2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Tim has a lower career 3P% than Wright, Van Vleet or Anunoby, and he had a worse shooting year last year than Lowry this year.

Once he becomes a Raptor you'll hate him like the rest of the guys
    So you're a numbers guy now?

Do you seriously believe that OG and Wright are better shooters than Hardaway? lol
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yeah, we need to be looking a minor fringe moves for veteran shooters, like: Ellington, Troy Daniels, Courtney Lee, heck even Anthony Tolliver. Basically we should probably be looking at journeymen types who have a track record of shooting a high 3P%, regardless of what team, coach or system you plug them into. I'd toss Channing Frye into that mix, except he's probably way past prime.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
        So you're a numbers guy now?

Do you seriously believe that OG and Wright are better shooters than Hardaway? lol
        Tell me if you could insert the name of about 6 current Raptors in the bolded part of this Hardaway write up and it would be accurate

Handed the ultimate green light by former head coach, Jeff Hornacek, Hardaway attempted over 7 treys per game, averaging 2.3 off the dribble, on which he shot a ghastly 28%. Even on catch-and-shoot looks Hardaway hit just 33.7%.

Of the 13 players last season who averaged at least seven attempts per game last season, Hardaway was dead last in accuracy, lagging far behind Eric Gordon, who hit on a comparatively robust 35.9%. Shooting like Raymond Felton while hoisting at a Klay Thompson-esque volume isn’t a good look.

Three is greater than two, but when you’re shooting at a suboptimal level, gunning incessantly isn’t a smart idea. Eschewing some of his wilder three point attempts for more forays to the rim would have been wise and done wonders for his overall efficiency.

Then there was the general inconsistency of his performances. Every time it seemed he had found his footing and could kick on, he would fall back into a malaise. One step forward two steps back.

During one of the worst 7 game stretches of professional basketball ever played by a heavy-minutes starter, Hardaway went 5/44 from three and 24/93 from the field overall. This came on the heels of a hot return from a stress injury which sidelined him for six weeks from December into January.

Perhaps most frustrating about these wild swings in performance and his overall shooting woes were how they obscured progress he has made in other areas of his game.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Tell me if you could insert the name of about 6 current Raptors in the bolded part of this Hardaway write up and it would be accurate
          Hardaway was a go to guy for the Knicks last year. They asked him to do a lot. He was their 2nd option behind Porzingis.

If he gets traded here, he'd be a bench guy. All he needs to do is hit open shots.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
            Hardaway was a go to guy for the Knicks last year. They asked him to do a lot. He was their 2nd option behind Porzingis.

If he gets traded here, he'd be a bench guy. All he needs to do is hit open shots.
            Fair enough. Hes an upgrade on miles and wright forsure, maybe Powell but not sure when you factor defense. The 18 million for 2 more years scares me when you already see the Knicks not having a good market to deal him

Comment

• If we are talking about instant offense and high percentage 3...the first name that stands out is Derrick Rose.

Though the risk is still his health. Minny most likely will attach Dieng’s hefty contract.

But he would be a good get for the playoffs

Comment

• Etuan Moore or TJ Warren can be good additions too

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  If we are talking about instant offense and high percentage 3...the first name that stands out is Derrick Rose.

Though the risk is still his health. Minny most likely will attach Dieng’s hefty contract.

But he would be a good get for the playoffs
                  I've thought about that too..he comes off the books this summer. TWolves are still interested in the playoffs...but for how much longer? They're 2.5 games out

Rose would have a lot of bids around the league he's having a resurgent season as arguable 6th man of the year

It would be a move that moves the needle. 19 pts a game, 5 assists, 42% from deep...he's not Bradley Beal, but he's cheaper.

Comment

• Another one that i like is Hood. I actually like Hood more than Hardaway.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Rodney Hood 3P% - 2018 playoffs:

Rd. 1 vs Pacers: .167
                      Rd. 2 vs Raptors: .000
                      Rd. 3 vs Celtics: .250
                      Rd. 4 vs Warriors: .200

Clutch

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Rodney Hood 3P% - 2018 playoffs:

Rd. 1 vs Pacers: .167
                        Rd. 2 vs Raptors: .000
                        Rd. 3 vs Celtics: .250
                        Rd. 4 vs Warriors: .200

Clutch
                        Shit. Forget about what i said about Hood lol.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think before the deadline, fringe teams would be able to determine where they’re at so they can assess to tank or go for the first round bust.

Comment

• Would love Derrick Rose. Don’t see it happening though.

Comment

Fair enough. Hes an upgrade on miles and wright forsure, maybe Powell but not sure when you factor defense. The 18 million for 2 more years scares me when you already see the Knicks not having a good market to deal him
                              I dont mind the idea of getting another inconsistent shooter. Not Hardaway specifically, moreso some cheap option like Ellington or Hood. Ideally you can get someone like that in the buyout market but id give up Malachi and a second. I figure enough streaky shooters and one of them must be be hot come playoffs.

Comment

• Fury stanning for Hood and Hardaway is hilariously in-character. Why do you hate all the good players and love the bad ones, man?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X