No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t love the idea of trading for Conley, seems like a lateral move. Maybe a slight upgrade due to Lowry’s struggles. I think trading Lowry would upset the team dynamic too much. if it’s for a bigger piece like in a three team trade for AD I think the point would be moot.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Lowry - Green - Kawhi - Siakam - Ibaka/JV

That’s also a great team.
      Much better, actually. Conely is good, Lowry is better. Gasol is done, Ibaka is more or less just as good. JV is much better than either.

No idea what people see in Conely and Gasol.

Comment

• People here only go by eye test. But sure we can go with that... I always see Lowry DNP - Back.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
          Much better, actually. Conely is good, Lowry is better. Gasol is done, Ibaka is more or less just as good. JV is much better than either.

No idea what people see in Conely and Gasol.
          Odd no GM has called Masai to ask about A JV trade.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Odd no GM has called Masai to ask about A JV trade.
            How would we know?

Comment

• The way Masai has tried to trade him the last few years you don't think JV would be gone by now if there were offers? I mean he's of a higher caliber than Gasol and Ibaka right? Surely there must have been some decent offers.

Comment

• Warming up to the idea of Conley for Lowry. I always thought of him as just a floor general, but checking his stats and I didn't realize Conley's had 30 games over 20pts this year and 13 times over 25pts. That's exactly the kind of consistent scoring we need from one of our starting guard spots. He's just as good a floor general as Lowry and Conley is much better defensively. He's a year and half younger than Lowry, which becomes significant once you get over 30. The extra year at 30M is scary, but what free agents are we getting to come here with cap space anyway?

They're pretty much doppelgangers, with Conley being the better scorer/defender and not showing obvious signs of decline like Lowry yet.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  The way Masai has tried to trade him the last few years you don't think JV would be gone by now if there were offers? I mean he's of a higher caliber than Gasol and Ibaka right? Surely there must have been some decent offers.
                  Really? If the current crop of NBA decision makers have any one unifying trait it is that they are all undervaluing size right now. I've been saying for YEARS that JV has way more value to the team than in trade because traditional bigs have garbage trade value across the league right now, in spite of them actually still being very valuable in basketball terms.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Warming up to the idea of Conley for Lowry. I always thought of him as just a floor general, but checking his stats and I didn't realize Conley's had 30 games over 20pts this year and 13 times over 25pts. That's exactly the kind of consistent scoring we need from one of our starting guard spots. He's just as good a floor general as Lowry and Conley is much better defensively. He's a year and half younger than Lowry, which becomes significant once you get over 30. The extra year at 30M is scary, but what free agents are we getting to come here with cap space anyway?

They're pretty much doppelgangers, with Conley being the better scorer/defender and not showing obvious signs of decline like Lowry yet.
                    Conley is the opposite of a floor general. He's always been a scoring guard with decent playmaking - very much in the vein of Lowry.

And if people are mad about Lowry's shooting this year, just wait until they see how similar Conley's efficiency is to Lowry's this year. He's just using more possessions to get higher raw scoring numbers.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      How could a guy who would land in the top 1% of the top quartile for motor reflexes possibly put himself in a position to simply fall down and pop his achilles ? You just have to wonder eh ?

You think that helps on the ice, in the shower, trip on the stairs, over some kids toys, the dog? Once you're going down you're going down, athlete or not. It's one of the reasons they call it an accident
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Feb 7, 2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Jurisdiction of Jonas is worse than the District of DeRozan at this point.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          How could a guy who would land in the top 1% of the top quartile for motor reflexes possibly put himself in a position to simply fall down and pop his achilles ? You just have to wonder eh ?

Yeah let's get racist and assume he was on drugs of some kind and couldn't possibly have had an actual accident.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Jurisdiction of Jonas is worse than the District of DeRozan at this point.
                            Man I miss McHappy.. it's to bad he's gone.

District of DeRozan was some funny sh!t.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Yeah let's get racist and assume he was on drugs of some kind and couldn't possibly have had an actual accident.
                              How is that racist? White guys can get high on drugs too.

Comment

• Good morning everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X