X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DerozansSpurs
    replied
    Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Beal's not happening. That would gut our current youth and future draft picks. An even bigger risk to take assuming Kawhi bolts at the end of the season.

The shopping around of another playmaker, while makes sense it also worries me about Kyle's actual health. I'm thinking his back is a lot more serious than expected.

Considering there is actually no point in CJ getting minutes if he's not hitting his shots, I'm all for trying to acquire Jamal Crawford from the Suns to help without second unit. I think playing here instead of rotting away in the Arizona desert would ignite some life and enthusiasm to not only him but the team.
    Jamal Crawford? No thanks.

If we're looking to trade with the Suns, TJ Warren might be someone to look at, though. Suns have wanted a point guard on their roster for the longest time too...

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Beal's not happening. That would gut our current youth and future draft picks. An even bigger risk to take assuming Kawhi bolts at the end of the season.

The shopping around of another playmaker, while makes sense it also worries me about Kyle's actual health. I'm thinking his back is a lot more serious than expected.

Considering there is actually no point in CJ getting minutes if he's not hitting his shots, I'm all for trying to acquire Jamal Crawford from the Suns to help without second unit. I think playing here instead of rotting away in the Arizona desert would ignite some life and enthusiasm to not only him but the team.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I actually read the Sporting News article. it's just a writer throwing sh!t against the wall. He said that he heard rumours that the Raps were interested in Beal.. but that rumour could have been a fan throwing sh!t against the wall themselves.

The purpose of the article is to see what the Raps can do to bring in a playmaker, and he starts off by using Beal as an example but indicates the Wizards are looking for 2 players and 2 picks, and not necessarily from the Raps specifically.

He also mentions Dallas' two backup guards (Barea and Harris) as well as Jeremy Lin from Atlanta.

I don't see Masai getting Beal. It's not a type of move I could see him making. Although Lin is intriguing. Makes $13M this year. Norm+Delon for Lin?

Lin is an expiring. Get's off Norm's long term deal. And we don't have to pay Delon next year as he's an RFA. Atlanta gets two prospects.

Lin is also shooting 38% this year from 3.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling nothing close to what we're discussing will come to fruition and we're all just pissing in the wind
    Same was said about every Masai trade ever made. Just saaaying. Lol

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Even if the Wiz would accept this trade, the picks will be why this deal won't happen
    Meaning what? Our picks our too low, or Masai won't give them up?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    For sure thats the deal Im hoping for. Even two picks would be fine. Have a feeling therell be a third team
    I have a feeling nothing close to what we're discussing will come to fruition and we're all just pissing in the wind

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    For sure thats the deal Im hoping for. Even two picks would be fine. Have a feeling therell be a third team
    Even if the Wiz would accept this trade, the picks will be why this deal won't happen

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Ibaka + OG + Draft Pick + any/all of CJ, Norm or Fred lol = we win the East, good shot at the holy grail and Kawhi stays.
    Even if he can somehow just pull this off and that's it = Masai Exec of the year.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Ibaka + Pascal Siakam + Draft Pick. Let's go
    Ibaka + OG + Draft Pick + any/all of CJ, Norm or Fred lol = we win the East, good shot at the holy grail and Kawhi stays.
    Even if he can somehow just pull this off and that's it = Masai Exec of the year.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    ^We werent hitting threes consistently even with lowry and JV. (Edit: Reply to keon)

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    ^We werent hitting threes consistently even with lowry and JV. (Edit: Reply to keon)
    Well, we were hitting them at a league average clip, and getting much more efficient scoring inside by Serge and JV. The 3 isn't the be all end all. We were getting 6 more assists, 3 more rebounds, 2 more steals...these things all matter

The Toronto Raptors were not the best team in the league because of the 3 point shot for the first 25 games. We were the best team in the league because of finding the BEST shots, and having a top 10 defense. The latter has halted, significantly.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    ^We werent hitting threes consistently even with lowry and JV.
    Exactly. Except maybe for Green. The only things that were consistent was an eeeeasy 26-30 points a night from JV+Serge and 2-3 easy transition buckets from Lowry to Pascal. That gave us a nice cushion every single night and propped up the offense, regardless of the 3P%.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Fri Jan 4th, 2019, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X