2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury wrote: View Post
    Nah you don't trade Porzingis + this year's 1st(likely 1st or 2nd overall pick) for Davis. That's way too much.

If you're the Knicks you offer Porzingis + Knox. Boston can't top that. It's going to be tough for anyone to top that.
    If the knicks do this Davis leaves in free agency. That team gets a decent pick this year (but still not top 5) then loses in the first round of the playoffs next year. Idk maybe they bank on free agency, but they should really try to keep KP and AD together.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
      Nah you don't trade Porzingis + this year's 1st(likely 1st or 2nd overall pick) for Davis. That's way too much.

If you're the Knicks you offer Porzingis + Knox. Boston can't top that. It's going to be tough for anyone to top that.
      Well, they get Davis for the rest of this season and all of next season guaranteed, plus he has supposedly said he would re-sign there. So they also get Davis on a super max.

I think Davis is worth quite a bit more than any player in this years draft because he's proven himself to be possibly the best player in the league for many years and is firmly in his prime for the next many years.

Porzingis and Knox wouldn't be enough for me if I was NO because Porzingis hasn't played in a long time and is coming off a major injury which has kept him out a long time, the kind of injury guys don't always recover from. So in reality they could just be getting a hobbled big man and Knox who so far isn't very good.

If the Knicks get Davis it will be by including this years pick unprotected, it's the bets thing they have to offer.

Comment

• If NO is accepting this year draft picks, as major pieces in the deal, why deal before June when you know what they are?

Giving a crummy team AD negatively affects the pick assets you get in return.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Well, they get Davis for the rest of this season and all of next season guaranteed, plus he has supposedly said he would re-sign there. So they also get Davis on a super max.

I think Davis is worth quite a bit more than any player in this years draft because he's proven himself to be possibly the best player in the league for many years and is firmly in his prime for the next many years.

Porzingis and Knox wouldn't be enough for me if I was NO because Porzingis hasn't played in a long time and is coming off a major injury which has kept him out a long time, the kind of injury guys don't always recover from. So in reality they could just be getting a hobbled big man and Knox who so far isn't very good.

If the Knicks get Davis it will be by including this years pick unprotected, it's the bets thing they have to offer.
          I thought the SuperMax was only for players that stayed on the same team they were drafted to. Hence why we can't SuperMax Kawhi, we just get his Birds Rights and are able to offer him an extra year.

Comment

• well after the kawhi trade i'll not rule masai out of anything, that's all I'm gonna say about it.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              If NO is accepting this year draft picks, as major pieces in the deal, why deal before June when you know what they are?

Right? AND you make your team better with some assets in return for a disgruntled/currently injured AD. I'd probably just pay him to sit at home the rest of the year.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'll just be flashing back to RR every couple hours waiting for the Everything Anthony Davis thread.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                  If NO is accepting this year draft picks, as major pieces in the deal, why deal before June when you know what they are?

Once the pick gets locked in teams are far more averse to trading the pick. I agree it would be better for NO if they knew exactly what they were getting but once it gets locked in the Knicks may say fuck it, we want Zion to build around with Porzingis and now NO has lost their best trade partner.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Right? AND you make your team better with some assets in return for a disgruntled/currently injured AD. I'd probably just pay him to sit at home the rest of the year.
                    I think that's why Raptors/Blazers etc, teams with actual talent to offer have a glimmer of hope pre deadline.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                      I'll just be flashing back to RR every couple hours waiting for the Everything Anthony Davis thread.
                      I call dibs on making it lol
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        I call dibs on making it lol
                        whoever predicts the exact trade package should get to make it
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• IF the Clippers trade for Davis before the deadline or in the offseason before Kawhi re-signs with us we're fucked.

Comment

• Also i know this trade is going to happen because all my avatars have been traded/signed elsewhere. Biyombo, Poetl and soon to be OG. sorry Ogugua

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                              IF the Clippers trade for Davis before the deadline or in the offseason before Kawhi re-signs with us we're fucked.
                              What do they have to offer? SAG and Tobias who will have to be paid this summer? Dont think clips have the assests for a trade. They need to hit the lottery in free agency

Comment

• New angle;

Either we get AD, in Masai we Trust, or Lakers do; give the Warriors a helluva run. Shaking their confidence and the NBA to its core, Raps walk into Oracle and close out our first championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X