2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    He means Beal. Good question, though. We're seeing the market for AD, what's a fair price for Beal?
    You have to take John Wall contract with you, possibly the worst contract in NBA history.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      You have to take John Wall contract with you, possibly the worst contract in NBA history.

Then, hell no. It was a bad contract with Wall fully healthy. How do you even make any roster moves with that albatross?

Comment

• They could always stretch it.. Waive him to the tune of an $18.9M cap hit for the next 9 years instead of a $42M cap hit for the next 4. Good luck Washington!

Comment

Very under-rated point. On-court chemistry is actually one of the few reasons why I wouldn't do the AD trade. We keep hearing the players (FVV, Green, etc...) talk about how the team needs more structure, and JV mentioned it again yesterday. That seems to be an indirect shot at the coaching staff.

Trying to integrate and get value out of a high usage offensive players is one of the hardest things to do and the Raps can't even get Lowry and Kawhi on the same page after 50+ games, when Kawhi is on paper, a plug & play upgrade to DeRozan. Adding AD to the mix could end up like the Lowry/Derozan/Gay fustercluck over again. And that would be on Nurse.
          Davis is not a traditional high usage player. Like Kawhi, I don't think he necessarily needs the ball to be dominant. Gay and DD need the ball in their hands to play well (DD moreso than Gay).

I think this is the window, right now. You add AD, field a full squad for the majority of the final two months here and work through the kinks. Or you go for Beal.

Because if our goal is a championship we're not there yet. If our goal is an eastern finals berth then we can just sit around and hope for the best.

Comment

LOL, well they did have more structure under Casey...role cards and all.

If they do land AD, how do things change from a coaching aspect? It's just going to be more reliance on talent to win games.

Comment

• Holy shit. We offered Kyle and JV for Conley and Gasol.

Comment

• Comment

• I tried to reply with quote to everyone that helped point that out.

Got it now, thanks

AD and Beal, now were talking.

Comment

• wow I'm not even sure that's upgrade.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Value pegging?

Comment

• Gasol is not good

Comment

• im not sure if this would help

Comment

• Comment

• Wait what? Lowry/JV for Conley/Gasol is a bad trade
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                Value pegging?
                                Hopefully it's Memphis leaking and trying to get better deals

Comment

Working...
                                X