2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Like you said...we're not even on his list of preferred destinations and we've been one of the best and most stable franchises for the last 5-6 years. Whether it's because we're not a year round warm climate city or because we're not in the states, Toronto isn't going to be the first option for top tier free agents. If you want a championship then you have to acquire those players by any means necessary.
    Yeah, but not when you know or are 99% sure they don’t want to be here. The idea of selling AD and Kawhi on staying is not my idea of sound team building. Have at it, though. Just not my thing and diminishes my view of the organization, which seemed to be trending in a different direction.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Tbh I'd maybe be a little hesitant to move for AD if we were still rolling like October November. But now the chemistry kind of sucks as it is..

Worst case scenario if we got him is probably the chemistry never comes together and we win enough games on talent alone to go to the 2nd or 3rd round. But that's basically where we are today as it is..and I think the best case scenario (or celing) is more likely to go higher than it is now
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Most analysts are saying that those 3 extra teams were selected by Rich Paul because they either didn't have the assets to acquire AD (Bucks) or they were keeping cap-space open for somebody else (Clippers/Kawhi & Knicks/KD/Kyrie). In other words, Rich Paul's list was BS.
        I didn't hear about that...seems dangerous though.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
          Yeah, but not when you know or are 99% sure they don’t want to be here. The idea of selling AD and Kawhi on staying is not my idea of sound team building. Have at it, though. Just not my thing and diminishes my view of the organization, which seemed to be trending in a different direction.
          Fair enough.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Tbh I'd maybe be a little hesitant to move for AD if we were still rolling like October November. But now the chemistry kind of sucks as it is..

Worst case scenario if we got him is probably the chemistry never comes together and we win enough games on talent alone to go to the 2nd or 3rd round. But that's basically where we are today as it is..and I think the best case scenario (or celing) is more likely to go higher than it is now
            Very under-rated point. On-court chemistry is actually one of the few reasons why I wouldn't do the AD trade. We keep hearing the players (FVV, Green, etc...) talk about how the team needs more structure, and JV mentioned it again yesterday. That seems to be an indirect shot at the coaching staff.

Trying to integrate and get value out of a high usage offensive players is one of the hardest things to do and the Raps can't even get Lowry and Kawhi on the same page after 50+ games, when Kawhi is on paper, a plug & play upgrade to DeRozan. Adding AD to the mix could end up like the Lowry/Derozan/Gay fustercluck over again. And that would be on Nurse.

Comment

• Sounds like you're saying we need Casey back

Comment

• Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Sounds like you're saying we need Casey back

Comment

• that's some impressive photoshopping

Comment

• Ok well either way I dont care.

Kawhi and AD in raptor unis Id think Im dreaming.

But at the same time I dont care for a player that doesnt even want to be here. Kawhi is different he seems more open about where he’ll go. Our package is of course reasonable because we’re giving them solid players and one potential all-star. Lowry is an important cog on this team maybe most important cog and that issue wont go away with Davis. Doesnt matter where Davis goes with a little tweaking Im confident with the crew we have. Also I think its presumptuous thinking Kawhi would prefer Davis over Pascal et all. Pascall could be a raptor all-star — for life! And if the experiment fails we got nothin. Rebuild with no picks on the hotizon? At least seats will be cheaper.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Very under-rated point. On-court chemistry is actually one of the few reasons why I wouldn't do the AD trade. We keep hearing the players (FVV, Green, etc...) talk about how the team needs more structure, and JV mentioned it again yesterday. That seems to be an indirect shot at the coaching staff.

Trying to integrate and get value out of a high usage offensive players is one of the hardest things to do and the Raps can't even get Lowry and Kawhi on the same page after 50+ games, when Kawhi is on paper, a plug & play upgrade to DeRozan. Adding AD to the mix could end up like the Lowry/Derozan/Gay fustercluck over again. And that would be on Nurse.
                        Except they've only played together for only ~half the games.....never 10 games in a row even

Comment

• Now with the latest news that Wall will be out for 12 months following Achilles Tendon repair, thus no hope of an early return and definitely Wiz with very slim chance of grabbing the last spot...will they lower their ask for Beal?

Maybe they will change their minds prior to Feb.7.

Masai can call again and not include Pascal

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Now with the latest news that Wall will be out for 12 months following Achilles Tendon repair, thus no hope of an early return and definitely Wiz with very slim chance of grabbing the last spot...will they lower their ask for Beal?

For a guy that will be lucky to be a shell of himself a year or longer for now?

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              For a guy that will be lucky to be a shell of himself a year or longer for now?
                              He means Beal. Good question, though. We're seeing the market for AD, what's a fair price for Beal?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Now with the latest news that Wall will be out for 12 months following Achilles Tendon repair, thus no hope of an early return and definitely Wiz with very slim chance of grabbing the last spot...will they lower their ask for Beal?

Dont think this changes anything for the wiz. Their closer to the playoffs now then when wall went down. Their not gonna move beal. They should but they wont the owners gonna be rising high off thay capitals stanley cup for the next 5 years. He would rather have 2 games of playoff income then start a rebuild. Washington peaked and now will slowly fizzle out till beals contract is done and wall is a even more of a negative asset
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X