2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
    can you please explain for guys like me who don't understand fully what's going on
    Lebron's childhood friend, Rich Paul, is the owner Klutch Sports agency who represents: AD, JR Smith, Bledsoe, Simmons, KCP, TT, CoJo and others. This gives Lebron influence over player movement in the NBA and leverage over his franchise when it comes to salaries. It's an obvious conflict of interest, but well within the rules.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Lebron's childhood friend, Rich Paul, is the owner Klutch Sports agency who represents: AD, JR Smith, Bledsoe, Simmons, KCP, TT, CoJo and others. This gives Lebron influence over player movement in the NBA and leverage over his franchise when it comes to salaries. It's an obvious conflict of interest, but well within the rules.
      same agent huh.. makes sense

thanks!

some argue that AD requesting trade is fake news

what are your thoughts on that?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Oh sure, I'd love if that list was smaller and it probably is, those are just teams that would be a step above NOP for Davis if he came, but it's very much arguable if they would all be able to get it done.

The point in bold is precisely the point of my post and I totally agree. I think a lot of people are ignoring that when the put teams like Kings, Knicks or Clippers in the mix.

Agreed with your point re: Philly and also the asking price for western teams being higher. If NOP is smart they should try to move him to the East.

I hope I'm wrong but I think unfortunately the Bucks could do it. They're in a position analogous to the Raps in the sense that they are a contender in the East that can throw the kitchen sink at NOP (everything but Giannis), and arguably be better off after. If they do Middleton, Brogdon, Lopez and Illyasova that works salarywise. That's 3 starters on the top team in the league now, so that would be hard to beat, It'd be risky for them to do that because they're already doing really well, but the flipside is they'd have Giannis + AD on the same team, and would beat other offers with a package like that without probably having to include any picks. They could probably throw Divicenzo or Thon Maker in it who wants out of there anyway, which NOP would value after losing AD as a big. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Masai definitely needs to be on this, if anything to try to drive the price up for other teams.
        Middleton can become a free agent though, and it's hard to see NOP valuing Lopez and Ilyasova, even if they are having solid seasons.

We can offer more youth that they could potentially retain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
          same agent huh.. makes sense

thanks!

some argue that AD requesting trade is fake news

what are your thoughts on that?
          Just to be clear, that agent is Lebron, not Rich Paul.

Comment

• From 1 to 10, how hard does Masai go after AD? There is the obvious reasons to try and grab him because it would give us the best chance of winning a championship this year, but it could also give us a shot at perhaps keeping Kawhi.

Since Lowry got injured and his shooting dropped off, it's become pretty obvious that the talent gap between Kawhi and everyone else on the roster is cavernous. At least when Lowry was hot at the start of the season you could say Kawhi had a running mate to compete with against the best teams. Right now it just seems like Kawhi is fighting a losing battle because nobody else is really stepping up. Thank God for Danny G.

Comment

• well Jalen Rose predicted that AD will go to lakers

and I find him as reliable as woj when it comes to predictions

Comment

• So Demps has 2 weeks to get offers from teams other than LA. He basically said he's in no hurry, and he doesn't have to be.

He could get a better deal if he waits to deal him in the summer. That's when he can leverage a bidding war between LA and Boston. But waiting until the summer can also hurt the team as he'd have a disgruntled star on his roster that can create a cancerous type of situation.

And honestly you can see by his "tampering" concerns that he really does not like LA. So would he shun them just because...

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

With Davis saying no to the supermax.. you can see that money isn't what he values.. but he did sign with Klutch sports and that usually means he wants the spotlight.. or to be friends with Lebron (which is really the same thing). So unlike Kawhi here, it would be a lot harder to keep him around.

Siakam seems to be everyone's favourite asset to throw into make a deal happen. That's a big risk considering Siakam is on a rookie deal but playing like an all-star. You can get Siakam long term. Keeping Kawhi is probably 35/65. Keeping Davis would be more like 5/95 in my opinion.

If NO is rebuilding/retooling perhaps we can look at other NO players. Holiday would be a nice get. He'd be similar to Beal actually but a much better defender and cheaper to get. Mirotic would be another guy I'd like to try and nab. He's a UFA this summer so the price shouldn't be too high.

Fred+Norm+CJ for Holiday?

or

CJ+Delon for Mirotic?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  So Demps has 2 weeks to get offers from teams other than LA. He basically said he's in no hurry, and he doesn't have to be.

He could get a better deal if he waits to deal him in the summer. That's when he can leverage a bidding war between LA and Boston. But waiting until the summer can also hurt the team as he'd have a disgruntled star on his roster that can create a cancerous type of situation.

And honestly you can see by his "tampering" concerns that he really does not like LA. So would he shun them just because...

With Davis saying no to the supermax.. you can see that money isn't what he values.. but he did sign with Klutch sports and that usually means he wants the spotlight.. or to be friends with Lebron (which is really the same thing). So unlike Kawhi here, it would be a lot harder to keep him around.

Siakam seems to be everyone's favourite asset to throw into make a deal happen. That's a big risk considering Siakam is on a rookie deal but playing like an all-star. You can get Siakam long term. Keeping Kawhi is probably 35/65. Keeping Davis would be more like 5/95 in my opinion.

If NO is rebuilding/retooling perhaps we can look at other NO players. Holiday would be a nice get. He'd be similar to Beal actually but a much better defender and cheaper to get. Mirotic would be another guy I'd like to try and nab. He's a UFA this summer so the price shouldn't be too high.

Fred+Norm+CJ for Holiday?

or

CJ+Delon for Mirotic?
                  I would love Jrue, but would he be happy coming off the bench? Cause I think he'd be coming off the bench. Unless Lowry accepted a bench role..that would be fun
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Another thing I like about Jrue is that he's 28 and probably having the best season of his career, after last year was the best of his career. So hes still improving or right in his prime sweet spot. He could in theory succeed Lowry for a number of years with Kawhi and Siakam...

Definitely something we should explore short of the home run for the unibrow

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I would love Jrue, but would he be happy coming off the bench? Cause I think he'd be coming off the bench. Unless Lowry accepted a bench role..that would be fun
                      I guess it would be similar to us getting Beal. You move Green to the bench even though Green has been awesome. In crunch time you can have Kawhi play PF with one of JV, Serge or Siakam at the 5 (depending on who we're playing).

Comment

I guess it would be similar to us getting Beal. You move Green to the bench even though Green has been awesome. In crunch time you can have Kawhi play PF with one of JV, Serge or Siakam at the 5 (depending on who we're playing).
                        I was cringing at the Delon Wright backup minutes...but I'm sold. Jrue at the 2!

Comment

• I'm assuming he listened to Zach's podcast and came away with his own hot take. I didn't get a chance to listen to the podcast so taking with a grain of salt.. but seems to make sense.

Mirotic would be my guy assuming Holiday is not available.

Comment

• https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...lakers-celtics

New Orleans has options right now. The Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, and Raptors are expected to make trade offers for Davis ahead of the deadline, according to multiple front-office sources. To some degree, every team will at least consider making an offer. But the Nuggets are considered by front-office executives as the off-the-radar team that actually has the assets to complete a deal, should they choose to enter the sweepstakes.

Comment

So Demps has 2 weeks to get offers from teams other than LA. He basically said he's in no hurry, and he doesn't have to be.

With Davis saying no to the supermax.. you can see that money isn't what he values..
                              Money-wise, Klutch could provide AD with opportunities to invest in Lebron's growing empire outside of basketball - like no-risk founder level stock options. I don't think there's a rule against that because Lebron isn't an owner or connected to a franchise in any way. They could even do it retroactively, as long as it's kept hush-hush.

Never underestimate the money.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Not hating, but tbh, I think the team should try Lowry coming off the bench right now. I mean, despite his genius level BBIQ, Kyle can't seem to mesh with an MVP calibre talent like Kawhi. And Freddy apparently can't play with the bench in the backup PG he was paid for. Obvious solution is to move FVV into the starting lineup and have Lowry flex on other team's scrubs to prop up our biggest weakness. Lowry's ego would never allow that, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X