Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything ALL STARS 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything ALL STARS 2019

    Okay so Kawhi is 100% going to be a All star and Lowry is more than likely to be one as well.

    However, I feel that we deserve to have at least 3 all stars if we can maintain the first seed league wide. Ibaka imo DESERVES to be a all star this year. In fact, he sure as hell deserves it over Ben Simmons who most think to believe is a All Star lock. Siakam is a close second (would have him over Simmons as well) but I think ibaka is a bit more likely to get the honour.

    We as a fan base need to start advocating the potential idea of Ibaka being a All star
    Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  • #2
    I don't really care who's an all-star unless their ego takes a hit to the point of infecting their performance on the court in regular games.

    I'd just as soon have players who are good enough to be all-stars but don't have to participate in that snore-fest and risk injury....

    But anyway, Kawai and Lowry will be there, Serge not likely. Siakam will miss out this year but make it next imo
    Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Dec 15th, 2018, 11:13 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Its be nice for serge but id rather he rest over the week. Plus he would be a pretty boring all star whats he gonna do pick and pop? Pascal would be more exciting in game but i dont think he makes it. It just makes since with the disrespect we get that 1st in the league only gets 2 all stars. It would be too off trend for u to get anymore than 2 ( looking at you atlanta)

      Comment


      • #4
        East:
        IMO:
        For sure:
        Lowry, Kyrie, Kemba
        Butler, Kawhi, oladipo, ben Simmons, Bradley Beal
        Joel Embiid, Giannis, Blake Griffin,

        That’s 11 and excludes Drummond, Hayward, horford, Tatum, wall, Middleton.
        Going to be interesting but I don’t think the raps get 3. Maybe philly shouldn’t get 3 and the raps 2 but that’s what I think will happen.

        Comment


        • #5
          By current standings:
          Kawhi Kyle
          Giannis
          Oladipo
          Irving
          Embiid Simmons Butler
          Kemba
          Blake
          Vucevic

          And then maybe one of Wall or Beal. Everyone else is on the fringe imo.

          If the Raps are the number one seed in the NBA then I think Serge makes it for sure, while Pascal puts the league on notice and is potentially an all star next year.

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.
            Last edited by Mitch P; Sat Dec 15th, 2018, 04:16 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Mitch P wrote: View Post
              I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.
              I believe starters are now picked 50/50 by fan vote and coaches vote to avoid a zaza situation

              Comment


              • #8
                Mitch P wrote: View Post
                I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think the starters should be Lowry-Kyrie-Kawhi-Giannis-Embiid.

                  Think Simmons might get in over Lowry though as a starter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    I think the starters should be Lowry-Kyrie-Kawhi-Giannis-Embiid.

                    Think Simmons might get in over Lowry though as a starter.
                    Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      golden wrote: View Post
                      Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.
                      But Lowry got ass like Kardashian so it's honestly a tie
                      All man. All amazing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        I believe starters are now picked 50/50 by fan vote and coaches vote to avoid a zaza situation
                        Fan vote, players and media. This is a neat breakdown of last year's voting:

                        https://www.basketball-reference.com...onference.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Fan vote, players and media. This is a neat breakdown of last year's voting:

                          https://www.basketball-reference.com...onference.html
                          Lance Stephenson received 21,000 fan votes. The fans are the dumbest people on Earth.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Lance Stephenson received 21,000 fan votes. The fans are the dumbest people on Earth.
                            63,000,000:

                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              BBRef has an insane amount of information. That said, Lonzo Ball ranked 6th in fan voting for the West backcourt. That's effing ridiculous.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X