Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #31: Raptors (23-7) @ Trailblazers (15-13); Friday, Dec. 14th at 10pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #31: Raptors (23-7) @ Trailblazers (15-13); Friday, Dec. 14th at 10pm on SN1

vs.

Projected Starters
    Toronto Portland
    PG - Kyle Lowry PG - Dame Lillard
    SG - Danny Green SG - CJ McCollum
    SF - Kawhi Leonard SF - Moe Harkless
    PF - Pascal Siakam PF - Al-Farouq Aminu
    C - Serge Ibaka C - Jusuf Nurkic

Last Meeting
    FEBRUARY 2, 2018 - TORONTO 130, PORTLAND 105
    TORONTO — DeMar DeRozan scored 35 points and matched his career high with six three-pointers as the Toronto Raptors beat Portland 130-105 for their sixth straight victory over the Trail Blazers. DeRozan scored 26 points in the first half and was 6 of 10 from three-point range. The Raptors made a season-high 19 three-pointers. Jonas Valanciunas added 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Toronto ... Fred VanVleet had 16 points off the bench and Kyle Lowry chipped in with 15.

Bits and Pieces
    • Toronto has won six straight games against Portland over the last three seasons. Prior to this streak the Raptors had not won consecutive games over the Trail Blazers since the 1996-97 season.

• Toronto enters Friday’s game with an NBA-best 23-7 (.767) record. The Raptors 23 victories matches the best start in franchise history through 30 games, originally set during the 2014-15 campaign.

• Toronto's win over the Warriors marked the first time the Raptors have swept the season-series against a defending NBA champion and the first sweep against the Warriors since 2001-02. The win also marked the first time Toronto defeated a reining NBA champion on the road and snapped a 13-game losing streak at Oracle Arena.

• Toronto improved to 6–0 on the second night of back-to-backs with a 113-93 victory Dec. 12 at Golden State. The Raptors have won their last eight games on the second night of back-to-backs dating back to last season, which is the longest active streak in the NBA.

• Kyle Lowry scored a game-high 23 points and 12 assists Dec. 12 at Golden State. He became the fourth player in franchise history to record 100 double-doubles in a Raptors uniform, joining Chris Bosh (239), Jonas Valanciunas (137) and Antonio Davis.

GO RAPS!!

Not to take Portland lightly but even if raps play regress they should still get the W.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Do you happen to know why ?

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
          Do you happen to know why ?
          Ohhh never mind just had to click the link haha

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
            Ohhh never mind just had to click the link haha
            I still don't really get it. You can come off the bench and still be part of the regular rotation. Boylen isn't even giving him that? Damn.

Comment

Joey for the past 2 games:

OG is our king

Comment

Wonder if Masai will call Chicago about Parker... hopefully we can get rid of one of Miles or Powells contracts....

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                  Wonder if Masai will call Chicago about Parker... hopefully we can get rid of one of Miles or Powells contracts....
                  At this point Jabari is worse than either of these guys. I know he has a team option for next season but we shouldn't be downgrading this year.

Comment

Living in the west I've seen a lot of Portland games this year. They have been remarkably inconsistent. The Raptors have played them very well for the past few years and I expect a W. I will after last night ALWAYS expect a W!

I have just reached my first year anniversary with posting on RR. It's been a lot of fun and makes being a Raptor fan in the middle of hockey country less lonely. I've learned a few key things along the way.

1. Once a game thread is posted there isn't much point in posting anywhere else: this is where everything happens.

2. Zainab is the only girl. Avoid misogynistic humour when she is on the board.

3. There are some very, very funny people here. Keonclark, Goldblum and others frequently make me laugh out loud.

4. There are some very, very angry people here. But I'm glad they are because if they didn't hate Derozan, Kyle, CJ (etc,etc) so
                    much they might be out shooting up a school.

5. It's all too easy to fritter away hours reading commentary about the role of JV, Delon vs FVV and now "are we better without
                    Kawhi". But this is a pleasant addiction.

So thanks everyone who contributes. RR greatly adds to my enjoyment of the Raptors.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                      Living in the west I've seen a lot of Portland games this year. They have been remarkably inconsistent. The Raptors have played them very well for the past few years and I expect a W. I will after last night ALWAYS expect a W!

I have just reached my first year anniversary with posting on RR. It's been a lot of fun and makes being a Raptor fan in the middle of hockey country less lonely. I've learned a few key things along the way.

1. Once a game thread is posted there isn't much point in posting anywhere else: this is where everything happens.

3. There are some very, very funny people here. Keonclark, Goldblum and others frequently make me laugh out loud.

4. There are some very, very angry people here. But I'm glad they are because if they didn't hate Derozan, Kyle, CJ (etc,etc) so

5. It's all too easy to fritter away hours reading commentary about the role of JV, Delon vs FVV and now "are we better without

So thanks everyone who contributes. RR greatly adds to my enjoyment of the Raptors.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post

First, congratulations but I apologize for derailing your one year anniversay post. No.4 is actually VERY inappropriate. Critizing a player in a public forum about his flaws so to avoid tendencies in hurting another human being let alone individuals that inhabits the place of education is SO polars away.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          I still don't really get it. You can come off the bench and still be part of the regular rotation. Boylen isn't even giving him that? Damn.
                          Cause Parker barely tries on defence. Boylen is showing the young guys what happens if you think you only get paid for offence.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Cause Parker barely tries on defence. Boylen is showing the young guys what happens if you think you only get paid for offence.
                            Thankful we have Masai. The bulls are a mess. They sign wade and rondo and wonder why they have no spacing. Then they try Jabari and LaVine and wonder why the d sucks. GarPax has to go.

Whereas our front office traded for Kawhi Leonard. Life is good.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              Jangles wrote: View Post
                              At this point Jabari is worse than either of these guys. I know he has a team option for next season but we shouldn't be downgrading this year.
                              Yeah Parker is 439th of 451 players in RPM.

You know how we always say Kyle is just a winning player? Parker is a losing player.

And I don't want his crappy loser attitude anywhere near the good thing we've got going.

Comment

Working...
                              X