Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #28: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors, December 9 - 6PM EST TSN/590

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, you're coming around to my point. ...
    But you don't have a point. You have a pet peeve about the bench. A complaint isn't the same as a point.

    IT DOESN'T MATTER where the scoring comes from as long as you get enough scoring to win. You seem to think the scoring has to come from the bench in particular. That's wrong, it doesn't.

    ... then it will quickly become obvious that yes, in fact, an NBA team can lose 14 points of production from one player and still win an awful lot of games. ...
    Silly nonsense. Just give up 14 pts from a starter who plays 30 min and you'll fall to where the Knicks are.

    ... Except of course that his slump won't last long enough to really prove anything.
    All fingers crossed that he's now out of it.

    But it already proved something to anybody who was paying attention. It proved the team could go 2 - 3 at the beginning of Dec, including a loss to the Nets, when Lowry's scoring went to heck.

    Then, on a sample size of 1, the Raps won comfortably when Lowry's scoring rebounded. As 'twere.

    But okay, you want to fuss with the bench. What would you hope to do about it?

    1) Trade a Raps unwanted player for some other team's unwanted player? Looks tough to gain much there.

    2) Trade a Raps unwanted bench player for another team's starter, and add him to the Raps bench? How?

    3) Something else you've thought of?

    Comment


    • TacoBreath wrote: View Post
      But you don't have a point. You have a pet peeve about the bench. A complaint isn't the same as a point.

      IT DOESN'T MATTER where the scoring comes from as long as you get enough scoring to win. You seem to think the scoring has to come from the bench in particular. That's wrong, it doesn't.



      Silly nonsense. Just give up 14 pts from a starter who plays 30 min and you'll fall to where the Knicks are.



      All fingers crossed that he's now out of it.

      But it already proved something to anybody who was paying attention. It proved the team could go 2 - 3 at the beginning of Dec, including a loss to the Nets, when Lowry's scoring went to heck.

      Then, on a sample size of 1, the Raps won comfortably when Lowry's scoring rebounded. As 'twere.

      But okay, you want to fuss with the bench. What would you hope to do about it?

      1) Trade a Raps unwanted player for some other team's unwanted player? Looks tough to gain much there.

      2) Trade a Raps unwanted bench player for another team's starter, and add him to the Raps bench? How?

      3) Something else you've thought of?
      Uh, have you seen any of my posts for the past... I dunno, 3 months? Where would you get the idea I'm proposing a trade?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • When someone says to DanH "well what have you thought of for solutions? Havent heard any bright ideas"

        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • TacoBreath wrote: View Post
          But you don't have a point. You have a pet peeve about the bench. A complaint isn't the same as a point.

          IT DOESN'T MATTER where the scoring comes from as long as you get enough scoring to win. You seem to think the scoring has to come from the bench in particular. That's wrong, it doesn't.



          Silly nonsense. Just give up 14 pts from a starter who plays 30 min and you'll fall to where the Knicks are.



          All fingers crossed that he's now out of it.

          But it already proved something to anybody who was paying attention. It proved the team could go 2 - 3 at the beginning of Dec, including a loss to the Nets, when Lowry's scoring went to heck.

          Then, on a sample size of 1, the Raps won comfortably when Lowry's scoring rebounded. As 'twere.

          But okay, you want to fuss with the bench. What would you hope to do about it?

          1) Trade a Raps unwanted player for some other team's unwanted player? Looks tough to gain much there.

          2) Trade a Raps unwanted bench player for another team's starter, and add him to the Raps bench? How?

          3) Something else you've thought of?
          It does feel like you've been reading a lot of the content here Taco so I understand Dan's confusion about your misunderstanding of his intent. He's been advocating pretty clearly for a while now for a different, more balanced use of the roster, not for any kind of trade.

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Uh, have you seen any of my posts for the past... I dunno, 3 months? Where would you get the idea I'm proposing a trade?
            I don't spend a lot of time in this forum, and I don't try to keep track of you or anybody else. If you have something to say, it's up to you to state it.

            I posted to talk about Lowry's points decline, and the consequences. It struck me as unrealistic for anybody to shrug that off.

            Also, you'll notice I didn't restrict it to trades. "Something else you've thought of."

            Apparently, from what GOLDBLUM posted, you have "coaching" ideas, rather than "front office" ideas. Is that correct?

            Comment


            • TacoBreath wrote: View Post
              I don't spend a lot of time in this forum, and I don't try to keep track of you or anybody else. If you have something to say, it's up to you to state it.

              I posted to talk about Lowry's points decline, and the consequences. It struck me as unrealistic for anybody to shrug that off.

              Also, you'll notice I didn't restrict it to trades. "Something else you've thought of."

              Apparently, from what GOLDBLUM posted, you have "coaching" ideas, rather than "front office" ideas. Is that correct?
              Yeah.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment

              Working...
              X