No announcement yet.

Everything ALL STARS 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, he's aging point guard with a bad back. It's not a motivation issue.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Guys, he's aging point guard with a bad back. It's not a motivation issue.
      If you dont mind I'm busy grasping at straws
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The Ringer has Kawhi and Siakam, but no Lowry.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...all-star-teams
        Didn't read the article but Beal shouldn't make it.. the Wiz suck so bad and they don't deserve to have someone from their team play. Interesting that they picked Bledsoe over Middleton. Haven't been paying much attention but has Middleton's play dropped that much?

Butler seems to have gotten a snub which was also interesting. And it feels like Wade will start. Fans only get 50% of the vote but I could see the players giving him another shot too. He'll get the Kobe treatment.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          If you dont mind I'm busy grasping at straws
          Lowry was definitely motivated in the Celtics game. If he's not hurt, can you explain to us what happened.... O Lowry Whisperer? Especially down the stretch. He played with great energy that game.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Didn't read the article but Beal shouldn't make it.. the Wiz suck so bad and they don't deserve to have someone from their team play. Interesting that they picked Bledsoe over Middleton. Haven't been paying much attention but has Middleton's play dropped that much?

Butler seems to have gotten a snub which was also interesting. And it feels like Wade will start. Fans only get 50% of the vote but I could see the players giving him another shot too. He'll get the Kobe treatment.
            I mean, he did win 3 titles, 1 as the best player. That's no small feat. Top 5 all time at his position and was once arguably the best player in the world, or at least "best after lbj"..after wade and Dirk, the next all timer to retire will likely be lebron.

Comment

At this point, i'd put siakim ahead of lowry. Pascal has been consistently getting better and his impact on this team cannot be denied. Although i'd have early season lowry ahead of him, but lowry has dropped off alot in the past month or so, and of course has missed some time during that stretch. I have a hard time putting bledsoe ahead of lowry though, looks like the voters there are trying to reward the bucks with 2 reps at the game.

Comment

Lowe has his all-star wishlist out:
                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-reserve-picks

For Toronto he has Kawhi (starter) and Lowry (reserve). Siakam misses his cut (but was in his final 5).

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.
                  And Tristan Thompson?

Comment

For Toronto he has Kawhi (starter) and Lowry (reserve). Siakam misses his cut (but was in his final 5).
                    Lowes always LOVED Lowry.

Whole quote is good, but the bold is...interesting

Lowry has had the strangest season of any candidate. He came out on fire, and then scored in single digits in four consecutive games before missing almost a month with back issues. He has been weirdly passive since, and really all season with Leonard on the floor. His 3-pointer has deserted him. He is averaging just 14 points per game.

Lowry is going out of his way to defer to Leonard, to the point that you wonder if he is following some organizational fiat or throwing a mini-tantrum -- or both.
                    But he's second overall in assists, and has resolved to propel his teammates -- particularly Ibaka, thriving as a center thanks to Lowry's pinpoint pocket passes.

When Leonard rests, Lowry becomes Lowry again. He is averaging 19.5 points and 15 shots per 36 minutes with Leonard on the bench, compared to 11.6 and 9.9, respectively, when they share the floor, per NBA.com. The Raptors have obliterated opponents by 16 points per 100 possessions in solo-Lowry minutes.

Lowry pops up near the top of most advanced stats leaderboards. Those numbers capture Lowry's peculiar floating value. He's a pest on defense, taking charges, switching at the right moment, and getting his hands on the ball.

He is constantly moving in productive ways on offense. Teams fear his shooting, and follow him everywhere -- uncluttering the lane. He cuts at the right time, and has a knack for finding offensive rebounds. He makes the proper pass, instantly. Some come three or four steps before a shot. Those passes -- the ones that set off a cascade of ball movement -- can be more important than assists or hockey assists.

Lowry does good things every second he's on the floor, even when you're not looking. That's rare. No one else in this group can match his two-way value.

Comment

This is so on point:
                      Lowry is going out of his way to defer to Leonard, to the point that you wonder if he is following some organizational fiat or throwing a mini-tantrum.
                      I was just thinking this ... Lowry isn't the same Lowry this year.

Comment

Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                        And Tristan Thompson?
                        Good Ontaria boy

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          This is so on point:

I was just thinking this ... Lowry isn't the same Lowry this year.
                          Ok, so the main problems are:

1) Lowry can't play with Kawhi
                          2) FVV needs to play with the starters

Solution: Move FVV into the starting lineup and let Lowry lead the bench mob. Voila!

Comment

Yeah I think Lowry had his feelings hurt when DeMar got traded and Masai went on his rant and was saying things like "I gave them chances". Lowry was part of "them".

We can play psychologists here and assume Lowry is doing this because he was butt hurt. Or that he just doesn't know how to play with Kawhi and is deferring every chance he gets. Or it could be as simple as Lowry wanting to have the most assists in the league and he set a goal to achieve that mark.

That was pre-injury. Post-injury he looks out of shape and his shot is completely broken. I mean he's shooting under 32% right now for the season from 3. That's pretty bad.

Comment

Yeah I think Lowry had his feelings hurt when DeMar got traded and Masai went on his rant and was saying things like "I gave them chances". Lowry was part of "them".

We can play psychologists here and assume Lowry is doing this because he was butt hurt. Or that he just doesn't know how to play with Kawhi and is deferring every chance he gets. Or it could be as simple as Lowry wanting to have the most assists in the league and he set a goal to achieve that mark.

That was pre-injury. Post-injury he looks out of shape and his shot is completely broken. I mean he's shooting under 32% right now for the season from 3. That's pretty bad.
                              The chemistry issue really isn't Lowry, it's Kawhi. Nurse's system looks like a world-beater when Lowry's running it, because it's all about quick reads and improvised decision-making. That showcases Lowry's high IQ and playmaking abilities. Kawhi is great at just about everything else, except playmaking. Durant was right to some extent that he's a "system player". He never had to do what he's being asked to do now, in Pop's system. And since Kawhi is our highest usage guy, his teammates have to read and react off of him and they don't really know what to do either. Derozan was really similar and it took the last 2 seasons for him to develop that playmaking ability. Nurse's system really doesn't fit Kawhi - he's succeeding on pure talent and brute strength.
                              Last edited by golden; Tue Jan 22, 2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

NBA fines Doncic for booting ball into stands, Check on dates and Schedule for all stars games https://www.etickets.ca/nba-all-star-game-tickets/
                                Last edited by Raptors_Republic; Wed Jan 23, 2019, 07:14 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Comment

Working...
                                X