Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #38 Bulls @ Raptors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game #38 Bulls @ Raptors

    Lowry out with a back injury

    Discuss.
    Mamba Mentality

  • #2
    Game Day!
    Home to the Bulls
    Time for a blowout W
    Let's Go!

    Comment


    • #3
      For the record i don't think Lowry is injured. I think there is something going on behind the scenes. He's missed 7 of 8 games. The one game that he played in was against the Sixers IN Philly - his hometown. Coincidence?
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • #4
        Not exactly a coincidence playing in Philly, I'm sure he wanted to give it a go there more than most. But I also don't think there's any doubt he's injured. The thigh might be OK now but I believe the lingering back spasms are ongoing. Even in the Philly game, he was being worked on in-game on the sidelines. As always, it's a concern for the post season.

        Comment


        • #5
          Fury wrote: View Post
          For the record i don't think Lowry is injured. I think there is something going on behind the scenes. He's missed 7 of 8 games. The one game that he played in was against the Sixers IN Philly - his hometown. Coincidence?
          I hope there is nothing behind the scene. But ya it's weird that Kawhi and Lowry haven't played together in a very long time (like before the west coast road trip)

          Comment


          • #6
            Huge concern. Backs are not easy to figure out or fix even for "the best medical staff in the NBA". Steve Nash dealt with it for years.....rather successfully of course. It ended his career though. This is biggest concern I have by far regarding our championship hopes. I frankly think there is so much parity this year that the Raptors could win it all or get knocked out in the second round; depends on who's hot, the whistle and injuries. But if Kyle is out, even intermittently they can't beat the top teams. They should beat the Bulls tonight though.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm disappointed that without Lowry there's such a drop off in performance.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Shredder wrote: View Post
                I hope there is nothing behind the scene. But ya it's weird that Kawhi and Lowry haven't played together in a very long time (like before the west coast road trip)
                He was playing so well BEFORE his interview and Masai's interview on The Jump. He started playing like shit after that interview. Then all of a sudden he got injured, missed a bunch of games, then he returned against Philly, now he's out again.
                Last edited by The Great One; Sun Dec 30th, 2018, 03:29 PM.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • #9
                  Further proof that one can see whatever one wants to see in any scenario...
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    I'm disappointed that without Lowry there's such a drop off in performance.
                    Yeah, one thing this team really needs to do is figure out how to play well consistently when Lowry is not on the floor. Don't really think they've developed a non-Lowry identity, not with the bench, not for his DNP's, and not with Kawhi as the lone alpha. Just 5 guys coexisting on the court most of the time with mixed but often middling results.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If I thought for one moment I could get by with a one-sentence game thread, I'd have put one up hours ago.

                      Also: Fury made a game thread about Raptors-Bulls and didn't take the opportunity to pump Zach LaVine's tires? I am sooooo confused....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                        If I thought for one moment I could get by with a one-sentence game thread, I'd have put one up hours ago.

                        Also: Fury made a game thread about Raptors-Bulls and didn't take the opportunity to pump Zach LaVine's tires? I am sooooo confused....
                        Game threads can be as simple or complex as you want. If you want to get one started you can always put down a one liner and add stuff to it when you have time. But if the Raps win the current thread starter gets dibs on the next game. If the Raps lose it's open season.
                        It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Fury wrote: View Post
                          For the record i don't think Lowry is injured. I think there is something going on behind the scenes. He's missed 7 of 8 games. The one game that he played in was against the Sixers IN Philly - his hometown. Coincidence?
                          What do you mean? What do you think is going on behind the scenes?
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            Further proof that one can see whatever one wants to see in any scenario...

                            Masai injured Kyle's back with his words
                            It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The back injury is scaring me a bit with Kyle only because back issues are not something you play around with. It can linger for the whole season. And we all know if we do not have a healthy Kyle come playoff time we're screwed. You see how bad the team looks without him right now. Well it's probably more because he's out ALONG with other role players but still. I felt Serge was handling the bigger centres better earlier on in the season. He is getting eaten alive now and Greg is just so bad lol. The drop off from JV to Greg is huge. I've always loved JV but even I don't think I've appreciated him enough to be honest. We really really miss him. Every team that's had a big centre so far has killed us with said centre. I honestly cannot wait for this team to be healthy, or at least have their top 6 guys healthy. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon though
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X