X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Yeah that sucked last night. Fred & Serge were terrible. Serge is shooting around 27% from 3 this year. I guess we can't call him a stretch big anymore.

Casey+DeMar are now 2-0 against the Raps. Masai must be hungover.
    If you got rid of Casey, you needed to replace him with a name coach....Nurse isnt getting it done... he even admitted he didnt get the guys ready for last night -- thats inexcusable, considering you know this game was circled on the calendar for Kawhi and it's the small things like this that makes a guy like Kawhi question why he would ever sign in the off season when he can go play with Doc in LA...things need to change fast!

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Ibaka was lights out the first couple months, if he continues to struggle once everyone's back and the lineups are intact, this should be revisited.
    No it wont.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Other Scott wrote: View Post
    As someone who's been a pretty significant DeMar fan over the years, I've been following the Spurs pretty closely this year. DeMar hasn't been the bellweather for the Spurs, he provides pretty consistent production, win or lose, and is rarely the reason for the Spurs winning or the reason for them losing.

The Spurs rely on two things to go right for them to win, the first is Aldridge. LaMarcus can shoot 20% in a game or 80%, if he's closer to the former they lose and the latter they win. The second is the defense, it can be great or awful. The Raptors got the good Spurs on both accounts last night. They should have been able to keep it closer, but missing 2 of their 4 or 5 most important players, the Raptors aren't good enough to beat "good Spurs."
    Spurs also lead in 3% shooting this year... it's helped them immensely in the last 3-4 weeks especially (since the Lakers game the Spurs have been on a roll).

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    -not good optics. Games like this give other teams confidence when they meet us down the road....but still Im confident and hopeful - we all are thats why we’ll ne back.

-3 point shooting has to be addressed theres no question. Lowry isnt going to save us. He’ll help but hes been in a slump and who knows how much he’ll play?

- why on earth doesnt boucher get more burn? He can shoot!!!!! And I dont care if he gets confused on D he probably has 8/9 blocks in a per 36 that makes up for it.

- OG I know a lot of guys like OG I did too. Ya hes young but surely you can tell he lacks the coordination to be anything better than a sub par NBAer. Kris Humphries has better handles than OG. He might be “ok” when players lose track and leave him open for a corner 3 but he has zero capability in creating his own shot. Trade him while we can.

Watched with my “kids” both teens. Even my daughter is back into raptors this year I used to take them to games all the time. Once when she was about 4 we were in lower bowl and the raptor tried picking her up and she pushed him away haaaard. Everyone laughed. I remember paying under $400 for those seats. They both want to see spurs here. I looked - same seats $4000 for three tickets that is fucking insane!
    $4000 lol... man prices have shot up. Buy a nice Sony OLED for that price and watch the Raps in 4k like I do (well 4k for home games only)....

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    You do know JV is playing less minutes and loss his starting spot under Nurse. I guess Nurse obviously hates him too.

Ibaka was lights out the first couple months, if he continues to struggle once everyone's back and the lineups are intact, this should be revisited.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I have never been on the trade JV train.

He's a dbl dbl machine when given the minutes and actually fed inside once in awhile. Lowry and DD virtually ignored him for long stretches and Casey evidently hated him, sitting him for long stretches after starting a game hot. Not sulking, actually the opposite off the bench and putting up high NBA PER numbers, lauded as a great teammate. Funny guy too.
    You do know JV is playing less minutes and loss his starting spot under Nurse. I guess Nurse obviously hates him too.

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    To be honest, aside from it being in a triple double, if you had told me they were going to hold DeMar to 21 points, I'd have bet large that the Raptors had won.
    As someone who's been a pretty significant DeMar fan over the years, I've been following the Spurs pretty closely this year. DeMar hasn't been the bellweather for the Spurs, he provides pretty consistent production, win or lose, and is rarely the reason for the Spurs winning or the reason for them losing.

The Spurs rely on two things to go right for them to win, the first is Aldridge. LaMarcus can shoot 20% in a game or 80%, if he's closer to the former they lose and the latter they win. The second is the defense, it can be great or awful. The Raptors got the good Spurs on both accounts last night. They should have been able to keep it closer, but missing 2 of their 4 or 5 most important players, the Raptors aren't good enough to beat "good Spurs."

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    To be honest, aside from it being in a triple double, if you had told me they were going to hold DeMar to 21 points, I'd have bet large that the Raptors had won.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Hopefully this game shows you guys that all the gloating and pettiness is really dumb.

DeMar was a Raptor for nine years. I understand people being disappointed in what he wasn't able to accomplish, but it's time to let it go. DeMar may not have been perfect, but he was our guy. Maybe we can show him a little respect going forward.
    This

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Hopefully this game shows you guys that all the gloating and pettiness is really dumb.

DeMar was a Raptor for nine years. I understand people being disappointed in what he wasn't able to accomplish, but it's time to let it go. DeMar may not have been perfect, but he was our guy. Maybe we can show him a little respect going forward.
    No respect I tell ya!

I just had the names in my post incorrect. DD was Rick James and Kawhi was Charlie Murphy. That's still Kyle in the back looking on.

Seriously though, my post was not a diss towards DeMar. i believed Kawhi and the Raps would come out just a little bit harder than they did... just a little bit. I don't care if the Pope and Dalai Lama are on the other team with Mother Teresa coaching and Ghandi running point, I want us to "five fingers to the face" everybody.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Fine every player that "messed around" with DeMar
    “It was fun. It was really fun,” said DeRozan after putting up his first career triple-double in a masterful performance against his old team. “[Playing the Raptors] wasn’t hard at all. I wasn’t nervous, it was really fun. Going out there, messing around with old teammates, messing around with them, it was definitely fun.”

Apologies to Kawhi:
    “It’s frustrating just because [of the way] we are playing,” said Leonard. “It’s [like] any other game. We want to be better. We want the next game to be able to do the same thing every night that we step on this floor. We want to be a better team. We didn’t do a good job at all.”

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yeah that sucked last night. Fred & Serge were terrible. Serge is shooting around 27% from 3 this year. I guess we can't call him a stretch big anymore.

Casey+DeMar are now 2-0 against the Raps. Masai must be hungover.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I blame Green for the PRE game Pops hug

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Geez, guys, it was a bad loss but it's the regular season and we're short-handed. Let's not go deciding to fire Nurse, lament Kawhi already leaving, and tearing the team down already.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Can't wait for Lowry and JV to return, we battle so much without them out there which is understandable given we're taken away 2 of our 5/6 starters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X