Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #33 Indiana Pacers @ Toronto Raptors - Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I saw on realgm this morning that T. Ross is getting some trade interest. Would be a good replacement for Miles/Powell. He was a streaky, but good defender and solid shooter. Should Raptors be interested?
    I never like th eidea of team re-treads except in exceptional circumstances. Every ,ove needs to be made with the idea of "does this brimg us measurably closer to the finals. We need a signing/trade that moves the needle imo

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      The sig stays.

*stares at puffer seriously*
      Puffer wrote: View Post
      My bad. It was a rhetorical "get rid of," in the sense of a new attitude. Sig bets are serious. We all know that.

How much longer must he wear the t-shirt of shame? (he's being really good you know)
      He’s happy now..but as soon as the Raps fall behind 2 to 0 after losing the opening tip..our resident pessimist will have Nurse fired and the starters yanked and traded to purgatory in Phoenix.

GLF..there is no substitute.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Dec 19, 2018, 10:23 AM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        I never like th eidea of team re-treads except in exceptional circumstances. Every ,ove needs to be made with the idea of "does this brimg us measurably closer to the finals. We need a signing/trade that moves the needle imo
        I'm not advocating for trading for him, but looking at things through the perspective of this is the one year Raptors can "go for it", and with acquiring another star being very unlikely, it's these type of small moves that are available. Miles (to my dismay) is having a horrible season with no signs of bouncing back, and Powell has maintained his trend of being non-existant. T. Ross is having a career year and can provide what the combinations of Miles and Powell were supposed to provide.

Comment

Ibaka, Kyle won't play. Norm, Siakam, VanVleet good to go

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            No Ibaka, JV or Kyle. Going to be thin down low. Prob see lots of small ball.
            Thankfully Indy is on a 2nd game of a back to back.
            Will be a tough one.

Comment

Going to be tough as Indy plays big with Myles and Thadeus starting and Sabonis off the bench. Going to have to run them off the floor. Don't see a mention of Green in that post.

edit:

Comment

Ah this sucks. All I want for Christmas is a healthy team. And socks and underwear.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Boucher gonna lead us to victory

Comment

Need a lot of minutes from Monroe tonight. And that's not a good thing.

Glad the injuries happened now and not in March or April. So silver lining.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I'm not advocating for trading for him, but looking at things through the perspective of this is the one year Raptors can "go for it", and with acquiring another star being very unlikely, it's these type of small moves that are available. Miles (to my dismay) is having a horrible season with no signs of bouncing back, and Powell has maintained his trend of being non-existant. T. Ross is having a career year and can provide what the combinations of Miles and Powell were supposed to provide.
                      Powells been non existant cause he been out since like game 8? He was playing pretty well before that. Lets give normie a chance before we give up on him. Now that hes back he wi prob take miles mins so that take care of that problem. Dont think ross gives us much. Plus with norma contract we gotta play him to bump up hos trade value anyways
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        My bad. It was a rhetorical "get rid of," in the sense of a new attitude. Sig bets are serious. We all know that.

How much longer must he wear the t-shirt of shame? (he's being really good you know)
                        I think I let him off our sig bet a bit early but he said he liked it, and that was maybe a year ago.

I think it's actually way more hilarious now that he's owning it, like Abbas and his made up source sig.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Powells been non existant cause he been out since like game 8? He was playing pretty well before that. Lets give normie a chance before we give up on him. Now that hes back he wi prob take miles mins so that take care of that problem. Dont think ross gives us much. Plus with norma contract we gotta play him to bump up hos trade value anyways
                          Ross has the swagger of a stone cold killer though. He takes shit from nobody.

edit: I'd actually love Ross over Miles or Norman right now since he can actually shoot, but I don't think we'd wanna pay the price to get him. I doubt Norm+CJ gets it done. Then again, maybe Weltman remembers what Norm can bring. Don't wanna start sending pics really though. Not sure he'd move the needle that much for us.
                          Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Dec 19, 2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            Ross has the swagger of a stone cold killer though. He takes shit from nobody.

edit: I'd actually love Ross over Miles or Norman right now since he can actually shoot, but I don't think we'd wanna pay the price to get him. I doubt Norm+CJ gets it done. Then again, maybe Weltman remembers what Norm can bring. Don't wanna start sending pics really though. Not sure he'd move the needle that much for us.
                            If we are targeting a shooter I want someone fundamentally sound with repeatable mechanics. Ross's helter-skelter style is why he's a 37% career outside shooter, and that is not reliable enough. He's been hot this year but I don't want him to go cold during the playoffs.

Not sure who else is available but there has to be someone. Ellington's career % is only a little better but I think his form is more reliable.

Comment

Your 2020 Toron-tooooo Rap-tors.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Your 2020 Toron-tooooo Rap-tors.
                                And guys like golden will rejoice at the beautiful ball movement of the .500 team. And our point guard will be thoughtful to the media and answer all phone calls!
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X