Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damn in beginning of the season I thought Raps would have 2-3 All-Stars but now it looks like it'll be just one.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Damn in beginning of the season I thought Raps would have 2-3 All-Stars but now it looks like it'll be just one.
      I think Kyle gets in cause the East star power STANKS..depends when he gets back and what he does when he is back I guess
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • Pretty crazy to see Vince getting so many votes. I guess one last push for him and Wade.

        Do fans get 100% of the starters votes or did the league change that?

        Comment


        • slaw wrote: View Post
          Why is it ridiculous? The all-star game is a fun event for the fans and corporate sponsors, well, mostly the corporate sponsors but at least a little bit for the fans. No one seriously believes that it represents the 24 best players or the 12 best from each conference. Fans get to support their home town players and favorites. The coaches and NBA can fill out the rest with deserving players. It's not a serious game and it's not a serious credential.
          One minor problem is that some of these guys have all-star bonuses tied to their contract. So if your fanbase isn't getting out there and supporting you, it could cost you a few bucks. That said, you have to be disappointed in the so-called Canada fanbase, as usual. The supposed #WeTheNorth advantage they keep telling us is that the Raptors have 'an entire country' supporting them. If that's the case, then Kawhi should be leading the East comfortably and Lowry should be in the top 2 at the guard position. Clearly Canada doesn't give a rats ass aboout the Raptors. More Canadians probably voted for Vince Carter than Pascal or Serge, I'm sure.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            One minor problem is that some of these guys have all-star bonuses tied to their contract. So if your fanbase isn't getting out there and supporting you, it could cost you a few bucks. That said, you have to be disappointed in the so-called Canada fanbase, as usual. The supposed #WeTheNorth advantage they keep telling us is that the Raptors have 'an entire country' supporting them. If that's the case, then Kawhi should be leading the East comfortably and Lowry should be in the top 2 at the guard position. Clearly Canada doesn't give a rats ass aboout the Raptors. More Canadians probably voted for Vince Carter than Pascal or Serge, I'm sure.
            Two things. First, it's early. Raptors have always saved a lot of the marketing firepower for late in the game. Second, Raptors are not a Canadian team. They are a Toronto team. Every single one of my basketball-fan friends in Calgary cheers for other teams: the Blazers, Jazz, Celtics or Lakers. I am the only Raps fan. Most of them never even watched the Raps until the last couple of years because they considered Toronto completely irrelevant.

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post
              One minor problem is that some of these guys have all-star bonuses tied to their contract. So if your fanbase isn't getting out there and supporting you, it could cost you a few bucks. That said, you have to be disappointed in the so-called Canada fanbase, as usual. The supposed #WeTheNorth advantage they keep telling us is that the Raptors have 'an entire country' supporting them. If that's the case, then Kawhi should be leading the East comfortably and Lowry should be in the top 2 at the guard position. Clearly Canada doesn't give a rats ass aboout the Raptors. More Canadians probably voted for Vince Carter than Pascal or Serge, I'm sure.
              The problem with that is California has more people than #thenorth

              Not sure how 30 million people could dominate the voting of a mostly American but somewhat worldwide sport.

              The freak dominated last year too he has a huge overseas following. Being 4th overall in votes for Kawhi isnt bad.

              Kyle is where he usually is, criminally underrated. Even amongst his own fans, lots of people in our own fan base cant stand him anymore, this whole DeRozan thing put a huge hit in his popularity
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post
                Two things. First, it's early. Raptors have always saved a lot of the marketing firepower for late in the game. Second, Raptors are not a Canadian team. They are a Toronto team. Every single one of my basketball-fan friends in Calgary cheers for other teams: the Blazers, Jazz, Celtics or Lakers. I am the only Raps fan. Most of them never even watched the Raps until the last couple of years because they considered Toronto completely irrelevant.
                I would say the Raptors are calgary's most popular team, but it's not a huge majority, and the biggest thing being the nba is a distant 5th for most popular leagues here. And I do mean distant.

                Theres maybe 10-20k "good fans" in a city of 1.3 million
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • slaw wrote: View Post
                  Two things. First, it's early. Raptors have always saved a lot of the marketing firepower for late in the game. Second, Raptors are not a Canadian team. They are a Toronto team. Every single one of my basketball-fan friends in Calgary cheers for other teams: the Blazers, Jazz, Celtics or Lakers. I am the only Raps fan. Most of them never even watched the Raps until the last couple of years because they considered Toronto completely irrelevant.
                  Your experience is anecdotal, not universal. Calgary sold out the Raps exhibition game presale in like an hour.

                  And Canada as a nation voted both Kyle and DeMar to start the all star game.

                  It's just early, and there may not be as much attachment to Kawhi yet given that he's only been on the squad a short time and has missed a bunch of games. Kyle too has been completely out of sight since voting started.
                  It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                  Comment


                  • I bump into more and more Raptors fans in southern Alberta all the time now...

                    Comment


                    • BrydenB wrote: View Post
                      I bump into more and more Raptors fans in southern Alberta all the time now...
                      403 represent
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • slaw wrote: View Post
                        Why is it ridiculous? The all-star game is a fun event for the fans and corporate sponsors, well, mostly the corporate sponsors but at least a little bit for the fans. No one seriously believes that it represents the 24 best players or the 12 best from each conference. Fans get to support their home town players and favorites. The coaches and NBA can fill out the rest with deserving players. It's not a serious game and it's not a serious credential.
                        Yet the players are offended if the don't make it....see Kyle

                        I get it's for the fans, I just don't want to see a washed up Wade or quitter-carter just because a bunch of fanboys used to have their picture on their bedroom walls....ymmv

                        Comment


                        • golden wrote: View Post
                          One minor problem is that some of these guys have all-star bonuses tied to their contract. So if your fanbase isn't getting out there and supporting you, it could cost you a few bucks. That said, you have to be disappointed in the so-called Canada fanbase, as usual. The supposed #WeTheNorth advantage they keep telling us is that the Raptors have 'an entire country' supporting them. If that's the case, then Kawhi should be leading the East comfortably and Lowry should be in the top 2 at the guard position. Clearly Canada doesn't give a rats ass aboout the Raptors. More Canadians probably voted for Vince Carter than Pascal or Serge, I'm sure.
                          Maybe Canadian fans are smarter and don't want to see ANY of their players at the AS game lol .... or don't care about the no-touch AS game.
                          I'd sooner they all rested and healed up unless their egos need them to be there.

                          Really, the MLB AS game is about the only one that even remotely represents the real game
                          Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jan 3rd, 2019, 05:24 PM.

                          Comment


                          • slaw wrote: View Post
                            Two things. First, it's early. Raptors have always saved a lot of the marketing firepower for late in the game. Second, Raptors are not a Canadian team. They are a Toronto team. Every single one of my basketball-fan friends in Calgary cheers for other teams: the Blazers, Jazz, Celtics or Lakers. I am the only Raps fan. Most of them never even watched the Raps until the last couple of years because they considered Toronto completely irrelevant.
                            Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Your experience is anecdotal, not universal. Calgary sold out the Raps exhibition game presale in like an hour.

                            And Canada as a nation voted both Kyle and DeMar to start the all star game.

                            It's just early, and there may not be as much attachment to Kawhi yet given that he's only been on the squad a short time and has missed a bunch of games. Kyle too has been completely out of sight since voting started.
                            BrydenB wrote: View Post
                            I bump into more and more Raptors fans in southern Alberta all the time now...
                            bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            403 represent
                            5 of us have found their way here!

                            (Note: I often see someone wearing a Raptors hat or shirt and will try and strike up a conversation with them. Have any of you done that? It doesn't make it very far past "Derozan...something". Most people don't know who we played last night or who won.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              The problem with that is California has more people than #thenorth

                              Not sure how 30 million people could dominate the voting of a mostly American but somewhat worldwide sport.

                              The freak dominated last year too he has a huge overseas following. Being 4th overall in votes for Kawhi isnt bad.

                              Kyle is where he usually is, criminally underrated. Even amongst his own fans, lots of people in our own fan base cant stand him anymore, this whole DeRozan thing put a huge hit in his popularity
                              California has 4 teams, since you have to acknowledge the Kangz are finally an NBA team, so that should split some Cali votes. #WeTheNorth should be at least comparable to OKC's fanbase, who have voted up a guy like Steven Adams way up there in 6th place among forwards. Small fanbase, but they're hardcore and probably voting like 10 times a day from multiple accounts.

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                5 of us have found their way here!

                                (Note: I often see someone wearing a Raptors hat or shirt and will try and strike up a conversation with them. Have any of you done that? It doesn't make it very far past "Derozan...something". Most people don't know who we played last night or who won.
                                Im originally from a small south ab town of like 2000 ppl ive managed to make a few of my friends casual fans by drinking beer and watching playoff games but see no other hats in my town but some of my buddy's will ask me how the raps are looking this year so its minor progress
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X