    as I was saying....

On to the next one

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

thank god East is trash

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    This one was like many games in the NBA: Raps came in taking it for granted because it was supposed to be one of the easiest on this tough stretch of quality opponents, so they came in over-relaxed and not focused on the offensive end. Nets were hungrier after a buzzer beater loss, so they came out swinging. That fits the definition of a trap game, and despite everything, Raps lost by 1 in OT and it could have easily gone the other way.

So I'm not worried about the result per se, but more so about the weak rebounding which has become a chronic issue, and now the subpar point-guard play, from which I hope they bounce back soon.

Despite all of it, this is a team opponents generally have an extremely tough time to overcome, and like it's been said, with the last 4 losses averaging a 3.25 point differential (the last two L's by a combined 4 points). Tighten the screws now, don't come in taking it for granted and move on to the next one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X