Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • magoon wrote: View Post
    The odds that Masai is going to do nothing are very low. Obviously he's trying to trade to improve the team. He's been trading to improve the team since basically day one and he pretty much wins every trade. The Bargnani trade, the Rudy trade, the Vasquez trade, Salmons for Lou Will, Ross for Ibaka, trash for PJ Tucker, the Kawhi trade. The only trade he hasn't won was giving Brooklyn a pick to get rid of DeMarre Carroll, but overall Masai has been extremely active and extremely successful as a trader.

    If there isn't a trade, it'll be because Masai decided that paying what other teams were asking for wasn't as good for the team as standing pat. He's proven time and again that he's a remarkably good trader. If the deal simply isn't available, then it isn't available. But if it is, he'll find a way to win it.

    Fair enough

    Comment


    • Our trade assets do kind of suck. CJ and OG have regressed. Everyone in our starting unit + JV is probably untouchable (unless the prize was AD of course). We would need one of Fred or Delon especially since Lowry's back is wonky. Delon makes hardly anything. No expiring contracts except for Green who's basically an untouchable. JV may be one but probably not.

      We can't offer any first round picks until 2021. And that pick will be expensive since we could have a trash team then.

      I get we want to see Masai make a move.. it's just going to be so hard.. especially when bad teams like Atlanta, NY, Memphis, NO etc want picks back.

      If Masai can do a CJ+Delon for Mirotic trade that would be awesome. But otherwise I could see us just waiting for the buy out market and hoping to hell Wes takes our offer (we can offer the most money compared to the other teams that are interested).

      Comment


      • If you haven't had a chance, read Tim's article on the RR Frontpage. It gives a great summary of the gap between "we should make a trade" and "this is the trade that makes us better"

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          Our trade assets do kind of suck. CJ and OG have regressed. Everyone in our starting unit + JV is probably untouchable (unless the prize was AD of course). We would need one of Fred or Delon especially since Lowry's back is wonky. Delon makes hardly anything. No expiring contracts except for Green who's basically an untouchable. JV may be one but probably not.

          We can't offer any first round picks until 2021. And that pick will be expensive since we could have a trash team then.

          I get we want to see Masai make a move.. it's just going to be so hard.. especially when bad teams like Atlanta, NY, Memphis, NO etc want picks back.

          If Masai can do a CJ+Delon for Mirotic trade that would be awesome. But otherwise I could see us just waiting for the buy out market and hoping to hell Wes takes our offer (we can offer the most money compared to the other teams that are interested).
          yet those band of wimps and miscreants you mention as being below grade "A" trade assets have helped in some way shape or form... to get this team to 39 up and 16 down ...Other than the Bucks and Warriors everyone else is staring up at the Raps and looking to improve....They are a lead pipe cinch for home court and the second round...they have a lot more value than you might think..either to to the raps as built.. or to a team looking to improve..
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 6th, 2019, 01:53 PM.

          Comment


          • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            My fingers hurt from all the f5iving.
            Just looking at the "1 new tweet" tabs. The alarm is Woj and Shams updating at the same time

            Comment


            • Sixers trade generates a lot of good buzz for them. I feel like they're going to fill their bench out with buyouts.

              They have to play the games, but right now, it feels like the Raptors will shot themselves out of the playoffs in the second round.

              Happy to be wrong.

              Also, Clippers are looking primed to make some moves. They have the assets for AD and the cap room to bid on a couple of Kawhi/KD/Kyrie.

              Comment


              • Yes but can you make a deal for one of these shooters that you can confidently say makes us better? Because I don't see it.

                That's where we get into making a trade for optics (ie for image/for fans) instead of being sure a trade actually makes us better. We can beat any team in the league as constructed, so yeah, getting a role player who may not even fit in or shoot well for us is not a "must-do".

                Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • People LOVE trades. It's something to chew on and almost more fun than the games. But theres no correlation between making deadline moves and playoff success. Jclaw posted the article a couple days ago illustrating it quite well
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • magoon wrote: View Post
                    The odds that Masai is going to do nothing are very low. Obviously he's trying to trade to improve the team. He's been trading to improve the team since basically day one and he pretty much wins every trade. The Bargnani trade, the Rudy trade, the Vasquez trade, Salmons for Lou Will, Ross for Ibaka, trash for PJ Tucker, the Kawhi trade. The only trade he hasn't won was giving Brooklyn a pick to get rid of DeMarre Carroll, but overall Masai has been extremely active and extremely successful as a trader.

                    If there isn't a trade, it'll be because Masai decided that paying what other teams were asking for wasn't as good for the team as standing pat. He's proven time and again that he's a remarkably good trader. If the deal simply isn't available, then it isn't available. But if it is, he'll find a way to win it.
                    Not sure you can say, "the price was too high" after you make the Kawhi trade.

                    Having said that, I imagine Masai makes a move, but as you say its the right one. I imagine he is reluctant to take on long term money and give up future picks.

                    Comment


                    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      Not any of us minions know what is exactly going on so I would assume that no here would pretend who is available or not. Unless you are that one poster that he is his own source .

                      What you read about Beal is the same thing as what I knew. Hwoever that can change in a heartbeat. Acquiring him without involving Pascal is a good move. But AD then Pascal is for sure be part of that package.

                      Not getting both but not addressing what they are deficient (ranked in the 20’s in 3 point shooting) for a contending team with title aspirations is irresponsible.

                      Moore
                      TJ Warren
                      Ariza
                      Mirotic

                      These guys can be had


                      Im also with you on acquiring players from the buy out market but no doubt the competition is stiff for the Wes Matthews of the world

                      Thus standing pat is just irresponsible especially of all the talk of Masai wanting to pursue the big prize. Lets be honest, this team is still a move or two away from getting there
                      100% agree on the bold.... If Ujiri can land one of Ariza or Mathews.. two rental vets with playoff experience.... then an anthony davis trade notwithstanding... a short term rental trade for 3 point shooting and vet experince at the trade deadline circus will be a big success.

                      Have to think that at this point in the season Ujiri has to like what he has... It gets better when you see that JV is coming back after a couple of months out of the lineup and he will add depth to the front line over Monroe and help the second unit immensely with a viable second scoring option .....If Uriiji sits the swap meet out that says he really likes the hand he has vs the competition.....

                      I know I do.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 6th, 2019, 02:09 PM.

                      Comment


                      • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Yes but can you make a deal for one of these shooters that you can confidently say makes us better? Because I don't see it.

                        That's where we get into making a trade for optics (ie for image/for fans) instead of being sure a trade actually makes us better. We can beat any team in the league as constructed, so yeah, getting a role player who may not even fit in or shoot well for us is not a "must-do".

                        Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                        Envisioning Kawhi getting blitzed and tripled team but has the awareness and confidence that he has a .380 to .400 shooter waiting in the wings when Danny is riding the pine is nice for optics .

                        But seriously, getting another dead eye shooter to complement the skillset of Kawhi who commands triple attention especially in the playoffs is a prudent move, isnt it?

                        Up to Nurse and Kawhi now to make that happen. They have that player or two at their disposal vs. two 28% to 30% clunker

                        Comment


                        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          100% agree on the bold.... If Ujiri can land one of Ariza or Mathews.. two rental vets with playoff experience.... then an anthony davis notwithstanding... a short term rental trade for 3 point shooting and vet experince at the trade deadline circus will be a success.

                          Have to think that at this point in the season Ujiri has to like what he... Its get better when you see that JV is coming back after a couple of months out of the lineup who will add depth to the front line and help the second unit immensely....
                          Ariza is a proven playoff performer. Imagine Ariza for OG?

                          Comment


                          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            yet those band of wimps and miscreants you mention as being below grade "A" trade assets have helped in some way shape or form... to get this team to 39 up and 16 down ...Other than the Bucks and Warriors everyone else is staring up at the Raps and looking to improve....They are a lead pipe cinch for home court and the second round...they have a lot more value than you might think..either to to the raps as built.. or to a team looking to improve..
                            We have decent players but bad tradeable assets in my opinion. Teams that are bad are looking for prospects, picks or expiring contracts. But in order to make a deal happen for a serviceable player we need salary to match.

                            Kawhi is definitely untouchable
                            Delon, OG make too little.
                            Kyle, Danny, Serge, JV are all probably untouchable unless we get a huge upgrade (like AD)
                            Siakam is our best prospect.. again need a game changer to move him
                            CJ is really bad (maybe negative value)
                            Moose, Boucher, Malachi, Loyd, McCaw will have no value and make way too little.

                            Earliest FRP pick we can give is in 2021 but it's expensive since we could be a bad team then.

                            That leaves Fred and Norm. Both have bigger money deals but neither are expiring. Nurse loves Fred. Kawhi's mom loves Norm's mom.

                            Just saying our "trade" tool kit is not that great.

                            If Masai can pull off a trade with these assets than that would be great.. I'm just not holding my breath.

                            Comment


                            • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                              Ariza is a proven playoff performer. Imagine Ariza for OG?
                              I am thinking Ariza for a 2nd and an expiring like Richardson is in the price range....Ariza is a rental and the Wiz with Wall and his 40M$ cap hit landing but Wall being on the shelf for the next couple years... that the Wiz are looking for cap relief in anyway they can find it with any low cost talent upgrade they can get......

                              So a low cost pick and taking away more luxury tax is something Ernie would look at.... His team isn't going anywhere this year after all..
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 6th, 2019, 02:14 PM.

                              Comment


                              • would FRED, DELON, CJ + 2-second rounders be enough for LAVINE?

                                we would get a high energy player off the bench who can attack the rim and a successor for lowry after 2020.

                                could he be moved? is he too soft?

                                Ariza, Warren, Moore, or Matthews would also be sufficiently competent moves if we can't lock in a player like Beal or AD imo.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X