Inside the gambling ring of NBA ref. Tim Donaghy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the gambling ring of NBA ref. Tim Donaghy

I wonder how many Tims we have in the NBA right now...

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Dec 15th, 2018, 08:42 PM.

Its crazy how the NBA and NHL want to start getting into the gambling side of sports as well. I don't know how anyone could take the league seriously if they get a cut of betting revenue.

Comment

I don't have any doubt that there's still some "preferred winners" amongst NBA referees in any given game. It would help if the NBA policed more of the egregious calls and non-calls that are so blatant in many games. I'm all for the lower X% of referees being shipped to the lower leagues every year to improve their efficiency but I'm sure the unions won't allow the betterment of the league in this manner.

This is before the need to address the "star" calls and phantom fouls that infuriate both casual and long term fans alike....
      Off the top of my head, it's the league with the most calls ("penalties") per minute and and total game and therefore the most opportunities for abuse.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Its crazy how the NBA and NHL want to start getting into the gambling side of sports as well. I don't know how anyone could take the league seriously if they get a cut of betting revenue.
        The league will make money off gambling revenue whether Team-X wins or losses. So I can't see how this knowledge makes the NBA less credible (as an entity) for any specific referee whistle.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          I don't have any doubt that there's still some "preferred winners" amongst NBA referees in any given game. It would help if the NBA policed more of the egregious calls and non-calls that are so blatant in many games. I'm all for the lower X% of referees being shipped to the lower leagues every year to improve their efficiency but I'm sure the unions won't allow the betterment of the league in this manner.

This is before the need to address the "star" calls and phantom fouls that infuriate both casual and long term fans alike....
          Off the top of my head, it's the league with the most calls ("penalties") per minute and and total game and therefore the most opportunities for abuse.
          The NBA says they police referees. The problem I have is that it is behind closed doors. Any penalty referees receive for consistently bad calls should be made public just like when they fine players for techs or complaining etc. Transparency would go a long way in combating corruption or just proving the league is fair and legitimate.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X