Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Kyles doing better than I expected! Kyrie being 3rd in the entire NBA in votes is ridiculous...and lol@ Wade. I guess it'll be another year of giving a starting spot to a geezer and making the weekend all about him..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Kyles doing better than I expected! Kyrie being 3rd in the entire NBA in votes is ridiculous...and lol@ Wade. I guess it'll be another year of giving a starting spot to a geezer and making the weekend all about him..
        I've never understood Kyrie's immense following. Is the Uncle Drew thing really that popular?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          I've never understood Kyrie's immense following. Is the Uncle Drew thing really that popular?
          Four things in chronological order: number one pick, Uncle Drew, LeBron halo, Celtics player

Plus he's a lot more flashy than someone fundamentally sound like Kyle

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            He was ON a fucking superteam. Pippen and Rodman were hall of fame level talents. Not to mention the 1996 team where they had those two and Kukoc coming off the bench along with a ton of excellent role players.

Even the earlier rendition of the Bulls had Pippen and Horace Grant. The year Jordan left they still won 50 games and were a game away from the ECF (and likely the finals since they lost in 7 to the best team in the east that year, the Knicks). Grant made the all-star team and Pippen finished 3rd in MVP voting.

So tired of people acting like Jordan played with a bunch of scrubs. Yeah he never joined a superteam, he didn't have to, he had one built around him. Not everyone has the luxury of their team drafting or trading well to put together a title contender.
            I don't have the energy to get into a big argument about this but the superteam term typically refers to bought not built teams. Also with multiple offensive stars. Horace Grant was hardly a star and role players mean nothing in this definition.

The modern superteam started with LeBron in Miami in 2010. The closest thing before that was the Celtics Big 3 but even they aren't considered a superteam because all three were past their prime.

And Golden State wasn't even talked about as a superteam before KD joined them in free agency. They were just a really amazing team built the right way.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
              lmao, i cant even

I actually think Kawhi is gonna make him cry tonight.

Demar "Yeah well we would have won if we had Lebron.... errrrr.... I mean Kawhi on our team....."
              Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jan 3, 2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

All star popularity-contest or reputation voting is ridiculous, exhibit A B and C....
                quitter-carter, Drummond, Dwyane Wade, Jermemy Lin, Cousins (who hasn't played yet), Derrick Rose, Lonzo Ball lol
                Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jan 3, 2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Is Kyle going to play tonight? Abbas what are your sources telling you?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Rookie Luka ahead of Snake KD lol

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                      Is Kyle going to play tonight? Abbas what are your sources telling you?
                      Abbas sources left the chat

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Four things in chronological order: number one pick, Uncle Drew, LeBron halo, Celtics player

Plus he's a lot more flashy than someone fundamentally sound like Kyle
                        I don't want to like him, but when you watch Kyrie play for a while - the way he scores is a lot of fun. A big part of basketball is just the wow factor of what these guys can do at the NBA level. Irving's got that.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Rookie Luka ahead of Snake KD lol
                          Luka deserves to be on the team imo.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            I actually think Kawhi is gonna make him cry tonight.

Demar "Yeah well we would have won if we had Lebron.... errrrr.... I mean Kawhi on our team....."
                            Rudy Gay has been upgraded to probable, so we'll see if Kawhi defends the bigger Rudy or smaller DeMar.

But hey if DeMar is so bad I'm sure Danny won't have a problem guarding him either.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I don't want to like him, but when you watch Kyrie play for a while - the way he scores is a lot of fun. A big part of basketball is just the wow factor of what these guys can do at the NBA level. Irving's got that.
                              Yeah it's why Vince was so popular even though he was nowhere near as effective as Duncan.

But for basketball purists there is something so fucking satisfying about watching a guy like Kawhi dismantle the Jazz the way he did the other night. I love showy dunks and fancy handles but smart basketball wins out every time for me.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                All star popularity-contest or reputation voting is ridiculous, exhibit A B and C....
                                quitter-carter, Drummond, Dwyane Wade, Jermemy Lin, Cousins (who hasn't played yet), Derrick Rose, Lonzo Ball lol
                                Why is it ridiculous? The all-star game is a fun event for the fans and corporate sponsors, well, mostly the corporate sponsors but at least a little bit for the fans. No one seriously believes that it represents the 24 best players or the 12 best from each conference. Fans get to support their home town players and favorites. The coaches and NBA can fill out the rest with deserving players. It's not a serious game and it's not a serious credential.

Comment

Working...
                                X