Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #36: Raptors (25-10) @ Heat (16-16); Wednesday, Dec. 26th at 7:30 pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I like the Heat's color scheme on the court, but the jerseys are blinding on TV.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        Yep...we got OG who can play the wing and get someone more inexpensive to be backup.

GOtta free up funds to keep Danny Green. Also JV may walk if he feels he can get more money as his option year is coming up.

And your right, we will need to start looking at point guard options soon.

So gotta be flexible.
        Keep OG.

And we’ll have Danny’s bird rights, so we can go over the tax to retain him, which we definitely should do, he’s been incredibly valuable.

JV isn’t gonna be getting plucked away.. he’d have to REALLY show out in the postseason for anyone to increase on his player option. People don’t throw money at old school bigs like they used to. If he’s getting scooped it probably means he went off in the Finals for the chip.

And Lowry’s still got a couple great years left in him, but that’s why we got Fred and Delon. When they’re on their games, they’ll give us what we need. Both still progressing nicely.

Stay the course.

Comment

• While Masai himself will undoubtedly be part of the immediate push to sign Kawhi as soon as free agency opens, I expect that somebody from the organization will also be pushing to sign Danny immediately as part of that push, because it seems likely that a quick signing will be an asset in attempting to resign Kawhi.

It is also worth noting that in addition to familiarity with each other, Kawhi and Danny have complimentary styles of play. Successfully resigning Kawhi makes Danny more valuable. I might go as far as $15/2, $12.5/3, or $10/4 (with both player and team options on the last year of that four-year contract.)

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            I like the Heat's color scheme on the court, but the jerseys are blinding on TV.
            Horrawful.
            But when they came out, someone on here was saying how great they were and would buy one lol

It's just poorly thought out marketing gone perfectly wrong....

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
              While Masai himself will undoubtedly be part of the immediate push to sign Kawhi as soon as free agency opens, I expect that somebody from the organization will also be pushing to sign Danny immediately as part of that push, because it seems likely that a quick signing will be an asset in attempting to resign Kawhi.

It is also worth noting that in addition to familiarity with each other, Kawhi and Danny have complimentary styles of play. Successfully resigning Kawhi makes Danny more valuable. I might go as far as $15/2, $12.5/3, or $10/4 (with both player and team options on the last year of that four-year contract.)
              I love Green but would be VERY leery of anything over 2 years for him. 3 is absolute tops if it seals the deal.

Comment

• Pascal had a team high 6 turnovers last night. He should calm down a bit, the helter skelter play can be detrimental to the team. Shooting 3s from the longest area of the three point zone is a no no unless he is a dead eye high percentage shooter. Corner 3s is ok here and there but he should stop settling and maximize his strength. He is still learning but teams are beginning to scout him well and are now trying to limit his effectiveness lately.

Comment

• Ujiri has to address the three point woes of this team before the deadline.

They ranked 22nd of 30 at 34.8%, fugly for a contending team.

This has to improve via trade IMO.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                    Call me crazy but Norm, playing like this could be a point guard. Hitting the odd three, penetrating under control and dishing and making the pull up when he has to. His handle isn't that tight but could get better. He's certainly always a threat to go to the rim unlike Fred who is just a block waiting to happen. Whoever on the coaching staff has been working with him has clearly had a bigger impact that whoever it was last year.
                    It’s the go daddy curse....

Last year it was Norm who looked like he forgot every aspect of what made him look so good in the playoffs the year before. This year it’s playoff Norm. He is making enough threes (at least one per game it seems) and is picking his spots to straight line drive to the basket without turning it over on a charge or lost ball out of bounds. His defense is still a few notches above average.

Which is the segue to ...

CJ Miles. Who is playing like his playbook is completely different from everyone else’s. He is struggling to find his game in the offence. He is a spot up 3 point shooter who for whatever reason this year sees himself as a driver in the lane. Just shoot baby...If Miles doesn’t have it turned around by Feb...I think Ujiri looks at who might be available and what the price is for another 3 point shooter. Raps have an open roster spot.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      I love Green but would be VERY leery of anything over 2 years for him. 3 is absolute tops if it seals the deal.

I can't help but get an eerie deja vu feeling from 2001. That was right after we fell one shot short of the ECF, the franchise was on a high andwe managed against all odds to resign Vince. At the same time, we brought the whole band back together with long term contracts for everyone! Alvin Williams, Jerome Williams, Antonio Davis! Then Hakeem the Dream! Everything went downhill from there This is a dark place...someone get me out!

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        It’s the go daddy curse....

Last year it was Norm who looked like he forgot every aspect of what made him look so good in the playoffs the year before. This year it’s playoff Norm. He is making enough threes (at least one per game it seems) and is picking his spots to straight line drive to the basket without turning it over on a charge or lost ball out of bounds. His defense is still a few notches above average.

Which is the segue to ...

CJ Miles. Who is playing like his playbook is completely different from everyone else’s. He is struggling to find his game in the offence. He is a spot up 3 point shooter who for whatever reason this year sees himself as a driver in the lane. Just shoot baby...If Miles doesn’t have it turned around by Feb...I think Ujiri looks at who might be available and what the price is for another 3 point shooter. Raps have an open roster spot.
                        What the hell I forgot about this stupid curse

We need to cut all ties with godaddy and find a way to get KD to advertise with them. Snakeskin belts or something

Comment

Thing is Raps will have to overpay and give him that 3rd year to keep him in Canada.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                            Thing is Raps will have to overpay and give him that 3rd year to keep him in Canada.
                            Maybe, but I don't know. He might take LESS to stay in a city he loves or I think in an even 3 yeare offer, he stays here.

Comment

Maybe, but I don't know. He might take LESS to stay in a city he loves or I think in an even 3 yeare offer, he stays here.
                              True. And its genuinely refreshing to have a player that loves being here.

Comment

• You know, I likely would have pissed my pants laughing if the Raptors would have sent a trainer to the gift store at the miami arena at half to buy Sunglasses, and have them all walk out to the court to start the fourth wearing them....hilarity

Comment

Working...
                                X