2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Fury stanning for Hood and Hardaway is hilariously in-character. Why do you hate all the good players and love the bad ones, man?
    Yeah, let's trade our inconsistently good 3-pt shooters for consistent, but worse 3-pt shooters.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Fury stanning for Hood and Hardaway is hilariously in-character. Why do you hate all the good players and love the bad ones, man?
      Who are these "good" players that you're talking about?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Would love Derrick Rose. Don’t see it happening though.
        Minny may have the fantasy that they can go deep as long as they dont face the Warriors in the first round. If Warriors stays at no.1 which is definitely a no doubter...6th and 7th in the West is a good spot to land.

Comment

• 14 days to the trade deadline Feb 7th 3PM Eastern.

Predictions.

1. The LA Lakers will be linked to any player who is available

2. The Boston Celtics will be linked to any player who is available, to some who are retired and to the surprise of some a player who is deceased.

3. T Rex will be traded for Fury and an avatar to be named later.

4. The Toronto Raptors will do nothing.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jan 24, 2019, 04:52 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            14 days to the trade deadline Feb 7th 3PM Eastern.

Predictions.

1. The LA Lakers will be linked to any player who is available

2. The Boston Celtics will be linked to any player who is available and perhaps to some who are retired and to some who are deceased.

3. The Toronto Raptors will do nothing.
            It's hard to say about your 3rd point there. Raptors got Ibaka and Tucker at the deadline.. so Masai hasn't always been quiet at the deadline. This year it's about keeping Kawhi happy and trying to get to the finals.

If we move a guy like Norm does that piss Kawhi off? If we don't do anything are we going to the finals anyway?

I'm sure Masai and Webster are having daily conversations about what they should or shouldn't do.

On the other hand there are probably only 5 or 6 teams that are sellers: Atlanta, Phoenix, Cleveland and I guess Memphis. Maybe Chicago or NY, but I know the latter wants no long term deals after this year which makes them a tough partner (as we have no expiring contracts, except for maybe JV if he opts out next year).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              It's hard to say about your 3rd point there. Raptors got Ibaka and Tucker at the deadline.. so Masai hasn't always been quiet at the deadline. This year it's about keeping Kawhi happy and trying to get to the finals.

If we move a guy like Norm does that piss Kawhi off? If we don't do anything are we going to the finals anyway?

I'm sure Masai and Webster are having daily conversations about what they should or shouldn't do.

On the other hand there are probably only 5 or 6 teams that are sellers: Atlanta, Phoenix, Cleveland and I guess Memphis. Maybe Chicago or NY, but I know the latter wants no long term deals after this year which makes them a tough partner (as we have no expiring contracts, except for maybe JV if he opts out next year).
              Agreed. Very doubtful at this stage of the game and what they have done this off season that the two will just stand pat before the deadline

Comment

• I feel like we will be pretty quite at the trade deadline, but we will be much more active once buyouts start happening.

Lin, Wesley Matthews, Taj Gibson, Parsons, Mirotic, Randolph, Shumpert, Kanter, all could be bought out. They all have one or 2 year contracts, that might be hard to move by trade. But we are now a buyout destination. We have a viable chance to win the east and maybe more. Any of those guys (add Rose to the list although his contract is easier to trade) would definitely strengthen our bench.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

If we assume that the Raps either don't get to the finals or else lose to GSW in the finals and they haven't done any tinkering at all to give themselves an optically better position, Masai will be blamed. He willmake a minor move imo

Comment

• I still dont think the raps can make it 2 finals or win championship..if this is indeed the year u want 2 win and ure going for it..than Anthony Davis is ure answer..and if it means loosing siakim and OG..plus Im all for, love the players..but Anthony Davis makes the raps Golden State level, anyway that's what I think..raps are good, but u gotta b great 2 make 2 finals and win it and I don't c it with the make up of this team..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Maye delon was actually out of te rotation or maybe theirs something more to it. I dont think we can afford to offer delon the money he might get this summer. As a RFA i im a team outside the playoffs picking up delon and givig him 30 or so games to see wht he can in a bigger role would intreging.if you like wht you see can match any offers. I would look to move him for a good combo gaurd who can hit the 3 to a team who could benifit from delon. Orlando, phx maybe even dallas if they want dsj gone really bad
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Maye delon was actually out of te rotation or maybe theirs something more to it. I dont think we can afford to offer delon the money he might get this summer. As a RFA i im a team outside the playoffs picking up delon and givig him 30 or so games to see wht he can in a bigger role would intreging.if you like wht you see can match any offers. I would look to move him for a good combo gaurd who can hit the 3 to a team who could benifit from delon. Orlando, phx maybe even dallas if they want dsj gone really bad
                        You don't tank his value by benching him though. Unless the deal was already in place but we would've known by now. I always go back to Ed Davis trade. Right before Raps traded him he was doing a bunch of minutes (out of nowhere too) and putting up good numbers.
                        Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Jan 26, 2019, 04:03 PM.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          You don't tank his value by benching him though. Unless the deal was already in place but we would've known by now. I always go back to Ed Davis trade. Right before Raps traded him he was doing a bunch of minutes (out of nowhere too) and putting up good numbers.
                          Ya agree an extended benching would hurt is vaule but maybe somethin is in the works. Were heading to dallas after all maybe delon stays their? If he doesnt get playing time in next 2 games it points more to a benching then a trade brewing

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Ya agree an extended benching would hurt is vaule but maybe somethin is in the works. Were heading to dallas after all maybe delon stays their? If he doesnt get playing time in next 2 games it points more to a benching then a trade brewing
                            Delon+ Malachi for DSJ + Broekhoff

DSJ might actually prosper in a free flowing offense.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Delon+ Malachi for DSJ + Broekhoff

DSJ might actually prosper in a free flowing offense.
                              so can someone feel me in why Dallas getting rid of DSJ? Not trying to be snarky
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                so can someone feel me in why Dallas getting rid of DSJ? Not trying to be snarky
                                Appatently dont like the fit with doncic. They say he takes the ball out of his hands to much. If we could get a top draft pick fron last year for delon on rookie contract id say you do it. Maybe dsj presence motivate fred to pick his game up

Comment

Working...
                                X