Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I've turned a whole lot of my friends and family who don't live in Toronto, into Raptors fans. You got some work to do, bro.

Celtics & Lakers bandwagonners, I understand. But how TF does somebody from Calgary cheer for the Blazers and the Jazz?
    I will agree that there are more and more Raps fans out here. That has really changed in the last 5 years or so. Almost like something has happened during that time.... Also, I confess that I am older than most people here and that the younger Calgary basketball fan base almost assuredly has a lot more Raps fans. Part of that may have to do with the fact that a lot of my generation has a visceral dislike for Hogtown.

Blazers are close. I was a huge Blazers fan until the Raps. The only reason that happened was cause I start moving all over the place and ended up our East during the early years and I always have a soft spot for underdogs/train wrecks. Jazz used to have a lot of fans cause of the Mormon connection in Southern Alberta. Don't know how true that is anymore.

Someone commented on the sold out Raps game here but I would disagree that indicates a huge Raptors fan base. A lot of that is just basketball fans starved for live games and sports fans in general hungry for something other than hockey. Lots of non-basketball fans were at those games.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      Lowry will surprise us, treatment of his back was last Friday...thats almost a week ago and doubtful that the injury is long term so we may see some BFF battle as a side show to the main plot.
      Kyle Lowry has been upgraded to questionable, per the Raptors. Have a hunch he’s going to play today. There’s little doubt Lowry will want to be on the court to go up against his best friend, DeMar DeRozan, in their first game as opponents since the trade.
      The Clawstradamus

Comment

• By the way, I am not sure RR nation read somewhere about the altercation between teammates Garrett Temple and Omri Casspi after the Grizzlies game.

I dont mind getting one of them for Miles...

Maybe Miles and Malachi for Temple and D. Brooks

Or

Miles and Malachi for Casspi and J. Green (though doubtful that Grizz would want to part ways with Jamychal)

Comment

The Clawstradamus
          Pretty easy call. If you've watched the Raptors long enough you know that Lowry loves the attention and validation, even if he despises the dumbass reporter questions and doesn't always perform well under the spotlight.

If he's even close to 50%, he's playing.

But booo/hiss to the Raps medical staff - they should have erred on the side of caution and made him stay at home until the Indy game.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Pretty easy call. If you've watched the Raptors long enough you know that Lowry loves the attention and validation, even if he despises the dumbass reporter questions and doesn't always perform well under the spotlight.

If he's even close to 50%, he's playing.

But booo/hiss to the Raps medical staff - they should have erred on the side of caution and made him stay at home until the Indy game.
            Hoping that he is fully healthy, let us see if he plays against the Bucks.

Comment

Hoping that he is fully healthy, let us see if he plays against the Bucks.
              If he doesnt play against Milwaukee it's actually ridiculous now. Let us not forget his defiant all star game showing in 2017...and then the philly game and now this.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that hes legit ready to return and it's a coincidence. But he better play Saturday now if he does dress tonight
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I know it's "just another game" but I'm getting fuckin stoked.

If this game's anywhere near what I'm hoping for I might watch it once live on the SN feed and then seek out the TNT version online and watch it again after.

I'm successfully keeping my expectations tempered here. lol

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  I know it's "just another game" but I'm getting fuckin stoked.

If this game's anywhere near what I'm hoping for I might watch it once live on the SN feed and then seek out the TNT version online and watch it again after.

I got called in to work for an emergency situation...I have to watch it on tape delay! PISSED
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I got called in to work for an emergency situation...I have to watch it on tape delay! PISSED

Comment

Lmao
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

If he doesnt play against Milwaukee it's actually ridiculous now. Let us not forget his defiant all star game showing in 2017...and then the philly game and now this.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that hes legit ready to return and it's a coincidence. But he better play Saturday now if he does dress tonight
                        Couldn't agree more.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Lowry is going to play tonight. He played against the Sixers in Philly.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            I know it's "just another game" but I'm getting fuckin stoked.

Probably the most anticipated game for me after the Warriors. So many points of interest: DD vs Kawhi, DD vs Kyle if he plays, Rudy vs Kawhi, Pascal vs LMA, Pascal vs Poeltl, two overlooked self-made guys in FVV vs White (no scholarships and played D2 for three years), and the one I think hasn't been talked about enough in Nurse vs Pop.

Really excited about the Nurse-Pop chess match.

Comment

• Kyle won't play tonight,

Comment

• wow bro big game and he sits out? Shit is serious. You know he wanted to play
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X