2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Appatently dont like the fit with doncic. They say he takes the ball out of his hands to much. If we could get a top draft pick fron last year for delon on rookie contract id say you do it. Maybe dsj presence motivate fred to pick his game up
    LOL yeah no brainer if Mavs want to do that but I don't see why they would
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      LOL yeah no brainer if Mavs want to do that but I don't see why they would
      ya not a very good return for dallas but seem both parties want to get this done before the deadline. Im not sure the kind of offers they will get. If it was something like Norm +Delon for DSJ and a matching salary do you do it? Norms playing well right not but i dunno if his recent play will stick around or if we should sell high. DSJ would be nice with the bench but he doesnt shoot the ball particularly well.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Flip him for The Moose?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Flip him for The Moose?!

If hes looking for a larger role hes not gonna get it here. Plus we already got a thon maker in boucher.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            If hes looking for a larger role hes not gonna get it here. Plus we already got a thon maker in boucher.
            Boucher is still 20 pounds away from being a Thon.

Comment

• Thon is only good against Raps
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Flip him for The Moose?!

I have always wanted to say "it's time to meet our Maker"
                ..so theres that
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• He has an ontario connection (HS) I dont care if hes skinny hed still do better than moose. Good handles

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted somewhere, but some speculative targets for the Raps on Sportsnet:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...rade-deadline/

My take on their suggestions:

JaMychael Green - Would be an awesome fit. Shoots the 3 well, explosive interior game, plays PF where we're kind of thin and would work seamless in the depth chart behind Siakam. Looks like Memphis will be selling too, so this would be a guy to target imo.

Garret Temple - Not as good as J. Green but a grizzly vet, good defender that would probably be solid in the playoffs

Vince Carter - From a pure basketball sense it works. Cheap, veteran presence that can shoot from distance. Don't want the baggage on a year like this though.

Trevor Ariza - Would be amazing, especially given the Kawhi connection, but the time to get him would have been when he was leaving Houston, or even when he was in Phoenix. Now that the Wizs just got him, they're not gonna give him up. We were too late on that one.

Jeff Green - Meh.

Noah Vonleh - Another underrated, flying under the radar guy that would be an amazing fit for now and the future imo . Only 23, strong PF kind of player (like JaMychal Green), shooting over 40% from 3. UFA this summer, playing strong on his contract year. Philly already has expressed interest in him, and I think he'll be moved from the Knicks by the deadline, especially if there's a pick in the package.

E'twan Moore - Good frontcourt/backcourt tweener, good shooter, I would like to get him, but I don't think the Pelicans would be selling. His contract expires right at the same time Lowry's and Serge's, so the timeline would be perfect.

Joe Harris - It would be a buy-high player, and unless Brooklyn implodes in the standings in the next 10 days, they won't be selling at the deadline. It would be a good fit behind Danny Green, but it's not realistic imo.

Bobby Portis - Another young, strong PF type of player. Rebounds and shoots well, addressing what is probably two of the bigger weaknesses of the Raps right now. He wouldn't come cheap though, he's only 23.

I would like any of JaMychael Green, Vonleh and Portis. I think any of them would be the perfect 7th man for this team that would round up a nice 7 or 8 man rotation for the playoffs.

Comment

• JaMychael Green would look good on the team. A name that I haven't seen mentioned is someone like Troy Daniels of Phoenix. Expiring deal and pretty good three point shooter

Comment

• Heat clearly showcased Ellington tonight. Guy plays 31 minutes out of the blue. 19pts on 6-13, with 4 3pters. Not bad.

Comment

• Woj says Rich Paul Says Anthony Davis has asked to be traded, wants to be traded to a contender, and will not re-sign if the Pelicans don't trade him.

We can probably offer something like JV, Norman Powell, an eventual 1st and some 2nds. I'd be mighty surprised if that was enough to beat the other offers out there.

Philly would probably need to offer Embiid, or whatever remaining picks they have from other teams plus one or more of their own.

I don't see why Golden State would make that trade when they have Cousins, or know who they would trade away to make it work given that they likely want to keep all of their high-salary players with them for another finals run.

Denver doesn't feel like a good fit for Davis, though if I'm wrong on that score they should have some appealing assets they're willing to let go of if New Orleans is not looking for a big name player.

If third through sixth are considered contenders in the west, somebody is going to come up with something that New Orleans would seriously consider, especially if mortgaging their future a little helps their present noticeably - I'm thinking, for instance, that if the Spurs can pick up Davis without losing Aldridge or Derozan, they will be very motivated to get a deal done.

But where I think Davis will *actually* be going, unfortunately, is to Boston, in exchange for Hayward, picks, and maybe one of the talented guards out of their logjam. A Hayward trade is likely addition by subtraction for the Celtics at this point, and I think Davis is a good enough fit for Boston's personnel and playstyle that Ainge finally opens up the vault and sends picks out as part of a trade. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

• We’re not getting AD without offering Siakam.

Comment

• There is apparently a 'rose rule' in effect for both AD and Kyrie...Boston can't get AD without including Kyrie in the deal...Might still be appealing, but makes it a little less likely!....I'm not fully understanding it, I wonder if Kawhi is also a 'rose rule' player??

Comment

• Ok. NOW, I'll include Pascal. Let's go Masai.

Comment

Working...
                                X