Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is a dark place after a bad loss. Man.

    Despite it all the raps have the most wins in the NBA and perhaps the easiest schedule in the NBA after this weekends games.

    3 point shooting is obviously a concern. Hopefully that corrects when a healthy Lowry comes back which puts FVV back in a place where he can be more successful. Hopefully we get a good sample of that in the next month before the trade deadline.

    Comment


    • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      This is a dark place after a bad loss. Man.

      Despite it all the raps have the most wins in the NBA and perhaps the easiest schedule in the NBA after this weekends games.

      3 point shooting is obviously a concern. Hopefully that corrects when a healthy Lowry comes back which puts FVV back in a place where he can be more successful. Hopefully we get a good sample of that in the next month before the trade deadline.
      That's right. It's one game. The common denominators here on this rough stretch of late is the lack of Lowry ad JV. The team severely misses all the intangibles that Lowry brings (the stuff that's taken for granted when he's on). When he's out, the offence is disjointed, and we either lose or win by sheer individual brilliance of Kawhi and/or Siakam. Need Lowry back in a hurry, he's vital to this team.
      ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

      Comment


      • sanyo wrote: View Post
        Can we make an excuse and say Kyle wasnt playing?!
        Spurs are playing without their All Defense PG Dejounte Murray - and future HoF Pau Gasol. So... no!

        Comment


        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          We're really quite screwed when Kawhi leaves (yes "when" not "if"). We have one guy (maybe 1.5) who looks like he can be a starter on a championship team long-term and that's Pascal (OG being the 50% uncertainty). Everyone else is either going to age out (Ibaka, Lowry, Green), isn't a starter in the modern game (JV) or isn't good enough (the rest).

          EDIT: Just want to add that I still think the Kawhi trade was an excellent trade, wanted it to happen before we did it and would do it again if we could. We were in an even more hopeless situation with DeMar. But we really still don't seem to have enough to get to the top, and I think Kawhi will see that come the summer.
          If he leaves Raptors will tank. You know this. I wouldn't say they are screwed. Just new direction.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • Comment


            • gk17 wrote: View Post
              Spurs are playing without their All Defense PG Dejounte Murray - and future HoF Pau Gasol. So... no!
              Not really sure Gasol counts for anything right now with where he's at in this stage of his career. It's like saying any loss Dallas suffers without Dirk doesn't count even though he is playing minimal minutes right now.

              Comment


              • Can't wait for Lowry and JV to return, we battle so much without them out there which is understandable given we're taken away 2 of our 5/6 starters.

                Comment


                • Geez, guys, it was a bad loss but it's the regular season and we're short-handed. Let's not go deciding to fire Nurse, lament Kawhi already leaving, and tearing the team down already.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • I blame Green for the PRE game Pops hug

                    Comment


                    • Yeah that sucked last night. Fred & Serge were terrible. Serge is shooting around 27% from 3 this year. I guess we can't call him a stretch big anymore.

                      Casey+DeMar are now 2-0 against the Raps. Masai must be hungover.

                      Comment


                      • Fine every player that "messed around" with DeMar
                        “It was fun. It was really fun,” said DeRozan after putting up his first career triple-double in a masterful performance against his old team. “[Playing the Raptors] wasn’t hard at all. I wasn’t nervous, it was really fun. Going out there, messing around with old teammates, messing around with them, it was definitely fun.”

                        Apologies to Kawhi:
                        “It’s frustrating just because [of the way] we are playing,” said Leonard. “It’s [like] any other game. We want to be better. We want the next game to be able to do the same thing every night that we step on this floor. We want to be a better team. We didn’t do a good job at all.”

                        Comment


                        • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Hopefully this game shows you guys that all the gloating and pettiness is really dumb.

                          DeMar was a Raptor for nine years. I understand people being disappointed in what he wasn't able to accomplish, but it's time to let it go. DeMar may not have been perfect, but he was our guy. Maybe we can show him a little respect going forward.
                          No respect I tell ya!


                          I just had the names in my post incorrect. DD was Rick James and Kawhi was Charlie Murphy. That's still Kyle in the back looking on.

                          Seriously though, my post was not a diss towards DeMar. i believed Kawhi and the Raps would come out just a little bit harder than they did... just a little bit. I don't care if the Pope and Dalai Lama are on the other team with Mother Teresa coaching and Ghandi running point, I want us to "five fingers to the face" everybody.
                          The Double Champ is here!
                          Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                          Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                          Comment


                          • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Hopefully this game shows you guys that all the gloating and pettiness is really dumb.

                            DeMar was a Raptor for nine years. I understand people being disappointed in what he wasn't able to accomplish, but it's time to let it go. DeMar may not have been perfect, but he was our guy. Maybe we can show him a little respect going forward.
                            This

                            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • To be honest, aside from it being in a triple double, if you had told me they were going to hold DeMar to 21 points, I'd have bet large that the Raptors had won.

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                To be honest, aside from it being in a triple double, if you had told me they were going to hold DeMar to 21 points, I'd have bet large that the Raptors had won.
                                As someone who's been a pretty significant DeMar fan over the years, I've been following the Spurs pretty closely this year. DeMar hasn't been the bellweather for the Spurs, he provides pretty consistent production, win or lose, and is rarely the reason for the Spurs winning or the reason for them losing.

                                The Spurs rely on two things to go right for them to win, the first is Aldridge. LaMarcus can shoot 20% in a game or 80%, if he's closer to the former they lose and the latter they win. The second is the defense, it can be great or awful. The Raptors got the good Spurs on both accounts last night. They should have been able to keep it closer, but missing 2 of their 4 or 5 most important players, the Raptors aren't good enough to beat "good Spurs."
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X