Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #33 Indiana Pacers @ Toronto Raptors - Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #33 Indiana Pacers @ Toronto Raptors - Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

Home Sweet Home

Projected Starters

Pacers (20-10) Raptors (23-9)
    Darren Collison Kyle Lowry
    Victor Oladipo Danny Green
    Bojan Bogdanovic Kawhi Leonard
    Thaddeus Young Pascal Siakam
    Myles Turner Serge Ibaka
    NOTES

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

To continue my point from the other thread, the schedule gets real easy now.

The Raptors are in a dead heat with the Bucks for the easiest strength of schedule from now to the end of the season, and play 4 fewer games over that time. The Raptors are the only team in the league with only 50 games yet to play.

Indy is the toughest team, current-record-wise, that the Raptors will play for the rest of the year, besides their games against said Bucks.

But with home court and a rest advantage (2 days off versus the Pacers on a back to back), this game has the Raptors heavily favoured (my model pegs it at 64% chance to win). We'll see if they are mostly healthy, though.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The daunting first game back after a western road trip. Hopefully we'll have some rested players up for it. Go Raps.

Comment

Bucks, rejuvenated Sixers and Celtics all playing well and have all picked up games on the Raptors in the standings over the last 10. But also put the Pacers in there, winners of their last 7 and now tied with the Bucks for 2nd in the conference.

And they're doing it as a true team, without an elite superstar. Oladipo is a good one, Bogdanovich is having a good year and they have a handful of guys that can rain 40% threes on you.

This will NOT be an easy one (again), hopefully Kyle can go.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

The Raptors are in a dead heat with the Bucks for the easiest strength of schedule from now to the end of the season, and play 4 fewer games over that time. The Raptors are the only team in the league with only 50 games yet to play.

Indy is the toughest team, current-record-wise, that the Raptors will play for the rest of the year,
          besides their games against said Bucks.

But with home court and a rest advantage (2 days off versus the Pacers on a back to back), this game has the Raptors heavily favoured (my model pegs it at 64% chance to win). We'll see if they are mostly healthy, though.
          So what you're saying is, going 73-9 and winning the gold ball and being anointed the greatest in the history of balls going through hoops is still realistic
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Bucks, rejuvenated Sixers and Celtics all playing well and have all picked up games on the Raptors in the standings over the last 10. But also put the Pacers in there, winners of their last 7 and now tied with the Bucks for 2nd in the conference.

And they're doing it as a true team, without an elite superstar. Oladipo is a good one, Bogdanovich is having a good year and they have a handful of guys that can rain 40% threes on you.

This will NOT be an easy one (again), hopefully Kyle can go.
            Not at all. If we are missing any of our guys other than obviously JV there is a good chance we lose this game. Hopefully at least Kyle and Pascal will be back
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Indy is the toughest team, current-record-wise, that the Raptors will play for the rest of the year, besides their games against said Bucks.

This is good to here. Oh how I miss JV, watching Greg Monroe play (especially on defence) is painful. Hopefully he looks better against weaker teams. And I really hope we never have to see Lorenzo touch the floor every again.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                [B][SIZE=6]

man needs a restraining order

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  This is good to here. Oh how I miss JV, watching Greg Monroe play (especially on defence) is painful. Hopefully he looks better against weaker teams. And I really hope we never have to see Lorenzo touch the floor every again.
                  JV’s soft touch around the rim makes it look so damn easy, but watching a former elite low post scorer like Monroe get blocked all the time makes you appreciate him even more.

Comment

Hopefully the team is using this time to further gel and bring Kawhi further into a smooth integrated offense, Kyle to fully heal etc because this is a ton of time off for fans

Come on hump day!
                    Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Dec 18, 2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                      Its funny how people wanted Monroe to get minutes over JV just a few weeks ago. This fanbase is so reactionary lol

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        So what you're saying is, going 73-9 and winning the gold ball and being anointed the greatest in the history of balls going through hoops is still realistic
                        Expected, if anything.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Expected, if anything.
                          Gold ball so close I think I can smell it
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            This reads like some teen novella

"Leonard smiled back wistfully, consciously not utilizing that trademark laugh. Perhaps he knew."
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                              Its funny how people wanted Monroe to get minutes over JV just a few weeks ago. This fanbase is so reactionary lol
                              Understatement of the year

Comment

Working...
                              X