Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Do the Spurs play Aldridge and Poeltl at the same time? I always thought LMA was their center.

I watched a few Spurs games early in the season and Poeltl was getting glued to the bench. Sounds like Pop has more trust in him now.
    Usually they start Gay and LMA as their PF-C combo, but with Gay out last game, Poeltl started beside LMA. So I'd guess they do the same this game.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
      Kawhi is gonna guard demar all game right??

Michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Damn they gonna make 30 for 30 movie out of this? holy shit
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Damn they gonna make 30 for 30 movie out of this? holy shit
          Yes but instead theyll call it "7 for 30..the empty clip"

Comment

These Toronto reporters keeps asking the same ole cliche questions. Questions that they've already asked DeMar a couple of months ago. I want ALL these guys replaced.

Here's what i'd like to see them ask DeMar instead:

1. Do u still follow the Raptors?
            2. Do u know Kawhi? What do you think of his game and the whole situation with the Spurs last year?
            3. How is Yak fitting in with the Spurs?
            4. Siakam's evolution this year?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

DeMar is really no better an interview than Kawhi lol

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Also looks like Rudy is doubtful on their end. So matchups will look like:

White vs VanVleet
                Forbes vs Green
                DeMar vs Kawhi
                Aldridge vs Pascal
                Poeltl/Bertans vs Ibaka

Obviously the two key matchups are the ones with DeMar and LMA. Kawhi should smother DD but Aldridge will be tricky. Also Derrick White will have something of a size mismatch on FVV.
                To me, the key matchup is Pascal vs Aldridge if that's how they line up or Serge vs Aldridge. DeMar will get his, Kawhi will certainly get his but that's a big advantage Raptors as only only of them is capable of shutting down the other. Siakam needs to run Aldridge through the floor because he can't handle him physically.

-Miss you JV!
                Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jan 2, 2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

These Toronto reporters keeps asking the same ole cliche questions. Questions that they've already asked DeMar a couple of months ago. I want ALL these guys replaced.

Here's what i'd like to see them ask DeMar instead:

1. Do u still follow the Raptors?
                  2. Do u know Kawhi? What do you think of his game and the whole situation with the Spurs last year?
                  3. How is Yak fitting in with the Spurs?
                  4. Siakam's evolution this year?
                  Leave out question number 2. That's the same soap opera questions they're asking now imo.
                  #2 should be "What do you and the Spurs have to do to contain Kawhi Leonard (reference career game last night) and the emerging Pascal Siakam?

I'm surprised an idiot Toronto reporter hasn't asked Demar how's he's enjoying the San Antonio weather (currently 5 and rainy but 14 and partly sunny for tomorrow's game)

Comment

Toronto reporters are so bad. Grange is the king of cliche, Lewenberg is as homer as they come, Koreen tweets like he's a TMZ reporter. Smfh.

I only follow 1 Raptors reporter now and he's AMERICAN.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Also looks like Rudy is doubtful on their end. So matchups will look like:

White vs VanVleet
                      Forbes vs Green
                      DeMar vs Kawhi
                      Aldridge vs Pascal
                      Poeltl/Bertans vs Ibaka

Obviously the two key matchups are the ones with DeMar and LMA. Kawhi should smother DD but Aldridge will be tricky. Also Derrick White will have something of a size mismatch on FVV.
                      No Gay is great news for Kawhi. Spurs are either going to have to defend him with a guard or throw depth guys at him. Raps meanwhile have multiple plus defenders to throw at DeMar.

Still, SAS 15-5 at home and Raps still without Lowry, JV. It's going to be a challenge. Hoping for god-mode Kawhi.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Thing is, we've got like 6 guys we throw at DeMar: Green, Kawhi, Powell, OG, Pascal & Delon. And if it's a blowout, we can put CJ out there, just to be nice and let DD get a few freebies.

Comment

Comment

Forget Kawhi vs DeMar, I'm excited for Siakam vs Poeltl
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Unless that Canadian man is Jamaal magloire I think this the wrong thread

Comment

Im worried about giving up d boards. Serge better bring his a game poetl has a nose for o boards.

DD is gonna try to be a facilitator because he’ll be afraid to put it on the floor infront of kawhi. Steals will be big i suspect/hope siakam, kawhi and delon get about 10 steals

I love DD he is a super cool guy but this is basketball and kawhi is tha man

Comment

Working...
                                X