• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawhisexual
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post
    marcgasolisthirtyfouryearsoldJVistwentysixyearsold whataretheythinking
    yup.... this deal makes no sense...

desperate attempt to win now but sets us back significantly after that 'win now'

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Yeah 22-14 that results in no winning like Enes on the Knicks or Vucevic in Orlando.
    or less but gasol on the grizz?

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    Gasol's got a player option for next year he's gonna pick up. As of right now books should still be clean for summer 2020
    Do we know for a fact Gasol will pick it up?!

BTW he is coming over with a hand injury.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post
    all the old dudes on this forum are doing jumping jacks right now, bet
    No I'm eating junk food

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Also this tells me the original talks as I suspected were because masai wanted Gasol more than Conley. The Lowry Conley portion of the deal was a hang up

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Oh so are we still 4th in the east? Curious gifted one
    Weren't you making up stories about Lowry just a couple of days ago?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    I feel like a chance to compete for an NBA finals berth, and sharing minutes with Ibaka should help Gasol find the fountain of youth for this year's playoff run. Grit & Grind North. Let's gooooo.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    Better than everything is all sunshine and rainbows.

I just call it the way i see it.

If they don't make a move, this team will get destroyed by the Sixers or the Celtics in the 2nd round.
    Yeah, the thing is you don't know that. They said the same thing about the Sixers when they got Butler (that they would dominate the regular seasons and playoffs), and yet here they are as far to the 1st seed as they are to the 6th. People were saying the Celtics would win 67 games, and dominate too when Hayward and Kyrie come back. Didn't happen.

The point is this all theoretical advantages that didn't translate to the court. New players need to be integrated, we're seeing that ourselves too. Let the games be played. It could very well be that they will beat us in the playoffs, all the top 4 teams in the East are close enough to each other that any of them could beat the other 3 in in seven games, but no one knows that. And that's the whole point. Anointing one of the other before the games are played because of a role player trade looks reactionary.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Gasol is 34! That’s like, really old for a big guy who can’t turn his head and loses feeling in his hand!

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    all the old dudes on this forum are doing jumping jacks right now, bet

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The gasol name still carries a lot of clout and could go a ways to helping convince Kawhi this roster is nice next season
    That's a good point. Maybe Kawhi wants to hang back for one more year now.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Well, I sure hope Gasol is way better here for a contending team than he's been on MEM. Does he come off the bench?
    My first thought was they will move Siakam to the bench.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Is Gasol good at boxing out? He might have bad individual rebounding numbers but is he wired like the Lopez brothers where his goal is to try and get the team a rebound as oppose to inflate personal numbers?

If so than I don't think rebounding will be a concern. Siakam and Kawhi are great at crashing the boards. Kawhi especially.
    No doubt Marc’s BBIQ is up to the roof, he can just tip in the loose ball to his teammates. I think he is very good st that

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Oh so are we still 4th in the east? Curious gifted one
    They still need shooters.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

The gasol name still carries a lot of clout and could go a ways to helping convince Kawhi this roster is nice next season

Leave a comment:

Working...
X