X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    How is this guy 27 already? What did I miss?
    Birthdays, family vacations, graduations,....

Shame on you, SR. You’re a terrible dad.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

After reviewing the film with Nurse and again later with Patrick McCaw, Boucher concurred.
    Patrick "teachers pet" McCaw promoted to video assistant

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Just a little note that specifically refers to Chris, but is applicable to all the players. What a blessing it is to have access to endless video of any players performance. Here's the quote from Blake Murphy's article in today's Athletic.

” I would say quite simply the answer is his mental approach, right?” Nurse said. “Whatever the reason was he wasn’t quite engaged here lately, or was trying to ease into games or whatever it was, wasn’t working.”

After reviewing the film with Nurse and again later with Patrick McCaw, Boucher concurred.

“He just told me, ‘Play with more energy.’ You know, obviously I’ve had a great season, and that’s what I’ve been doing the whole time. The last few games, I was kind of slow and missing a step. I was feeling it,” he said. “I mean, obviously, sometimes it’s hard to just be in that position, but I was able to see it like, you know, getting beat off plays that I never get beat for, just not being at the spot where I’m supposed to be. I think that really showed me, really helped me out with that.”

When a coach or assistant or personal development staff member can just show a player what they are doing that hurts their game, there's no denying it. And it gives you some very specific things to work on and a belief that you need the work. I've been playing ball for longer than most of you guys have been alive, at a pretty low level, rec league and now pickup and puffer league, but I continue to improve my game, as my body slows down. But I still make a lot of the same old mistakes. After a game is over I can't go back and see how a particular player beat me or check out some opportunities that I missed or passes I should have made. I mean it's just a game and I don't stay awake nights worrying about it, but I sure envy the resources these guys have and the opportunity they have to improve.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    How is this guy 27 already? What did I miss?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I think when Boucher plays like he did on Sunday, or even just pretty well, the crowd should chant MVP. That would be cool, and probably confusing to opposing fans.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    If Bennett had Boucher's heart, he wouldn't have been such a bust

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Another double-double for Chris tonight. Love watching this guy.

(Someone 'round here's been constantly referring to this guy as a marshmallow?)

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

A fan you are my friend if you are talking up an MIP consideration for CBoucher

I am happy that at this point in time he can contribute bona fide rotation minutes for a playoff team.
    Big step up in class for him from last year and even as the season began when he was a garbage time player.
    I had him as my winner of the Big Splash Award as the guy who makes the biggest impact out of the herd that comprised the raps bench guys.

Nurse sees something in him...if Chris can consistently give some rim protection, space the floor and make some 3s and help with rebounding he will get himself another contract and be a real help to the Raps.
    I DID say, "If he keeps up his much improved play." His totals for 46 minutes of play over two games are 37 PTS (including 4-7 threes), 7 RB, 8 BLK, 3STL to 3TO. That is a pretty big step up from essentially nothing. And against two of the better teams in the west while playing with the team missing 3 good players who have a little gravity about themselves. Let me keep my dream for a little while. I understand about small sample sizes.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    What happens if Chris keeps up his much improved play. MIP candidate?
    A fan you are my friend if you are talking up an MIP consideration for CBoucher

I am happy that at this point in time he can contribute bona fide rotation minutes for a playoff team.
    Big step up in class for him from last year and even as the season began when he was a garbage time player.
    I had him as my winner of the Big Splash Award as the guy who makes the biggest impact out of the herd that comprised the raps bench guys.

Nurse sees something in him...if Chris can consistently give some rim protection, space the floor and make some 3s and help with rebounding he will get himself another contract and be a real help to the Raps.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    What happens if Chris keeps up his much improved play. MIP candidate?

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Gotta admit i was saying just a week ago that i wasn't sure Chris was ready for NBA minutes. He defiantly proved me wrong this weekend. I liked when he pascal and RHJ all shared the court. He and pascal could both come from the weakside to block drives to the rim. He just has to clean up the fouls, he can fall in love with searching for those blocks and leaves his feet when he doesn't have to
    This team will absolutely have a bench mob (if they want it) once everybody's back. High energy and lock down defence, points off turnovers.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Gotta admit i was saying just a week ago that i wasn't sure Chris was ready for NBA minutes. He defiantly proved me wrong this weekend. I liked when he pascal and RHJ all shared the court. He and pascal could both come from the weakside to block drives to the rim. He just has to clean up the fouls, he can fall in love with searching for those blocks and leaves his feet when he doesn't have to

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    With JV out for at least four weeks, the schedule getting a little easier, and after tearing it up in the G League, Chris has an opportunity to get "better than garbage time" minutes with the big club.

As they say, you can't teach length. And he has a nose for the ball. I wouldn't have thought Pascal would fare as well as he has, given his light frame. Boucher is lighter then Pascal, but he is fast up and down the floor, has a good sense of timing when it comes to rebounds and blocks, and has an NBA three point shot.

If he doesn't get snapped in half, he is going to just soak the experience up like a sponge. This could be the start of "The Spice Brothers."

Started this thread 11 months ago and it took longer than I thought for Chris to start having an impact, but I suspect this past weekend could mark the REAL beginning of his career. He looks to be a genuine part of "Bench Mob 2.0." Happy for him and the other guys.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

This is your destiny. BOOOOOUCH

That's some high quality h2o

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

I finally figured out who Bouchers shot reminds me of

Leave a comment:

Working...