replied
    TacoBreath wrote: View Post
    Wall had 1 point in 26 minutes.
    I wish Lowry scored that many

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    TacoBreath wrote: View Post
    And beat them worse than the final score shows. Wall had 1 point in 26 minutes.
    Trade us Beal for a future 3rd round pick ....

Leave a comment:

• TacoBreath
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Even Cleveland beating Washington tonight lol
    And beat them worse than the final score shows. Wall had 1 point in 26 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Even Cleveland beating Washington tonight lol

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Garbo wrote: View Post
    Is this real? I haven't seen anyone else mention it. If so, it's not a great look on Siakam.
    lol, no. Pascal's twitter handle is PSkills43 not PSkills. C'mon, man.... this is the internet.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I missed this one but could it have been for rebounding? That's the only situational sub I ever see him in for.
    the original comment wasn't super clear, but he pulled JV on a defensive possession in favour of van Vleet (fucking lol). Then their 7 footer got an uncontested shot 2 feet from the basket because we had no inside presence.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    No one here can explain it to you.

I'm not sure Nurse could come up with a believable explanation.

The most likely explanation is Nurse made a really bad decision that made no sense, and deserves to be called an idiot for the way things played out.
    I missed this one but could it have been for rebounding? That's the only situational sub I ever see him in for.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    L’
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Three things happened tonight:

1. The team as a whole outside of Kawhi is shooting 3's like shit, as you mentioned
    2. Lowry in particular is in a slump
    3. They got out rebounded badly again. Very badly. Gave up 16 o-boards. Even with all the crap shooting, you even up the rebounding and the Raps still win somewhat comfortably. This team is not going to rebound well unless they're really intentional about it. Have to make it a priority.
    Then they here’s that too...

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Is this real? I haven't seen anyone else mention it. If so, it's not a great look on Siakam.
    Its real. Its a real person with "Siakam" in his username...

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    It's not Pascal, it's some dumb Raps fan.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    pretty sure that's not siakam lol

Leave a comment:

• Garbo
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

so fucked.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    The thing is that we’re watching the game from a high camera angle. At floor level and game speed, I would suspect those passing lanes aren’t there or are very high risk against NBA level athletes with crazy length.
    I've been to two games, and it looks bad in person as well. Not at floor level, but from a good vantage point where spacing is very obvious. Sometimes the window is massive. Like the defender gets clobbered on the screen and FVV literally has 2+ seconds to make the pass (an eternity on the p'n'r) and a big hole that is easily 5+ feet wide (sometimes it looks like 7-8 feet wide, about a third of the space within the 3pt line, possibly even more at times), and he just looks it off.

If you miss the chance to get that pass even just a couple or handful of times in a game, and instead go out of control into traffic for a turnover or bad shot, that can be a swing of several points. It would piss me off less if FVV was just dribbling/passing back out to reset, but he's too frequently forcing the issue in the paint...the worst possible decision he could make.

*It doesn't help that Miles shares a lot of minutes with Fred, so on a bad night both guys are just killing us with their decisions.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't disagree, but he is looking off the passes when they are there as well. Obviously the other team is trying to turn him into a driver, and he is seemingly willingly taking on the challenge.That's on Fred. I don't want to even guess how many times I've seen him run the p'n'r, have the window to make a pass through the D to JV, and doesn't just to continue his drive into what is now a double team after the defenders close the gap. He's the new DeMar of 4 years ago. Heck, sometimes he is even not making the high pass when it's there...and by high pass I mean just throwing it over the D, even if you can't make a clean pass because they have left JV alone on an island rolling to the rim, so as long as you pass or even shoot over the D, there's like a 90% chance JV will get it and score. FVV is short but if he can get an out of control layup to the backboard, he can make that play.

As for the defensive issues, to me this comes down to a similar problem we had under Casey with FVV. Him and Nurse both seem to think FVV can make up for his lack of size with scrappiness and savvy. That he can fit on a small "switch everything" unit. He doesn't. He is small, and can't switch. Realistically he should be a guy you try to hide, but it's hard to do that since he's so small. If the other team has a PG with size, it's hard to find a good matchup for him.
    The thing is that we’re watching the game from a high camera angle. At floor level and game speed, I would suspect those passing lanes aren’t there or are very high risk against NBA level athletes with crazy length.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X