2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Ted Leonsis, the owner of the Wizards, decided to put out a statement basically saying that he would never tank. So I guess that means he's not going to be trading Beal (or Wall) anytime soon.

Translation: we'll still suck, we just wont try to suck.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Not saying he isn't overpaid and SF isn't a need of ours, but no way he's one of the worst contracts.
      Idk man the length of it is pretty crippling to a team where he would probably be the 4th best player
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        We are a legit contender with one more offensive player who can create their own shot. Doesn’t have to be an all star but a borderline guy would suffice.

I think this is the year to go after it.

Jeff Teague has been thrown around and I could see him being an excellent fit. Who are other getable guys that wouldn’t deplete our depth?

Untouchable: Kawhi, Siakam, Kyle(unless it’s a massive upgrade)
        Thoughts on Derrick Rose? Not sure how long his shooting numbers will stay this high, but he has basically been what we hoped FVV would be from what I've seen. I don't imagine he fits with Minnesota long term, so they'd probably be fine with Wright + second rounder. This is the move I think I'd like to see, won't be a big adjustment to insert Rose as a 6 man, and brings more playmaking.

One thing is I imagine Rose is a total rental, I imagine he gets overpaid by a team like the Pacers.
        Last edited by DogeLover1234; Sat Jan 19, 2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Guys like Jeff Teague and Derrick Rose are not worth bothering with. They don't fill needs and they would potentially disrupt our chemistry.

In my opinion we should either go big (Beal) or small (situational shooter), nothing in between.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Idk man the length of it is pretty crippling to a team where he would probably be the 4th best player
            I think Porter is a lot better than you give him credit for. But we each value players differently.

I see a great 3 and D player that is low maintenance and doesn't need the ball to be effective. A crunch time lineup of Porter, Kawhi, Lowry, Siakam and Green or Serg. would be amazing!

Yes he's overpaid, but this is the year to make a push. If we keep Kawhi we won't have the money to go get a player of his caliber next year. We have Kyle, JV and Serg expiring the summer of 2020. He's also 25 and available due to his contract. And keep in mind Washington hasn't been the best environment to play in.

Derrick Rose is okay, I would rather get a guy that will be around and has upside. But definitely a cheap option.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              I think Porter is a lot better than you give him credit for. But we each value players differently.

I see a great 3 and D player that is low maintenance and doesn't need the ball to be effective. A crunch time lineup of Porter, Kawhi, Lowry, Siakam and Green or Serg. would be amazing!

Yes he's overpaid, but this is the year to make a push. If we keep Kawhi we won't have the money to go get a player of his caliber next year. We have Kyle, JV and Serg expiring the summer of 2020. He's also 25 and available due to his contract. And keep in mind Washington hasn't been the best environment to play in.

Derrick Rose is okay, I would rather get a guy that will be around and has upside. But definitely a cheap option.
              I thought one of the rumours early in the season with the Wiz struggles was that Porter was upset about not having a big enough role and thought he deserved more shots.

He should be a 3 and D guy, but if he sees himself as more, that's a big problem. If he thinks he does need the ball he's not going to be a good fit at all.

Comment

• He probably said that because Washington was shit Im sure hed be content not being a high volume guy here.

I like Rose better though.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Guys like Jeff Teague and Derrick Rose are not worth bothering with. They don't fill needs and they would potentially disrupt our chemistry.

In my opinion we should either go big (Beal) or small (situational shooter), nothing in between.
                  Haven't really known Rose to be bad in the locker room unless you're suggesting with the chemistry of players just having to learn to play with him? In which case, still a decent chunk of the season to do so if that happened.

In terms of fit, you're probably right though. Pros are he's someone that can create his own shots and has a good 3 point % but not sure he really brings the rest of the team into the game which is sort of the problem we currently have with Freddy and he's body is pretty fragile.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I thought one of the rumours early in the season with the Wiz struggles was that Porter was upset about not having a big enough role and thought he deserved more shots.

He should be a 3 and D guy, but if he sees himself as more, that's a big problem. If he thinks he does need the ball he's not going to be a good fit at all.
                    And then you hear other reports that they have to talk him into taking more shots. You hear two sides of it. Washington’s locker room is a mess.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Guys like Jeff Teague and Derrick Rose are not worth bothering with. They don't fill needs and they would potentially disrupt our chemistry.

I think Teague would be great playing Delon’s and Norm’s minutes. Kawhi, Lowry, FVV, Danny Green and Teague could fill the minutes at the 1,2 and 3.

Comment

• Beal is my preference, I don’t know of we have the pieces to get him.

I really don’t think we need another mid tier player. It’s either all-star or borderline all star if we are getting a wing. If we are getting a big, Marvin Williams equal or better.

It’s not worth messing with the chemistry for anything less.

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post
                          Haven't really known Rose to be bad in the locker room unless you're suggesting with the chemistry of players just having to learn to play with him? In which case, still a decent chunk of the season to do so if that happened.

In terms of fit, you're probably right though. Pros are he's someone that can create his own shots and has a good 3 point % but not sure he really brings the rest of the team into the game which is sort of the problem we currently have with Freddy and he's body is pretty fragile.
                          He just sucks up a ton of usage, and it will be really tough to integrate his style of play to a winning system. Plus he's 93rd of 97 point guards in DRPM, so what ever he gives us on offense we'll lose on defense.

Teague is just unreliable and that ankle looks very shaky to me.

Comment

• What would you be willing to give up for Justise Winslow, E'Twaun Moore, or T.J. Warren?

https://bit.ly/2U4mzUy

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                              What would you be willing to give up for Justise Winslow, E'Twaun Moore, or T.J. Warren?

They're all playing very well this year, all shooting 43% and up from deep with over 4 attempts per game. So yeah, any of them would be nice, but for that very reason I don't see their teams parting with them, unless it's for the very players we don't want to part with ourselves (eg Siakam).

Maybe Moore if NOLA really parts with AD and tank, but that's very unlikely. The Heat loves Winslow. Warren at 25 for Phoenix is a great player to grow with Booker & Ayton so I don't think they'd part with him unless is for there's a first rounder + prospect in the mix.

But yeah, conceptually these are the kind of players we could use: reliable rotation players that can shoot the 3 well. On paper we have that already, problem is they're all banged up/going through slumps at the same time.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                                What would you be willing to give up for Justise Winslow, E'Twaun Moore, or T.J. Warren?

We already have our own version of Justise Winslow - his name is Norman Powell. Winslow's assist stats are inflated because they're playing him at PG a lot of the time. Powell's overall efficiency (112 vs 103) and TS% (.587 vs. .512) more than make up for the slight edge Winslow has in 3P% (.383 vs. .354). And Norm's stats since he returned from injury are even better.

http://bkref.com/tiny/alcDG

Comment

Working...
                                X