Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need Bradley Beal

Comment

• Irrelevant , but fun fact: all the Raptors losses (except the Bucks game) were called by Leo.

The whole Syracuse thing has always been annoying but now I'm noticing more and more the fawning over opposing players. Jokic, Simmons, Marc Gasol etc..Like, I know these guys are all good but he just overdrools about them.. Today he sounded really mad about unsuccessful closeouts by Nets players (leaving their feet on JV fakes). Just weird. I miss Jack, he'll give credit to opposing teams when it's due, but he's so much more objective and insightful on his commentary.

Comment

• Actually Lowry Im about to hold you to a lower standard. All stars have intermittent bad games not shit streaks. And fvv go to 905 already

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Slumps happen..but the whole team outside of Leonard has been really poor in the last two games from 3.
          Against Philly they went 8 for 29.
          Tonight they went 11 for 35.
          So a combined 19 of 64.....
          But if you peel out Leonard’s two 5 of 6 nights....
          The rest of the raps are shooting 9 for 52....17%.

It’s got to turn around soon....
          Three things happened tonight:

1. The team as a whole outside of Kawhi is shooting 3's like shit, as you mentioned
          2. Lowry in particular is in a slump
          3. They got out rebounded badly again. Very badly. Gave up 16 o-boards. Even with all the crap shooting, you even up the rebounding and the Raps still win somewhat comfortably. This team is not going to rebound well unless they're really intentional about it. Have to make it a priority.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Three things happened tonight:

1. The team as a whole outside of Kawhi is shooting 3's like shit, as you mentioned
            2. Lowry in particular is in a slump
            3. They got out rebounded badly again. Very badly. Gave up 16 o-boards. Even with all the crap shooting, you even up the rebounding and the Raps still win somewhat comfortably. This team is not going to rebound well unless they're really intentional about it. Have to make it a priority.
            It's funny, in spite the glaring need for boards, and in spite of the fact that JV and Serge combined for 32 points and 16 boards and were at least mitigating that a bit , this is the game Nurse decides to "go small" and put siakam at the 5. Decides to have your second highest scorer of the game (JV), sit the whole 4th quarter, and also sit for the final possession in which you have a full 24 seconds to just get a bucket or free throw to win the game.

I know the point guards played terrible but this loss is on Nurse. I'm ok with experimenting, but choose the right game to go small next time please.

Comment

• The analytics approach allowing only 3 pointers and layups is fine if you have a team that can make 3 pointers and layups. In this game only Kawhi could make 3s and only JV could score at the rim. Seems to me we've lost a couple of times to teams that made a number of midrange twos and floaters. Remember Jrue Holiday for the Pels and tonight it was Russell. Kyle used to make a bunch of those shots and now won't take them. I'm guessing FVV and Delon must have shot them in college. I understand the "science" of the approach but if you don't have the players who can do it I don't think you can be a slave to it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Have to call out Nurse on that last Raptor play in regulation to win it. You have Pascal setting the high screen? Wtf? You’d want JV not only for the screen, but also for the potential put back at the rim. Pascal’s screen was so bad. Really ineffective clutch play call there.
                Pascal is really bad at setting screens so that play was definitely a head scratcher

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Can someone please show FVV film on how to pass the fucking ball on P'n'R's? He rarely passes it and drives into larger defenders at the rim.

Comment

• Nurse has to stop gifting FVV minutes at the end of games. He's been atrocious and he still plays a lot of crunch time minute.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Where are you getting 3/29? They were 6/29?

Not great obvs, but still... 21% not 10%
                      I slept through a few threes lol, I thought that was the stat they said at the end of the game.
                      Point is, if they go a stinky 9 for 29 they win, a putrid 6 for 29 they lose. 3 point shooting was horrible again and lost this game. That and inexplicably sitting JV for the 4th in some sort of Casey-tribute-night salute
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Dec 8, 2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                        The analytics approach allowing only 3 pointers and layups is fine if you have a team that can make 3 pointers and layups. In this game only Kawhi could make 3s and only JV could score at the rim. Seems to me we've lost a couple of times to teams that made a number of midrange twos and floaters. Remember Jrue Holiday for the Pels and tonight it was Russell. Kyle used to make a bunch of those shots and now won't take them. I'm guessing FVV and Delon must have shot them in college. I understand the "science" of the approach but if you don't have the players who can do it I don't think you can be a slave to it.
                        Yup. I've been saying for 6 months, youi can't just wave a magic wand and make a bunch of guys who don't shoot threes for squat, suddenly into great three point shooters just because "that's the way the NBA is going". We don't have the horses for that.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          Yup. I've been saying for 6 months, youi can't just wave a magic wand and make a bunch of guys who don't shoot threes for squat, suddenly into great three point shooters just because "that's the way the NBA is going". We don't have the horses for that.
                          We do have the horses, but 2 of them (Lowry and FVV) decided to slump at the same time, and it’s been contagious with Green catching the bug here and there. That’s just the high variability nature of the 3-ball, in addition to teams just contesting FVV much tighter this year and Nurse not calling a lot of shooter friendly plays as first options, but preferring his guards & Kawhi to create first.

Comment

Which guys would those be? Might want to take a look at who has been missing most of our threes this year.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wait what? You’ve been saying this for months and yet you called out some of my posts criticizing Nurse? I am so confused what side of the defense you want to jump in ... OR sitting on top of it and letting the wind sway you in any direction depending on the outcome of the game is what makes your canoe floats.

You need to stay on track buddy lol.

Comment

• My only concern from last night is that I'd say there's a good chance Lowry's injured, and he's playing through it, and it's hurting the team.

Other than that: a whole lotta meh. A bunch of the OREBs we gave up were brutally missed shots that are basically coin flips to secure, and the chips didn't fall our way. The refs were not good; inconsistent all night, taking away the rhythm of the game, which benefits a bad team like Brooklyn. Our guys played down to the competition, missing open threes and gimmes that would've made the difference. Russell got real hot - kudos to him - and Dinwiddie made some tough buckets; although again - to what degree what this enabled by a potentially hobbled Lowry?
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X