No announcement yet.

Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's game really shows what Lowry brings to the table..... and if you kept up with Lewenberg all day, you know Kyle wanted to play. He was taking shots, stretching, doing test with the medics, etc for hours before game time.... and yet, he was told he wasn't ready.

Lowry brings a sense of ease to both the starters & bench that Fred's lacked most of the year. I hope that with all the work he put in today that Lowry's close to coming back. We need him.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Nothings gonna change unless they add some real 3pt shooters.

I'm tired of watching OG and Wright and FVV and Powell and Miles chuck up 3's after 3's.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        You build your confidence in regular season. I'm tired of people acting like regular season doesn't matter.
        Yes and no. Like Kawhi said, regular season is kind of like practice. It matters, but mainly to build chemistry on the court. What's concerning is how dis-jointed the team looks on both ends. I know it's part of Nurse's 'unpredictable' free flowing jazz music philosophy, but jazz can sound like a whole lot of noise at times. That's exactly what it looks like right now: a bunch of disonant noise and then each player trying to take a solo.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Tonight's game really shows what Lowry brings to the table..... and if you kept up with Lewenberg all day, you know Kyle wanted to play. He was taking shots, stretching, doing test with the medics, etc for hours before game time.... and yet, he was told he wasn't ready.

Lowry brings a sense of ease to both the starters & bench that Fred's lacked most of the year. I hope that with all the work he put in today that Lowry's close to coming back. We need him.
          Well hopefully if he was close for this game, maybe he could be ready for one of our weekend games...

Comment

• Raptors' players three-point shooting:

Kyle Lowry: 40% last year, 33% this year

Danny Green: 36% last year, 40% this year

Kawhi Leonard: 38% in 16-17, 36% this year

Pascal Siakam: 22% last year, 35% this year

Serge Ibaka: 36% last year, 29% this year

Fred VanVleet: 41% last year, 36% this year

Delon Wright: 37% last year, 32% this year

Norman Powell: 29% last year, 33% this year

CJ Miles: 36% last year, 27% this year

OG Anunoby: 37% last year, 34% this year

Jonas Valanciunas: 40% last year, 30% this year

Team Overall: 36% last year (18th), 34% this year (24th)

That's three players (Green, Siakam and Powell) who have improved so far this year, while everyone else has regressed, some significantly so. This doesn't do much besides confirm the obvious eye test, but I wanted to check out the full numbers...for myself as much as anyone else
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Yes and no. Like Kawhi said, regular season is kind of like practice. It matters, but mainly to build chemistry on the court. What's concerning is how dis-jointed the team looks on both ends. I know it's part of Nurse's 'unpredictable' free flowing jazz music philosophy, but jazz can sound like a whole lot of noise at times. That's exactly what it looks like right now: a bunch of disonant noise and then each player trying to take a solo.
              Their half court offense is basically give it to Kawhi. Just 1 on 1.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                Nothings gonna change unless they add some real 3pt shooters.

I'm tired of watching OG and Wright and FVV and Powell and Miles chuck up 3's after 3's.
                FVV and Miles are real 3-pt shooters - at least until this year.

Comment

Nurse wants every player to be able to read the defense and then improvise. They're not getting the hang of it yet.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Funny how everybody wants JV traded every 10th game or so for the last 5 years...... apparently size and skill actually help to win basketball games.
                    I have never been on the trade JV train.

He's a dbl dbl machine when given the minutes and actually fed inside once in awhile. Lowry and DD virtually ignored him for long stretches and Casey evidently hated him, sitting him for long stretches after starting a game hot. Not sulking, actually the opposite off the bench and putting up high NBA PER numbers, lauded as a great teammate. Funny guy too.

Comment

So like the Lakers and Lebron....and OKC with Westbrook....or Houston with Harden....
                      There is more eh.... Portland and Lillard.....Look its not like isloation basketball is a rare thing in the league...
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        So like the Lakers and Lebron....and OKC with Westbrook....or Houston with Harden....
                        There is more eh.... Portland and Lillard.....Look its not like isloation basketball is a rare thing in the league...
                        The Bucks, Celtics and Warriors don't do that.

Those are the 3 biggest threats to our title chances.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          True. But this team is so predictable. And they had no idea what to do everytime Kawhi gets double teamed.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            The Bucks, Celtics and Warriors don't do that.

Those are the 3 biggest threats to our title chances.
                            cmon man... the celtics iso irving all the time.... its pretty much their offense in the 4th q....

to varrying degrees when they need a score the warriors clear out a side at the top of the key go to durant...
                            and its the all alphabet show when the Bucks are scuffling....

The point here is.... its a staple of the NBA.........
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jan 4, 2019, 01:01 AM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• The whole team spent the whole game clanking open 3's.

All this whining about the offence, the defence was porous that game. Easy transition buckets and layups.

What were Raps down at half, 16? Houston down 17 at half in Oakland.

I don't mind Raps playing the long game. Get healthy, get back in sync.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Raps have been boring and frustrating to watch since the west coast trip..

Comment

Working...
                                X