No announcement yet.

Game #27: TOR @ BKN, Friday December 7th 2018, 7:30 PM ET, SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To throw a positive out there: Delon's been showing some nice flashes.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Trap Game.

BKN though are a pesky bunch of guys, during their latest losing streak before the Raps, they had so many heartbreakers that could have went their way.

Last night against the Raps was their night for vindication. Unfortunately at the expense of the best team in the league. Shit happens.

But Lowry is in a slump offensively. FVV just cant fully pick up the slack.

Bucks made a better defensive trade by acquiring George Hill.

Our back up point guard is too small to match up against bigger guards. I hate to say this but the only way for Nurse to not play Van Vleet is when he is no longer around. Masai may have to make a trade approaching after December 15.

And I love Fred, sentiments and loyalties may have to be off the table when the WINDOW TO CONTEND IS NOW

Comment

• DD punks Lebron and the Lakers lol

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          Wait what? You’ve been saying this for months and yet you called out some of my posts criticizing Nurse? I am so confused what side of the defense you want to jump in ... OR sitting on top of it and letting the wind sway you in any direction depending on the outcome of the game is what makes your canoe floats.

You need to stay on track buddy lol.
          I called out you constant-never-changing-20-posts-in-a-row-negative-anti-Nurse posts. And you can't seem to get over it lol.
          You're starting to live for my posts bud

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Our back up point guard is too small to match up against bigger guards. I hate to say this but the only way for Nurse to not play Van Vleet is when he is no longer around. Masai may have to make a trade approaching after December 15.

And I love Fred, sentiments and loyalties may have to be off the table when the WINDOW TO CONTEND IS NOW
            One of the flaws of this (otherwise very strong) roster is that it is, overall, on the small side.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              I called out you constant-never-changing-20-posts-in-a-row-negative-anti-Nurse posts. And you can't seem to get over it lol.
              You're starting to live for my posts bud
              Over exagerration of 20 posts . Those beers clouded your count hehe.

Same to you deaner.

Cheers.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                One of the flaws of this (otherwise very strong) roster is that it is, overall, on the small side.
                It is a match up driven league.

I am concerned that both our Point Guards are midgets.

My conern is Lowry’s body... at some point in the season and a portion of the playoffs, he may breakdown. Can not afford a Fred Van Vleet to take over especially someone who forgot to play a proper text book PnR. I get it that he misses Yak but he has to adjust. He just cant dribble in traffic and hurl a Hail Mary. Some of his struggles is on Nurse too. Fred should play off the ball but yet his coach allows him to play like a headless chicken with no purpose.

Defensively is a huge concern for me especially against long/ big athletic guards and Ive been saying this for sometime now.

This team is still in first place and i totally get it but there some red flags and am sure others can acknowledge them

Comment

My only concern from last night is that I'd say there's a good chance Lowry's injured, and he's playing through it, and it's hurting the team.

Other than that: a whole lotta meh. A bunch of the OREBs we gave up were brutally missed shots that are basically coin flips to secure, and the chips didn't fall our way. The refs were not good; inconsistent all night, taking away the rhythm of the game, which benefits a bad team like Brooklyn. Our guys played down to the competition, missing open threes and gimmes that would've made the difference. Russell got real hot - kudos to him - and Dinwiddie made some tough buckets; although again - to what degree what this enabled by a potentially hobbled Lowry?
                  We grabbed 80% of available defensive boards with JV on the court. Under 60% when he sat. That’s not luck.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, have to watch closer but it seems like teams are somewhat trying to take away Lowry and FVV’s passing lanes and contesting their 3s harder, in order to turn them into drivers and take their chances stopping them at the rim.

Combined with Nurse’s current preference for having his guards initiate the offense by trying to create first, that would be a good strategy against us and our smaller guards.

Comment

• On top of Lowry shooting 1/7 with 3 points, he also had 5 turnovers and 5 PF. Too many of the fouls were silly reach ins and too many turnovers in the paint where he was hesitant to shoot and decided to make a poor pass. He did have 11 assists but tough to win when your starting PG has 3 points and 5 TOs in 35 minutes.

Comment

• We desperately need another shooter on the bench. Someone who can come in and knock down a couple of 3s. Miles is utter trash and can't be relied upon.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          We desperately need another shooter on the bench. Someone who can come in and knock down a couple of 3s. Miles is utter trash and can't be relied upon.
                          TBH, I'm putting half the blame on Nurse. He's prioritizing dribble drive creation from his guards/wings as first options, rather than running a Miles off a couple screens (a la Korver, Redick) to get the defense scrambling as a priority play call. Miles is completely trash after 1 or 2 dribbles - Nurse should know that by now.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Can someone please show FVV film on how to pass the fucking ball on P'n'R's? He rarely passes it and drives into larger defenders at the rim.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                            He's missing the window for the low pass and then doesn't have the height for a high pass. I don't know why he's choosing to drive into traffic, though. It's like he thinks "maybe I can't pass over them, but I know I can shoot over them". And that is wrong, unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              He's missing the window for the low pass and then doesn't have the height for a high pass. I don't know why he's choosing to drive into traffic, though. It's like he thinks "maybe I can't pass over them, but I know I can shoot over them". And that is wrong, unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                              I think it's a conscious effort by opposing teams to turn FVV into a driver by cutting off his passing lanes and contesting his 3's harder. They're challenging him to finish at the rim, which is the weakest part of his game. It's a good strategy we need to adjust to. Conversely on defense, bigger guards like Russell and Dinwiddie are passing over Freddy and he's getting bumped off screens like he's not even there. Seems like a pro-active strategy by opposing teams to start picking on FVV at both ends.

Comment

• Bucks getting Hill is no good. Not only for the defence, he now becomes their 5th rotation player shooting over 36% on 3's at good volume. The only guys really doing that in Toronto now are Kawhi and DG (then Wright and Powell at much lower usage).
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X