Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #35 Toronto Raptors @ Philadelphia 76ers - Saturday, December 22, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GAME #35 Toronto Raptors @ Philadelphia 76ers - Saturday, December 22, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

    Second Night of B2B




    Projected Starters

    Sixers (21-12) Raptors (25-9)
    Ben Simmons Fred Van Vleet
    JJ Redickr Delon Wright
    Jimmy Butler OG Anunoby
    Wilson Chandler. Pascal Siakam
    Joel Embiid Greg Monroe
    NOTES
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

  • #2



    Happy Holidays RR
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not surprised that they are resting Kawhi but it doesn't thrill me. On a team that is so ridiculously undermanned and with 3 off days following he could play. From this I now assume he won't play a back to back for the rest of the season. Not that I care (or maybe Kawhi either) but this will certainly reduce any chance he might have to be considered for MVP. The "kid gloves" treatment of Kawhi, the no back to backs, the not having to be on the bench on injury or rest days is surely designed to try and get him to sign a new contract. His play has been phenomenal and is getting even better so I really shouldn't complain. Ironically the Spurs were the team which really began this "rest the stars" approach. But I don't think even Pop took it this far. Hope it works out in the long run.

      Comment


      • #4
        If we win, 76ers should just give up on the season.

        Comment


        • #5
          Mitch P wrote: View Post
          I'm not surprised that they are resting Kawhi but it doesn't thrill me. On a team that is so ridiculously undermanned and with 3 off days following he could play. From this I now assume he won't play a back to back for the rest of the season. Not that I care (or maybe Kawhi either) but this will certainly reduce any chance he might have to be considered for MVP. The "kid gloves" treatment of Kawhi, the no back to backs, the not having to be on the bench on injury or rest days is surely designed to try and get him to sign a new contract. His play has been phenomenal and is getting even better so I really shouldn't complain. Ironically the Spurs were the team which really began this "rest the stars" approach. But I don't think even Pop took it this far. Hope it works out in the long run.
          He missed practically a whole year, I have no problem resting him on back to backs for half or even the whole season.

          CP3 just got a grade 2 hamstring strain on the second night of a back to back. Better safe than sorry.
          It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

          Comment


          • #6
            MixxAOR wrote: View Post



            Happy Holidays RR
            Lol. Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and fuck the Celtics
            It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

            Comment


            • #7
              We need Kawhi in the playoffs. We already beat the 76ers twice, dont need to prove anything. Also without our main forces (JV included), I rather not go halfass in a game where they should beat us.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mitch P wrote: View Post
                I'm not surprised that they are resting Kawhi but it doesn't thrill me. On a team that is so ridiculously undermanned and with 3 off days following he could play. From this I now assume he won't play a back to back for the rest of the season. Not that I care (or maybe Kawhi either) but this will certainly reduce any chance he might have to be considered for MVP. The "kid gloves" treatment of Kawhi, the no back to backs, the not having to be on the bench on injury or rest days is surely designed to try and get him to sign a new contract. His play has been phenomenal and is getting even better so I really shouldn't complain. Ironically the Spurs were the team which really began this "rest the stars" approach. But I don't think even Pop took it this far. Hope it works out in the long run.
                What they should have done was sit Kawhi yesterday and play him tonight. Cavs interior (and perimeter) defence was very weak and we would have most likely won yesterday even without Kawhi. Then he would play tonight and we would be putting up a fight with a very decent chance of winning with Kawhi locking down Simmons again.

                It would go a long way towards undermining Philly's confidence if we encounter then in the playoffs if we could beat them without Lowry/Ibaka/JV, but this way we're just throwing the game, even though there's 3 days rest afterwards. Not saying he should necessarily play b2b's, but imo, if you need to choose, you put him against the stronger opponents and try to win every game.
                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  We need Kawhi in the playoffs. We already beat the 76ers twice, dont need to prove anything. Also without our main forces (JV included), I rather not go halfass in a game where they should beat us.
                  Yep. As Lebron figured out, a championship calibre team doesn't even need homecourt advantage in the playoffs. You can get it back in 1 game. The East is between us and Bucks and we already know we're better as long as Lowry scores a few points. Health is the only thing that matters from here on in. Kawhi & Kyle peaking at the same time is the other thing, but that should get itself worked out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Monroe is going to pick up 2-3 quick fouls against Embiid, this could be a shat show .... with the Christmas break and 3 days off coming up, Nurse is going to rest Kawhi, Lowry, Serge, likely Green and obviously JV out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mitch P wrote: View Post
                      I'm not surprised that they are resting Kawhi but it doesn't thrill me. On a team that is so ridiculously undermanned and with 3 off days following he could play........ Ironically the Spurs were the team which really began this "rest the stars" approach. But I don't think even Pop took it this far. Hope it works out in the long run.
                      No back to backs in the playoffs. It’s all good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So with all of our main guys out, who leads the team in scoring this game? Best guesses are:

                        a) Siakam
                        b) FVV
                        c) Norm?






                        d) Brown...?
                        OG is our king

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          consmap wrote: View Post
                          So with all of our main guys out, who leads the team in scoring this game? Best guesses are:

                          a) Siakam
                          b) FVV
                          c) Norm?






                          d) Brown...?
                          Leading scorer might have 15

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just watched that replay of OG's thunderous dunk again. Very cool to see, I wish he'd be a bit more aggressive with those hops.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Someone pointed out that this a perfect trap game for Phili. They look at our lineup missing 4 starters and our star center sub and relax.They forget about us and worry about their Christmas game against Boston.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X