2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    It was thrown around TIME AFTER TIME whenever someone defended DeRozan, and now it's suddenly not allowed?

Dude is averaging 14ppg on league average TS% and people are still out here in his thread saying it would've been dumb to trade him for Kyrie. Like let's fucking wake up a bit as a collective here.
    Setting aside the merits of a Kyle for Kyrie trade, the reason people remain pro-Kyle is because, unlike DeMar, his on/off and real plus minus numbers have remained stellar even when his shot isn't falling. This isn't rocket science: there is lots of evidence that Kyle positively affects the Raptors' play even in a reduced state. Any argument for trading him at this point has to take that into account, as well as consider the potential disruption to the team's play that might happen by trading their primary playmaker.

Comment

• MU striking the fear of complacency in KLOE?

Comment

• Conley going to push Lowry out of another team...

Not sure I want Conley. Hes better than Lowry, but Conley has 1 more year than Lowry's contract and its at 30+ million.

Comment

• I think playing with Conley/Gasol would be a lot like playing with Parker/Duncan for Kawhi.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

So we finally have a clue who the Memphis leaker might be - Mike Conley Sr, who happens to be the agent of Mike Conley Jr.

Comment

I think playing with Conley/Gasol would be a lot like playing with Parker/Duncan for Kawhi.
              IIRC the year that Kawhi won finals MVP, Parker and Duncan were on their last leg. Duncan was only a defensive force.

Comment

• Dads run the NBA now.

Comment

I think playing with Conley/Gasol would be a lot like playing with Parker/Duncan for Kawhi.
                  The similarities are definitely there, but can Gasol stay on the floor against modern NBA death lineups in the 4th quarter? I thought he got benched by Fizdale and then Gasol forced him out because of stuff like that.

Comment

• FYI to the lazy people who are unsure if player A is better than player B. Literally takes a minute to find out to validate your opinion.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

Lowry who does more than the typical player when hes useless on offense (see Derozan) is getting outplayed by Conley this season. Its not even close by traditional measurements and the advanced metrics also back that.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      Dads run the NBA now.
                      For real. Dads, moms, childhood friends, uncles, etc.... Vince Carter and his mom were way ahead of their time.

Comment

• I don't envy Masai at this deadline. If he does Lowry/Conley it has to be, because he doesn't believe Kyle's back is right, and he's not going to let this season go down the toilet, even if he has to do something he otherwise wouldn't do.

Comment

• maybe suns want to deal Ellington for a 1 for 1 ?
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Agent Mark Bartelstein is working with the Suns to waive guard Wayne Ellington and allow him to join a playoff contender, league sources tell ESPN. Ellington is arriving with Tyler Johnson from Miami in the trade for Ryan Anderson.
                            Malachi’s spot?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Malachi’s spot?
                              that what I was thinking. hopefully
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                FYI to the lazy people who are unsure if player A is better than player B. Literally takes a minute to find out to validate your opinion.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

Lowry who does more than the typical player when hes useless on offense (see Derozan) is getting outplayed by Conley this season. Its not even close by traditional measurements and the advanced metrics also back that.
                                Not all the advanced stats. I've been following the PIPM impact stats more and more these days (upgrade to RPM). Lowry and Conley are in a dead heat, with Conley being more of a 2-way player and Lowry being more of the offensive catalyst.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...syE/edit#gid=0

Comment

Working...
                                X