Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post

This is just cruel at this point
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

So your saying we can get AD and bring back the grizzles? Masai would deserve to to be the govern general if thats what happens
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                holy shit you found that tweet in an attic
                I still remember seeing it and being so confused and angry lol I can’t shed it from my memory

Comment

50,000 is like pocket money for that guy. Or for every NBA players.

The NBA should instill a harsher penalty than just a fine for tampering. Like, banning Davis to play for the Lakers.
                  $50K. lol. James Hardon spends more on a night of lapdances. Why would the NBA ban Davis to L.A. when they're part of the Ocean's 23 crew.

Comment

Well damn. There's the answer to the Kawhi leaving problem. Re-locate the Raptors franchise (and the hardcore fans here on RR) to San Diego. The casual fans (and pretty much all of Canada) don't really deserve an NBA franchise. Curling-loving, CFL watching mofos that they are.

Comment

• Comment

• ]

Comment

• It's crazy how the meaning of a "contract" as it pertains to the NBA, has deteriorated over the past few years. First Paul George, than Kyrie, than Leonard, than Butler, now Davis, all just wanting to go somewhere else before the end of their contracts. Like, don't get me wrong it's great for the receiving team, that's the only reason we could get Kawhi and that's awesome, but it's gotta suck if you're the team being forced to part with the player.

It's almost like for certain players, when they sign the dotted line, they're getting the assurance of an X amount of dollars for set amount of time, but without actually having to commit to that team. They can just ask to be gone of they want to. I think that puts the team (particular smaller markets) at a big disadvantage.

It's almost like the "player option" year on a contract doesn't mean anything anymore. If you're a player of a certain level you can just ignore that completely and ask for a trade whenever you like, and if you're up for paying the "exorbitant" 50k fine, you can even state your preferred destination (usually LA), screwing up even further the leverage of the team you're working for at the time. To me that can be problematic/fishy for the league, if it becomes routine.

The counter argument to that is "well, teams can also trade players against their will before the end of their contracts, so it's kind of the same thing". But it's not really. If a player is moved against his wish, he'll still guaranteed the same amount of $ wherever he goes, but if you're the team, you're a losing that asset for a potentially diminished return (cuz other teams know the player wants out anyway and/or know he'll be likely a rental). Not to mention lost invested time in player development, derailed team-building timelines, lost marketing opportunities from a big player leaving your city etc..

I think we're gonna soon start to see a push within elements of the NBA for "reverse no-trade clauses". Like, you're gonna get this shitload of money for this many years, but you can't just "ask to leave", unless you truly have a "player option" year to opt out. If you do, you're breaching the contract and you won't get paid. I mean, there's gotta be a bigger deterrent out there than a 50K fine, which is nothing for an NBA player. If not, the formation of superteams screwing up the parity of the league will become more and more common.

Comment

• ^^^ Well I mean New Orleans “could” say “we’re not trading you and we will risk you walking for nothing in 18 months.
                            An unintended consequence of the super max is it’s accelerating the decision and teams can view these guys as an asset to get something back before they walk for nothing. Maybe it’s not unintended at all actually.

One of these times I’d like to see a team just say nope not trading you. You can sit out the next 18 months and walk for nothing when LeBron is pushing 36 or 37. Might have to take that to wrestle back power.

Comment

• I agree. There should be a tax on the team that gets him and his salary should be reduced - or something. I think a lot of this player gets what he wants stuff started when Steve Francis refused to sign with the vancouver grizzlies when they drafted him

Comment

• What is going on? Mirotic, Payton, Moore and AD are all not playing. Are any of these guys injured?

Comment

Working...
                                X