X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Yes and no. Like Kawhi said, regular season is kind of like practice. It matters, but mainly to build chemistry on the court. What's concerning is how dis-jointed the team looks on both ends. I know it's part of Nurse's 'unpredictable' free flowing jazz music philosophy, but jazz can sound like a whole lot of noise at times. That's exactly what it looks like right now: a bunch of disonant noise and then each player trying to take a solo.
    Their half court offense is basically give it to Kawhi. Just 1 on 1.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Raptors' players three-point shooting:

Kyle Lowry: 40% last year, 33% this year

Danny Green: 36% last year, 40% this year

Kawhi Leonard: 38% in 16-17, 36% this year

Pascal Siakam: 22% last year, 35% this year

Serge Ibaka: 36% last year, 29% this year

Fred VanVleet: 41% last year, 36% this year

Delon Wright: 37% last year, 32% this year

Norman Powell: 29% last year, 33% this year

CJ Miles: 36% last year, 27% this year

OG Anunoby: 37% last year, 34% this year

Jonas Valanciunas: 40% last year, 30% this year

Team Overall: 36% last year (18th), 34% this year (24th)

That's three players (Green, Siakam and Powell) who have improved so far this year, while everyone else has regressed, some significantly so. This doesn't do much besides confirm the obvious eye test, but I wanted to check out the full numbers...for myself as much as anyone else

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Tonight's game really shows what Lowry brings to the table..... and if you kept up with Lewenberg all day, you know Kyle wanted to play. He was taking shots, stretching, doing test with the medics, etc for hours before game time.... and yet, he was told he wasn't ready.

Lowry brings a sense of ease to both the starters & bench that Fred's lacked most of the year. I hope that with all the work he put in today that Lowry's close to coming back. We need him.
    Well hopefully if he was close for this game, maybe he could be ready for one of our weekend games...

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    You build your confidence in regular season. I'm tired of people acting like regular season doesn't matter.
    Yes and no. Like Kawhi said, regular season is kind of like practice. It matters, but mainly to build chemistry on the court. What's concerning is how dis-jointed the team looks on both ends. I know it's part of Nurse's 'unpredictable' free flowing jazz music philosophy, but jazz can sound like a whole lot of noise at times. That's exactly what it looks like right now: a bunch of disonant noise and then each player trying to take a solo.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Nothings gonna change unless they add some real 3pt shooters.

I'm tired of watching OG and Wright and FVV and Powell and Miles chuck up 3's after 3's.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Tonight's game really shows what Lowry brings to the table..... and if you kept up with Lewenberg all day, you know Kyle wanted to play. He was taking shots, stretching, doing test with the medics, etc for hours before game time.... and yet, he was told he wasn't ready.

Lowry brings a sense of ease to both the starters & bench that Fred's lacked most of the year. I hope that with all the work he put in today that Lowry's close to coming back. We need him.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    You build your confidence in regular season. I'm tired of people acting like regular season doesn't matter.
    Agreed... when you dont care in the regular season, this shit shows up in the playoffs..

You dont have a fucking light switch that changes you instantly in the playoffs (Unless you are Demar the choke DeRozan)...

and if regular season doesnt coutn why are some of you even in here watching? Go hibernate until April...

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    sanyo wrote: View Post
    If Raps cant shoot, why do they continue to shoot 3's? Even early they were slumping and you cant make adjustments... no business shooting 30 3's when you cant make them.

when they attacked they actually did pretty well...

Nurse needs to adjust!
    Feels like a rhythm thing, IMO. With Lowry out, the offense always looks out of sync and guys don't look shot ready. Up here in the cheap seats is a whole lot different vantage-pont than the split second you have to get a shot off with a 7-ft wingspan flying in your face.

Leave a comment:

• Torassic1
    replied
    Is it me or why the fuck did the Leafs play at 2pm today?!?
    Please stick to NBA. Hate hearing about hockey in here...

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    regular season game in jan is a the big stage?
    Hmm... well most anticipated game of the year... on TNT... playing Demar...no not playoffs but hey man oculd have made it a little more competitive...

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Is it me or why the fuck did the Leafs play at 2pm today?!?

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    This was worse than the Orlando game, just because we were on a big stage and we were blown out!

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    If Raps cant shoot, why do they continue to shoot 3's? Even early they were slumping and you cant make adjustments... no business shooting 30 3's when you cant make them.

when they attacked they actually did pretty well...

Nurse needs to adjust!

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    This was worse than the Orlando game, just because we were on a big stage and we were blown out!
    Winning on the road in the NBA is hard..and playing without your best screen setter and rebounder along with your starting all star caliber lead guard makes it even harder....

I will buy off on getting some 3 point shooting ..that aspect of the raps game is taking on water in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X