No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans statement on Anthony Davis: "This past weekend, Anthony Davis' representatives informed us that Anthony does not wish to sign a contract extension with our team and subsequently has requested a trade. Although we are disappointed in this decision our organization's top priority is to bring an NBA championship to our city and fans and build our team for long-term success. Relative to specific talks of a trade, we will do this on our timeline. One that make sense for our team and it will not be dictated by those outside of our organization. We have also requested the League to strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction." - via Adrian Wojnarowski's Twitter

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      If that the case it only improves our chances
      maybe, maybe not. i literally mentioned this trade idea to my dentist mid - december STG.

this could backfire like crazy if AD goes to the clips.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Yeah lets not invent problems.
        GLF: Hold my beer
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• AD broke loose in 2019
          From maximum contract security
          12 rumors lined up across RR front page
          Seems the man we got in the summer had a war to wage
          Masai told the people theirs nothing to fear
          Said the last thing we gonna do is lose around here
          Ready to trade towns with long french names
          If we miss out it'll be a dam shame

franchise 28 years old never kissed an trophy

To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Etuan Moore
            bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            etwuan
            So E'Twaun has an $8.8M contract this year, and an $8.5M contract next year. So basically a decent mid level contract. Depending on who NO wants we could use him as a backup wing to replace Norm, OG or CJ.

He's a starting quality 2/3 but would have to come off the bench (no way he starts over Kawhi or Green). He's shooting 41.7% from 3 this season. Career 38.9% shooter. Positive DWS scores every year, but nothing that screams elite. -1.74 RPM and a -2.19 DRPM though. Sub 17% usage so would fit right in. He's a good passer. Averaged over 6 assists in his sophomore year.

He's also only 29. So a vet but not on his last legs.

6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan... yeah he's definitely a Masai type of guy.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
              maybe, maybe not. i literally mentioned this trade idea to my dentist mid - december STG.

this could backfire like crazy if AD goes to the clips.
              Don't leave us on pins and needles....what did your dentist think of the deal??

Comment

AD broke loose in 2019
                From maximum contract security
                12 rumors lined up across RR front page
                Seems the man we got in the summer had a war to wage
                Masai told the people theirs nothing to fear
                Said the last thing we gonna do is lose around here
                Ready to trade towns with long french names
                If we miss out it'll be a dam shame

franchise 28 years old never kissed an trophy

New Orleans is sinking, and Raptors wanna swim (like Michael Phelps)

Comment

• Windhorst on Lowe Post right now also speculating on the Kyrie/AD/Lebron super team.
                  He’s obviously dialed in and at the same time Lebron tags kyrie in rewind.

Comment

• Guys, I'm typically a realistic optimist as far as my speculations pertaining anything NBA and Raptors' news. I'm just very surprised that nobody here has mentioned how badly this could backfire/sabbotage us, if NO sends AD to the clippers.

The Clippers trade package is basically the same as ours from an insiders and outsiders perspective. and it even has a 1st.
                    The big kicker is that if AD goes to the clips Kawhi is on the next plane outta T.O. as soon as the playoffs are over.

Comment

Guys, I'm typically a realistic optimist as far as my speculations pertaining anything NBA and Raptors' news. I'm just very surprised that nobody here has mentioned how badly this could backfire/sabbotage us, if NO sends AD to the clippers.

The Clippers trade package is basically the same as ours from an insiders and outsiders perspective. and it even has a 1st.
                      The big kicker is that if AD goes to the clips Kawhi is on the next plane outta T.O. as soon as the playoffs are over.
                      What diffrence does it make if we try to trade for him? if they like what the clips have to offer they would trade him their regardless. Why would NO say oh Toronto want him? Lets trade him to the clips then kawhi will leave and we create a superteam in our own conference just to fuck over toronto? I just dont follow the logic

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Don't leave us on pins and needles....what did your dentist think of the deal??

hahaha its king west dental on Bathurst and Spadina. She is OG's dentist as well as Normans and a few others also like Bebe, she said she was sad i would suggest it (me saying Ibaka and OG for AD) and she didnt want to see OG leave because she loves him.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Windhorst on Lowe Post right now also speculating on the Kyrie/AD/Lebron super team.
                          He’s obviously dialed in and at the same time Lebron tags kyrie in rewind.
                          Poor Kevin Love sitting in Cleveland like fuck you guys

Comment

What diffrence does it make if we try to trade for him? if they like what the clips have to offer they would trade him their regardless. Why would NO say oh Toronto want him? Lets trade him to the clips then kawhi will leave and we create a superteam in our own conference just to fuck over toronto? I just dont follow the logic
                            If we try to fleece them in any way whatsoever they could send our entire franchise to the guillotine.

Also, Lebron James, the Laker, would be the LA Clippers little bitch in the highly televised, world famous, city of Los Angeles California. He would be second best in his own city on a team that failed to bring in Kawhi and pry away AD. James would be stuck babysitting Lavars son + his buddies.
                            Also it would disrupt GSW (who signed Cousins) as well as OKC, HOU and all of the Pels rivals while NO just sits back and rebuilds.
                            Last edited by c-troop; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

If we try to fleece them in any way whatsoever they could send our entire franchise to the guillotine.
                              why would we try to fleece them when a generational 2 way talent in on the table? NO is not gonna ruin their franchise to spite the raptors. and we're not gonna come with a low ball offer. their gonna be so many bidders we gotta put something good in the table

Comment

• Right now I think the threats to get Davis are the Blazers - who everybody is sleeping on - the Lakers, the Knicks, the Nets, and us.

The Lakers can offer a lot of young players with upside plus picks. None of them are especially great right now, but Lonzo and Ingram may well become something, and New Orleans can turn around and flip Kuzma or Josh Hart for more picks: New Orleans is just going to trade good players for prospects and picks in a way that would make Philly blush, if they're smart.

The Blazers package is basically just a shit-ton of picks (like, imagine four first-rounders plus four second-rounders and that, I think, is what Portland will give up to get Davis without thinking hard about it) and Meyers Leonard plus mediocre dead salary. Which is honestly not that bad.

The Knicks and Nets can both offer a combination of good players and picks, plus they have the allure of New York City for Davis, which matters more than you think. The Knicks can offer either Porzingis or a shot at Zion Williamson; the Nets can offer Jarrett Allen and one of Spencer Dinwiddie or D'Angelo Russell plus a couple other decent young players.

If I am Masai, my goal is basically "whatever they want, so long as I don't have to give up Kyle, Kawhi, or Pascal." The risk is just too great that Davis demands a trade in the offseason to give up Pascal. That said, Ibaka + OG + Delon + Norm and two firsts for Davis and E'Twaun Moore? In a heartbeat, the Raps should do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X