X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.
    And Tristan Thompson?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Lowe has his all-star wishlist out:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-reserve-picks

For Toronto he has Kawhi (starter) and Lowry (reserve). Siakam misses his cut (but was in his final 5).

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    At this point, i'd put siakim ahead of lowry. Pascal has been consistently getting better and his impact on this team cannot be denied. Although i'd have early season lowry ahead of him, but lowry has dropped off alot in the past month or so, and of course has missed some time during that stretch. I have a hard time putting bledsoe ahead of lowry though, looks like the voters there are trying to reward the bucks with 2 reps at the game.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Didn't read the article but Beal shouldn't make it.. the Wiz suck so bad and they don't deserve to have someone from their team play. Interesting that they picked Bledsoe over Middleton. Haven't been paying much attention but has Middleton's play dropped that much?

Butler seems to have gotten a snub which was also interesting. And it feels like Wade will start. Fans only get 50% of the vote but I could see the players giving him another shot too. He'll get the Kobe treatment.
    I mean, he did win 3 titles, 1 as the best player. That's no small feat. Top 5 all time at his position and was once arguably the best player in the world, or at least "best after lbj"..after wade and Dirk, the next all timer to retire will likely be lebron.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    If you dont mind I'm busy grasping at straws
    Lowry was definitely motivated in the Celtics game. If he's not hurt, can you explain to us what happened.... O Lowry Whisperer? Especially down the stretch. He played with great energy that game.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The Ringer has Kawhi and Siakam, but no Lowry.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...all-star-teams
    Didn't read the article but Beal shouldn't make it.. the Wiz suck so bad and they don't deserve to have someone from their team play. Interesting that they picked Bledsoe over Middleton. Haven't been paying much attention but has Middleton's play dropped that much?

Butler seems to have gotten a snub which was also interesting. And it feels like Wade will start. Fans only get 50% of the vote but I could see the players giving him another shot too. He'll get the Kobe treatment.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Guys, he's aging point guard with a bad back. It's not a motivation issue.
    If you dont mind I'm busy grasping at straws

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Guys, he's aging point guard with a bad back. It's not a motivation issue.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    I miss beginning of this season Lowry.

Hopefully if he's absent from the all star game ... we see a return to a not so distant form.
    Early season Lowry had a chip on his shoulder. Than he got accolades, wins, and most importantly, injuries. An all star rest and an all star "snub" to put the chip firmly back on the shoulder could be what the doctor ordered

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Yeah my prediction that Lowry is not going to be an All-Star seems to be coming true. I miss 2016 Lowry.
    I miss beginning of this season Lowry.

Hopefully if he's absent from the all star game ... we see a return to a not so distant form.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Yeah my prediction that Lowry is not going to be an All-Star seems to be coming true. I miss 2016 Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    It took the Raptors twitter acct this long to promote Siakam as an all star. Smfh.
    Tough to control salary negotiations if management openly admits he's all star caliber.

Edit:

Not that I care what his next paycheck looks like.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    The Ringer has Kawhi and Siakam, but no Lowry.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...all-star-teams

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    It may be a moot point...

It looks like Irving and Wade (on the sentimental victory lap vote) are going for sure. Sitting in front of Kyle at this point are the well merited Kemba Walker and Vic Olidipo..... the hype vote goes to Ben Simmons... he of the no jump shot and disappearing presence in bigger games against good teams.

Unless there is a massive fan response ... hard to see Kyle who has missed significant time and is helping the Raps win without big offensive point numbers getting an invite to the mid season party this year.

The very considerable silver lining is that he gets 10 days to rehab the minor nicks and bruises and rest his back. As is his wont... he will also be pissed at the slight that he didn't go and take it out on the league. Its not all bad.
    i wish their was an option for a player who make the game who doesn't want to participate that they can choose their own replacement. that way if kyle makes the game and then step aside for rest and give his spot to pascal.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    It took the Raptors twitter acct this long to promote Siakam as an all star. Smfh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X