• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Five years ago.

Mandatory watching for anyone who doesn't remember where we were. Courtesy of E Koreen's piece at the Athletic

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Are we sure the Nets coach is good? Hes overrated... at some point I want a team to be decent. Nets lead the league in blown 4th Q leads.
    Tbh, that could point more to lack of talent than coaching. They're competitive in games they have no business being in, in the first place and then the more talented team turns it on in the 4th quarter. Used to happen to the Bosh Raptor squads a lot, as well as getting blown out.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Are we sure the Nets coach is good? Hes overrated... at some point I want a team to be decent. Nets lead the league in blown 4th Q leads.
    Nets don't have a good roster. Coach can't be fairly evaluated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Five years ago.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    What about the brookyln nets roster makes you think they should be anything other than horrible? Shawn Marks is doing an admirable job of finding guys who can play NBA basketball from different resources, but they're STILL recovering from the devastating Boston trades. They finally start getting their picks back this season

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Every time I feel this way I say to myself "1 year in heaven is better than no years in heaven."

The Best Raptors Team Ever may only last 1 season. I'm watching AND ENJOYING every damn game dammit.
    I missed the Cavs game and watched on replay.. and I'm like the only reason I'm doing this is because we have Kawhi 'fricken' Leonard. He's amazing to watch.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Whenever I feel this way(and I do), I remind myself how bad I wanted basketball in August
    Every time I feel this way I say to myself "1 year in heaven is better than no years in heaven."

The Best Raptors Team Ever may only last 1 season. I'm watching AND ENJOYING every damn game dammit.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Whenever I look to take kids to a basketball game, you seek out the Brooklyn and Phoenix type games because A/ they're cheaper and B/ the kids just want to see a win by their heroes and couldn't care less who the opposition is lol

You go for guaranteed win night plus they don't have to listen to you curse all night
    Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Dec 7, 2018, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Lol, exactly. Hard to even muster an 'F* Brooklyn', because the Nets pretty much effed themselves. Not feeling sorry for them either, just a whole lot of meh. Get the W and hope nobody gets injured.
    Whenever I feel this way(and I do), I remind myself how bad I wanted basketball in August

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Duncan was damn dominate. You could build a team because he did everything right.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Dominate in what way though? I get what you're saying but this is mostly about general perception aka ESPN highlights, no? Duncan didn't give you 360 dunks or 60 point games, so if that's the dominance/recognition we're looking for, then no. But he did completely dominate the league in that he's arguably the best PF of all time and such a flat out winning basketball player that he is your cornerstone player for the most extended run of success not only in NBA history, but in the top tier of team sports period. I mean I think I'd call that dominance.

The difference with the Duncan Spurs, Kawhi Spurs, and current Spurs is the previous iterations always had championship potential. The current version definitely does not.

I agree this is likely just a short-term attempt at keeping the team as competitive as possible until Pop retires. Coaching a team that can't defend is likely to make him retire sooner rather than later tho.
    Duncan was dominant defensively.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Just need the energy and its a W

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Mitch P wrote: View Post
    Duncan was as steady a player as you could want but seldom dominated a game. Great for sure but an understated greatness. Parker was never seen as one of the very best point guards in the league and Ginobli was a great sixth man. The Spurs frequently beat teams with one or more superstars...and in the NBA superstars are allegedly what you need to win championships. So the belief grew that it was the Popovich system and not the players. It was both. With Kawhi healthy and wanting to play there the current cast would have been a playoff team. As it is they aren't far off.
    Dominate in what way though? I get what you're saying but this is mostly about general perception aka ESPN highlights, no? Duncan didn't give you 360 dunks or 60 point games, so if that's the dominance/recognition we're looking for, then no. But he did completely dominate the league in that he's arguably the best PF of all time and such a flat out winning basketball player that he is your cornerstone player for the most extended run of success not only in NBA history, but in the top tier of team sports period. I mean I think I'd call that dominance.

The difference with the Duncan Spurs, Kawhi Spurs, and current Spurs is the previous iterations always had championship potential. The current version definitely does not.

I agree this is likely just a short-term attempt at keeping the team as competitive as possible until Pop retires. Coaching a team that can't defend is likely to make him retire sooner rather than later tho.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    game day
    Game Day
    GAME DAY!

Oh....it's Brooklyn....

Still, GAME DAY!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X