Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #30: Raptors (22-7) @ Warriors (19-9); Wednesday, Dec 12th at 10:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game #30: Raptors (22-7) @ Warriors (19-9); Wednesday, Dec 12th at 10:30pm on TSN

    vs.

    Projected Starters
    Toronto Warriors
    PG - Kyle Lowry PG - Stephen Curry
    SG - Danny Green SG - Klay Thompson
    SF - Kawhi Leonard SF - Kevin Durant
    PF - Pascal Siakam PF - Draymond Green
    C - Serge Ibaka C - Kevon Looney

    Last Meeting
    NOVEMBER 29, 2018 TORONTO 131, GOLDEN STATE 128 (OT)
    TORONTO -- Kawhi Leonard scored a season-high 37 points, Pascal Siakam added a career-high 26 and the Raptors overcame a 51-point performance from Kevin Durant to beat the Warriors 131-128 in overtime, extending their winning streak to seven K Kyle Lowry had 10 points and 12 assists, Serge Ibaka scored 20 points and Danny Green had 13 as the Raptors snapped an eight-game losing streak against Golden State.


    Bits and Pieces
    • Toronto is currently 3-0 when playing in the state of California and have an opportunity to sweep all four road games against California-based teams for the first time in franchise history.

    • The last time the Raptors won at Oracle Arena was Feb. 8, 2004.

    • Toronto's previous win over the Warriors marked the seventh time the Raptors have defeated a reining NBA Champion - Feb. 8, 2015 vs. San Antonio; Jan. 24, 2010 vs. L.A. Lakers; Mar. 28, 2007 vs. Miami; Dec. 5, 1999 vs. San Antonio; Mar. 28, 1999 vs. Chicago; and Dec. 8, 1997 vs. Chicago. Toronto has never defeated a reining NBA Champion on the road.

    • Toronto enters Wednesday’s game with an NBA-best 22-7 (.758) record. A win tonight would match the team’s best start through the first 30 games.

    • The Raptors have completed five back-to-backs through the first eight weeks of the 2018-19 campaign. The team is currently 4-2 record on the first night and a perfect 5-0 on the second night.

    • Kyle Lowry’s next double-double will be his 100th in a Raptors uniform. Lowry is fourth on the team’s all-time double-doubles list behind only Chris Bosh (239), Jonas Valanciunas (137) and Antonio Davis (110).

    • Jonas Valanciunas needs one block to tie Amir Johnson (480) for second on the Raptors’ all-time blocks list.

    • With the win over the Clippers, Toronto has won 18 straight games when holding opponents to less than 100 points, the second-longest streak in team history.



    GO RAPS!!

  • #2
    Joey gonna start a new LONG streak!

    Comment


    • #3
      Curry, Durant and Klay all played 35+ mins last night, while most of our starters rested.

      The stars are aligning!

      Comment


      • #4
        Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Curry, Durant and Klay all played 35+ mins last night, while most of our starters rested.

        The stars are aligning!
        Kawhi play tho?
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Curry, Durant and Klay all played 35+ mins last night, while most of our starters rested.

          The stars are aligning!
          Was on Monday night they played, not last night unfortunately. I'm guessing this thread is going to be 4 pages of speculation on Kawhi playing or not so I'll see you guys around 10:15 tonight.

          Comment


          • #6
            Beneperez wrote: View Post
            Was on Monday night they played, not last night unfortunately. I'm guessing this thread is going to be 4 pages of speculation on Kawhi playing or not so I'll see you guys around 10:15 tonight.
            Damn, you're right. My bad. Never mind this old man's feeble brain.

            Comment


            • #7
              Joey wrote: View Post

              GO RAPS!!
              .
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • #8
                Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Curry, Durant and Klay all played 35+ mins last night, while most of our starters rested.

                The stars are aligning!
                What are you, a time traveller? They played on Monday.

                Nilanka showing up on game day like:

                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good news is the players probably left LA right after the game

                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    GS wants to make a statement with Curry back in the lineup. Raps do too.
                    I have a corporate Christmas event tonight so the late game start is good for once

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As always, against the Warriors:

                      - you can't stop him but try to neutralize Curry by getting scoring from your PGs
                      - don't let them play at "Curry-pace"
                      - need your superstar to win the match-up with Durant
                      - get into the paint, attack the rim, punish them for playing small
                      - hope they miss the bad threes they take

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        S.R. wrote: View Post
                        What are you, a time traveller? They played on Monday.

                        Nilanka showing up on game day like:

                        These 10:30pm tip offs are messing with my circadian rhythm!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          GS wants to make a statement with Curry back in the lineup. Raps do too.
                          I have a corporate Christmas event tonight so the late game start is good for once
                          Stay away from the cold bacon wrapped scallops. and the rubber chicken skewers. My stomach is already in need of repair and its only the 12th.
                          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            slaw wrote: View Post
                            As always, against the Warriors:

                            - you can't stop him but try to neutralize Curry by getting scoring from your PGs
                            - don't let them play at "Curry-pace"
                            - need your superstar to win the match-up with Durant
                            - get into the paint, attack the rim, punish them for playing small
                            - hope they miss the bad threes they take
                            Curry will get his so neutralize Durant to the best of your ability.
                            Or is it Durant will get his so neutralize Curry to the best of your ability?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              slaw wrote: View Post
                              As always, against the Warriors:

                              - you can't stop him but try to neutralize Curry by getting scoring from your PGs
                              - don't let them play at "Curry-pace"
                              - need your superstar to win the match-up with Durant
                              - get into the paint, attack the rim, punish them for playing small
                              - hope they miss the bad threes they take
                              Speaking of Curry-pace, it's interesting how we played at a high pace against the Clippers last night and it seemed to really spark the offense. Maybe the best it's looked all season.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X