Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    We have decent players but bad tradeable assets in my opinion. Teams that are bad are looking for prospects, picks or expiring contracts. But in order to make a deal happen for a serviceable player we need salary to match.

    Kawhi is definitely untouchable
    Delon, OG make too little.
    Kyle, Danny, Serge, JV are all probably untouchable unless we get a huge upgrade (like AD)
    Siakam is our best prospect.. again need a game changer to move him
    CJ is really bad (maybe negative value)
    Moose, Boucher, Malachi, Loyd, McCaw will have no value and make way too little.

    Earliest FRP pick we can give is in 2021 but it's expensive since we could be a bad team then.

    That leaves Fred and Norm. Both have bigger money deals but neither are expiring. Nurse loves Fred. Kawhi's mom loves Norm's mom.

    Just saying our "trade" tool kit is not that great.

    If Masai can pull off a trade with these assets than that would be great.. I'm just not holding my breath.
    man og has such immense trade value last year and it's plummeted overnight.

    Comment


    • Now the Raptors are on the clock. If they’re going to counter Philadelphia’s move, upgrading their roster and sending a message to Leonard in the process, they have until the 3 p.m. ET trade deadline on Thursday afternoon to do so.
      That may have been the plan regardless. The Raptors have been among the league’s most aggressive teams in the days leading up to the deadline, multiple sources tell TSN.

      And why wouldn’t they be? You don’t trade your franchise player (DeMar DeRozan) for a top-5 calibre talent (Leonard) on a one-year deal only to get complacent now. President Masai Ujiri and general manager Bobby Webster see this season as a window of opportunity for the franchise, and are likely operating accordingly.
      https://www.tsn.ca/talent/raptors-on...mpression=true

      Comment


      • Yes but can you make a deal for one of these shooters that you can confidently say makes us better? Because I don't see it.

        That's where we get into making a trade for optics (ie for image/for fans) instead of being sure a trade actually makes us better. We can beat any team in the league as constructed, so yeah, getting a role player who may not even fit in or shoot well for us is not a "must-do".

        Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Holy shit. The 6ers are now the teamto beat in the conference.

          Embiid
          Harris
          Butler
          JJ
          Simmons

          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
            Ariza is a proven playoff performer. Imagine Ariza for OG?
            Why in god's name would we trade a young prospect on a rookie deal for an expiring almost 34 year old? Gross.

            Comment


            • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              Envisioning Kawhi getting blitzed and tripled team but has the awareness and confidence that he has a .380 to .400 shooter waiting in the wings when Danny is riding the pine is nice for optics .

              But seriously, getting another dead eye shooter to complement the skillset of Kawhi who commands triple attention especially in the playoffs is a prudent move, isnt it?

              Up to Nurse and Kawhi now to make that happen. They have that player or two at their disposal vs. two 28% to 30% clunker
              white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Yes but can you make a deal for one of these shooters that you can confidently say makes us better? Because I don't see it.

              That's where we get into making a trade for optics (ie for image/for fans) instead of being sure a trade actually makes us better. We can beat any team in the league as constructed, so yeah, getting a role player who may not even fit in or shoot well for us is not a "must-do".

              Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
              This is funny, no offense but are you a bot?

              I think i already responded to the same post

              Now im losing my mind. Trade deadlinitis accompanied by confusion/ disorientation and panic attacks.

              Comment


              • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Why in god's name would we trade a young prospect on a rookie deal for an expiring almost 34 year old? Gross.
                I would suggest waivers.

                Comment


                • What a bad year to be hit by the injury bug. I don't know how many games have been missed by starters and primary back-up's but you have to think if everyone was healthy we'd have won enough games to still be in first, and that probably eliminates some of this feeling of "we need to make a trade".

                  Comment


                  • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                    Ariza is a proven playoff performer. Imagine Ariza for OG?
                    Jesus christ
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      What a bad year to be hit by the injury bug. I don't know how many games have been missed by starters and primary back-up's but you have to think if everyone was healthy we'd have won enough games to still be in first, and that probably eliminates some of this feeling of "we need to make a trade".
                      Yep exactly. When healthy we're the best team in the east and JV may be the best deadline acquisition in the east.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • Masai needs to make a move. A splash to counter what the 6ers did. Right now he is being outsmarted by a rookie GM in Philly who was a player just a couple of yrs ago.
                        Mamba Mentality

                        Comment


                        • Fury wrote: View Post
                          Masai needs to make a move. A splash to counter what the 6ers did. Right now he is being outsmarted by a rookie GM in Philly who was a player just a couple of yrs ago.
                          Out smarted how?

                          Comment


                          • Fury wrote: View Post
                            Masai needs to make a move. A splash to counter what the 6ers did. Right now he is being outsmarted by a rookie GM in Philly who was a player just a couple of yrs ago.
                            How did he get outsmarted? What does masai have to do with a Sixers clippers trade that west and the clippers clearly won?

                            Raptors took 6ers lunch money at wells Fargo for what the 3rd time this year? Fine get harris to take some of Embiids shots. We have JV taking monroes minutes and shots. We are still the 6ers daddy
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • Team Rankings in 3 point shooting

                              Warriors - 3rd
                              Indiana - 5th
                              Boston - 6th
                              Sixers - 8th (will probably improve with the addition of Tobias .400 average)
                              Bucks - 15th (but at high volume)

                              Raps - 22nd

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Yep exactly. When healthy we're the best team in the east and JV may be the best deadline acquisition in the east.
                                We shouldn't be aiming to just win the east though. We should be aiming to win it all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X