X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Look this is obviously a bad game, but this is just another case of mismatched expectations.

Freddy is simply not a starting point guard. At least not yet. That doesn't mean he's bad, it means he isn't good in this role. Once Lowry comes back things will look up again for Freddy.
    Yeah, but the team does think FVV IS an NBA calibre backup PG.... but I'm not so sure about that either.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    sanyo wrote: View Post
    So... can Nurse put together an offence that doesnt rely on the 3?
    who cares if he can? 3 > 2 you can't win in this league without 3 point shooting

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    Nurse looks like he's about to cry his eyes out

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Give Delon a chance Nurse... he's supposed to potentially be your future PG... FVV can lead a 2nd unit, he isnt meant to run the 1st unit.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    Yea if Nurse continues to allow Fred to run this team when Pascal, kawhi and/or Kyle is on the floor we won't even make it to the Eastern Conference finals. He is just so bad.
    Crazy idea to even think about 1 month ago, but I'd actually give Powell a shot at running a few sets, like DeMar used to. The big thing is that Norm actually puts pressure on the defense because they have to respect his drive, even moreso now because he's developed some craftiness and improved decision-making. That would actually soften up the defense on the drive & kick. FVV and Wright put zero pressure on the opposition defense - they recover so easily and our shooters get the ball with 10 seconds or less on the clock having to create something out of nothing.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    So... can Nurse put together an offence that doesnt rely on the 3?

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    No joke.
    Just pointing out that when guys say "I'm depressed, I'm jumping off the CN Tower, F that, I hate this guy/that guy"
    that this is a basketball game and not worth offing yourself over....as you say, A GAME
    True, tho I think guys who write the CN Tower stuff are obviously joking

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    Yea if Nurse continues to allow Fred to run this team when Pascal, kawhi and/or Kyle is on the floor we won't even make it to the Eastern Conference finals. He is just so bad.
    Look this is obviously a bad game, but this is just another case of mismatched expectations.

Freddy is simply not a starting point guard. At least not yet. That doesn't mean he's bad, it means he isn't good in this role. Once Lowry comes back things will look up again for Freddy.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    Lol he’s trying to do jazz music with Kenny G when he really needs Miles Davis
    LOL Nurse should know that you can't have everybody do a solo at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    sanyo wrote: View Post
    While you joke, the 3 point slump is getting concerning and costing us game
    No joke.
    Just pointing out that when guys say "I'm depressed, I'm jumping off the CN Tower, F that, I hate this guy/that guy"
    that this is a basketball game and not worth offing yourself over....as you say, A GAME

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Bryn Forbes has more 3s than our whole roster

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    At a minimum, a role card for Freddy. Nurse is using the jazz music analogy for free-flowing, improv offense. Not sure that idea actually works in principle, unless you have a high IQ PG like Lowry.
    Everybody except Lowry and Kawhi. Everybody else need a role and not do anything outside of it.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    At a minimum, a role card for Freddy. Nurse is using the jazz music analogy for free-flowing, improv offense. Not sure that idea actually works in principle, unless you have a high IQ PG like Lowry.
    Lol he’s trying to do jazz music with Kenny G when he really needs Miles Davis

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    FVV only plays well with Kyle cause Kyle puts FVV in his lane... otherwise he's a scrub.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Bring back Casey's role cards tbh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X