Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling nothing close to what we're discussing will come to fruition and we're all just pissing in the wind
    Same was said about every Masai trade ever made. Just saaaying. Lol

Comment

• I’m sure Masai wants to go all in and get a secondary scorer like Beal but he will assuredly wait until our guys are back in the fold so we don’t look as desperate. Then we’ll see what happens.

Comment

• I actually read the Sporting News article. it's just a writer throwing sh!t against the wall. He said that he heard rumours that the Raps were interested in Beal.. but that rumour could have been a fan throwing sh!t against the wall themselves.

The purpose of the article is to see what the Raps can do to bring in a playmaker, and he starts off by using Beal as an example but indicates the Wizards are looking for 2 players and 2 picks, and not necessarily from the Raps specifically.

He also mentions Dallas' two backup guards (Barea and Harris) as well as Jeremy Lin from Atlanta.

I don't see Masai getting Beal. It's not a type of move I could see him making. Although Lin is intriguing. Makes $13M this year. Norm+Delon for Lin?

Lin is an expiring. Get's off Norm's long term deal. And we don't have to pay Delon next year as he's an RFA. Atlanta gets two prospects.

Lin is also shooting 38% this year from 3.

Comment

• Beal's not happening. That would gut our current youth and future draft picks. An even bigger risk to take assuming Kawhi bolts at the end of the season.

The shopping around of another playmaker, while makes sense it also worries me about Kyle's actual health. I'm thinking his back is a lot more serious than expected.

Considering there is actually no point in CJ getting minutes if he's not hitting his shots, I'm all for trying to acquire Jamal Crawford from the Suns to help without second unit. I think playing here instead of rotting away in the Arizona desert would ignite some life and enthusiasm to not only him but the team.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
              Beal's not happening. That would gut our current youth and future draft picks. An even bigger risk to take assuming Kawhi bolts at the end of the season.

The shopping around of another playmaker, while makes sense it also worries me about Kyle's actual health. I'm thinking his back is a lot more serious than expected.

Considering there is actually no point in CJ getting minutes if he's not hitting his shots, I'm all for trying to acquire Jamal Crawford from the Suns to help without second unit. I think playing here instead of rotting away in the Arizona desert would ignite some life and enthusiasm to not only him but the team.
              Jamal Crawford? No thanks.

If we're looking to trade with the Suns, TJ Warren might be someone to look at, though. Suns have wanted a point guard on their roster for the longest time too...

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Your avatar is pointing right at the tweet and it's hilariously depressingly accurate
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Beal's not happening. That would gut our current youth and future draft picks. An even bigger risk to take assuming Kawhi bolts at the end of the season.
                  What's with this whole "gut our youth" narrative. Who exactly is this untouchable youth we're talking about here? They are decent role players, but they're all medium ceiling type guys, except maybe Pascal. Funny thing is Nurse's 'do your thing' approach is unintentionally exposing the true talent/skill level of our current roster.

The only real issue would be losing the draft picks if you're really hurting for a really quick rebuild. But still, you have to assume worst case that Kawhi is gone (i.e. family) and Lowry/Ibaka are traded right after that, so you can already get a few picks back. You could also still flip Beal for a 1st round pick and recover at least 1 pick back. The only young piece worth keeping long-term on this team is Siakam, IMO. Wright, FVV, OG, Powell, even Siakam were all late 1st rounders and lower, lest we forget.

So, if OG, Norm, FVV + Miles could get us Beal+Sato, for example..... that's a no-brainer, IMO.

We probably have Kawhi for only this year and Lowry hates Masai, so he's gone too and is breaking down anyway. So, if it ultimately costs us one 1st rounder and 2 extra years to re-build, so be it. I rather blow our wad now and take advantage of the opportunity we have this year, right now, rather than have blue balls because we were expecting OG turned into Kawhi-lite.

Comment

• nah I'm glad Raps didn't go for Butler. We already have Lowry to worry about.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Guys we are not sacrificing youth and future for Beal. Beal is 25 and under contract for two more years. He's younger than Delon Wright. Same age as Norm. He would become our future [Pause]

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

nah I'm glad Raps didn't go for Butler. We already have Lowry to worry about.
                        Butler is nuking each teams chemistry faster and faster at every stop he makes. He is the definition of tool. He wants to be one part MJ one part Kobe but he's just a cocky prick that is a top 25 player. Doesn't fly with millennials and Generation Y
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Butler is nuking each teams chemistry faster and faster at every stop he makes. He is the definition of tool. He wants to be one part MJ one part Kobe but he's just a cocky prick that is a top 25 player. Doesn't fly with millennials and Generation Y
                          Kumbaya Keon Kumbaya

Comment

Once upon a time, the Raptors had a cocky prick that challenged his coach and almost got traded. Masai straightened him out.

Comment

He wants to win and be the main guy doing it. He needs to choose one or the other.

Comment

• If Philly is willing to give him up, I'd still trade for him.

CJ+Norm for Jimmy

It's too bad BC isn't there anymore.. he'd throw in a first rounder too.

Comment

Working...
                                X