2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
    Woj says Rich Paul Says Anthony Davis has asked to be traded, wants to be traded to a contender, and will not re-sign if the Pelicans don't trade him.

We can probably offer something like JV, Norman Powell, an eventual 1st and some 2nds. I'd be mighty surprised if that was enough to beat the other offers out there.

Philly would probably need to offer Embiid, or whatever remaining picks they have from other teams plus one or more of their own.

I don't see why Golden State would make that trade when they have Cousins, or know who they would trade away to make it work given that they likely want to keep all of their high-salary players with them for another finals run.

Denver doesn't feel like a good fit for Davis, though if I'm wrong on that score they should have some appealing assets they're willing to let go of if New Orleans is not looking for a big name player.

If third through sixth are considered contenders in the west, somebody is going to come up with something that New Orleans would seriously consider, especially if mortgaging their future a little helps their present noticeably - I'm thinking, for instance, that if the Spurs can pick up Davis without losing Aldridge or Derozan, they will be very motivated to get a deal done.

But where I think Davis will *actually* be going, unfortunately, is to Boston, in exchange for Hayward, picks, and maybe one of the talented guards out of their logjam. A Hayward trade is likely addition by subtraction for the Celtics at this point, and I think Davis is a good enough fit for Boston's personnel and playstyle that Ainge finally opens up the vault and sends picks out as part of a trade. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm not counting on it.

The Chowders will be in tough to make a deal work. They can't make a move for Davis until July 1st at the earliest. Thats if they can get Irving to sign at 12:01 AM and end the Rose Rule restriction.

Another speedbump for the Chowders is the myth of the treasure trove of draft picks is that. A media myth. Boston has for sure this year their own pick which is in the 20's. They are going to get the Sacto pick which is shaping up to land anywhere between 12 and 15, the Clips pick which will be no higher than 15 and the Memphis pick.. which likely won't convey this year as its proteced 1 to 8.

So one in the low 20's.. and two in the 12- 15 range. Quantity for sure.. quality.. not so much. And they all are going to have to be used BEFORE July 1 when Irving resigns or leaves.

So that leaves a capped out Ainge to trade a bigger salary off the roster (Hayward with future 20s picks... can't see NO taking a declining Al Horford) or they have to give up a big part of the team to cobble together enough salary to make the deal by NBA rules if Demps says no to Hayward.

Lets say Rich Paul isn't getting a Christmas card from Trader Danny and Chowder nation next year.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 12:40 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Pels don't have a tonne of leverage here with AD's agent saying he's going to walk. Basically it's the same situation Kawhi put the Spurs in.
      Yet the Spurs got DD.. a 4 time All Star and the equivalent of a top 10 pick in Poeltl.

Its not like Demps has to take chicken shit here. His leverage is that he has Anthony Davis . He has 3 points in time to trade him... This trade deadline... At the draft in June... Next season trade deadline.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 11:25 AM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Raps gotta make some kind of move, though. A rapidly declining Kyle Lowry and an overacheiving Pascal Siakam isn't going to be enough to get Kawhi to re-sign.

Comment

• The Pelicans suck but surprised by this request. I just assumed they'd hold on to him until he became a free agent like we did with Bosh.

This is really interesting. He wants to go to a contender. Not many of those around that can give back an asset or two for him. It almost feels like the Kawhi situation all over again where we can be in the best position to pounce on a trade request.

Davis makes $25.4M this year, but has a 15% trade kicker.. so we're looking at about $29M in salary. Which means a tax paying team would have to give away about $24M in salary or higher to make a deal happen.

Who are the contenders in the NBA right now?

GSW - no assets at all so can rule them out.

Milwaukee - they would have to offer Middleton I would think. I'm sure Brogdon would be an ask too. They have George Hill's expiring as well so could offer a nice salary ballast. Man Milwaukee is the one team I'm most scared of.

Boston - they can't trade for Davis until the draft. Hopefully the Pelican's trade him before the deadline.

Denver - not sure I see Davis/Jokic as a good fit but they have Millsap they could use. Or Barton+Harris.

Indiana - with Dipo out for the rest of the year this is a possibility.. but I just don't see a move there.

OKC - they'd have to trade Adams and they love Adams. Not sure I see a trade here.

Houston - Morey loves his stars, but his assets suck now. It's why he was willing to give up 4 first rounders for Butler and still couldn't get him.

SAS - DeMar for Davis? Not sure if Pops would do that.

Lakers - this is the one that everyone will be watching. And we may be able to beat any offer they have. It's tough to compete with Rich Paul though. You know James will be in his ear.

And then you have the Raptors. First we have assets that NO may want (specifically Siakam.. possibly Wright/OG). We can put a package together as we have salary. Like JV or Serge. We don't have great picks though and that might be an ask. Might have to trade Wright for a pick, and then add the pick to the package. But that's the one thing we may struggle with when competing with one of the teams above. I mean the earliest pick we can give is the 2021 pick.. and a team like NO who will be rebuilding may want something much sooner.

Masai really needs to get involved here. Davis & Kawhi? Oh My!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            My trade offer for Davis is:

Ibaka, Powell, FVV, Siakam and OG (plus the 2021 1st round pick)

for

Davis, Solomon Hill and E'Twaun Moore

No chance that gets it done, but I think it's the best the Raps can offer.
            Interesting cause I imagine most teams dont have the luxury to make a monster offer and have any hope of signing AD. Interesting team to watch is Portland imo if they want to split up the backcourt they have several interesting young guys.

The teams to watch of course are the LA teams and Boston, but honestly Id rather have Siakam than any of the Lakers young guys. Clips scare me cause a good offer for AD and Leonard might be a lock for the Clips, and they can make a very good offer. Masai better trade all the

If Im Masai I trade all the young guys and hope New Orleans wants AD out of the west.

Comment

• When was the last time a team traded a star to a team in the same conference? Harden? Paul? Honestly Raps have a chance.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Yet the Spurs got DD.. a 4 time All Star and the equivalent of a top 10 pick in Poeltl.

Its not like Demps has to take chicken shit here. His leverage is that he has Anthony Davis . He has 3 points in time to trade him... This trade deadline... At the draft in June... Next season trade deadline.
                That's not a great haul for Kawhi. By that measure we can get AD with Lowry and JV. Demps has time, but not leverage. That one extra year beyond this season is what may have teams interested. Two shots at winning it all.

Comment

• Comment

• It'll never happen T.T
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Getting AD is a pipe dream, but so was Kawhi.

Start the parade boys we're ending the GSW run!

Comment

• Do the Pelicans want to rebuild (with draft picks) or make a win now trade (like Thibs in Minny / Pops in SAS)?

Here is a trade where NO gets win-now players:
                        http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yahcdw76

Holiday+AD for Lowry+Serge+Siakam+OG. Raps will probably need to add a pick.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Do the Pelicans want to rebuild (with draft picks) or make a win now trade (like Thibs in Minny / Pops in SAS)?

Damn! Pels should be into it no? PLEASE MASAI

Comment

• Why are the Pels looking for win now players from any team? Without AD they are Knicks bad.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Do the Pelicans want to rebuild (with draft picks) or make a win now trade (like Thibs in Minny / Pops in SAS)?

Hell, yeah.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                Why are the Pels looking for win now players from any team? Without AD they are Knicks bad.
                                Not every organization wants to hit lottery. Playoff revenue ain't no joke

Comment

Working...
                                X